Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are the Great Pyramids really made of?

Big Bad Voodoo

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reece22

• kmt_sesh

• Sundog

• Swede

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting! Would make more sense if they blocks were poured. If it is the case then we should be able to reproduce the procedure. Unless of course aliens made the mixture... :alien:

Actually, it makes no sense to pour blocks. You'd still have to get them up on the pyramid, which would be the hardest part of the project. You would also have to grind the stone to make smaller particles, more laborious than shaping, in my opinion. Only the labor in cutting the stones ( limestone is very soft, so this was not a difficult task) and dragging them to the site would be saved. To reiterate; poured blocks would be of uniform dimensions, which any picture you can find of the pyramids proves this is not the case. Poured blocks would also negate the use of mortar in between the stones and it is well known that this was done extensively. And then there is the matter of the marks on the stones from hammers and chisels. Chemical analysis of the stone prove that they came from the quarry

Then why are there bubbles in the blocks? :huh:

Why did they make a thousand different-sized blocks? I mean, if you're pouring concrete, wouldn't it be simpler (your argument, after all,) to use the same forms over and over?

Harte

Why did they make a thousand different-sized blocks? I mean, if you're pouring concrete, wouldn't it be simpler (your argument, after all,) to use the same forms over and over?

Harte

LOL Only a thousand? More like a couple of million different-sized blocks. Man, that's a lot of custom-made forms!

A very good point, though. The lack of uniformity alone argues against concrete in the construction. Then again, so does common sense--when one analyzes the culture that produced the pyramids. :rolleyes:

LOL Only a thousand? More like a couple of million different-sized blocks. Man, that's a lot of custom-made forms!

I thought the argument went that the upper blocks were poured.

Didn't someone say that here in this thread?

I wonder how they poured the granite blocks.

Harte

I thought the argument went that the upper blocks were poured.

Didn't someone say that here in this thread?

I wonder how they poured the granite blocks.

Harte

I probably missed that. It probably was mentioned here and I've seen the argument before: some are actual limestone, some are poured.

Bah.

The great pyramid remains a great mystery. There will always be theories as to how it was constructed. And, until we know the truth, it will always remain that way.

The fact that the great pyramid has an accepted build time of 22 years is also wrong. This suggests that the pyramid was built within the lifetime of a Pharoh.

even if we take into account the theory that the blocks were moulded including the casing stones then this means that 22 years suggests that the egyptians cut, moulded and laid 1 stone every 9 seconds 24 hours a day for 22 years. Even modern engineers would not take on such a task.

Go to South America and you you will find evidence of moulded stones. They literally look like playdough pushed and shaped into place. How did our ancient ancestors manage these things?? The hardest thing to explain is the fact that vitrified stones have been found all over the world in ancient times. We know of only one thing that can vitrfy stone in modern times and that is an atomic explosion.Are we to accept that the scientists are right when they say we were nothing more than caveman 20 000 years ago????? Or do we keep asking questions, as we should??

When we stop asking questions of our government then we may as well be like Germany in the 1940's. I do not like to say that because of the things that happended, but also to remind ourselves that we should not remain ignorant to what is happening around us, for ignorance leads to all kinds of wrong.

... We know of only one thing that can vitrfy stone in modern times and that is an atomic explosion. ...

Where did you here this? What do you mean we?

Edited by Mangoze

The great pyramid remains a great mystery. There will always be theories as to how it was constructed. And, until we know the truth, it will always remain that way.

The fact that the great pyramid has an accepted build time of 22 years is also wrong. This suggests that the pyramid was built within the lifetime of a Pharoh.

even if we take into account the theory that the blocks were moulded including the casing stones then this means that 22 years suggests that the egyptians cut, moulded and laid 1 stone every 9 seconds 24 hours a day for 22 years. Even modern engineers would not take on such a task.

Go to South America and you you will find evidence of moulded stones. They literally look like playdough pushed and shaped into place. How did our ancient ancestors manage these things?? The hardest thing to explain is the fact that vitrified stones have been found all over the world in ancient times. We know of only one thing that can vitrfy stone in modern times and that is an atomic explosion.Are we to accept that the scientists are right when they say we were nothing more than caveman 20 000 years ago????? Or do we keep asking questions, as we should??

When we stop asking questions of our government then we may as well be like Germany in the 1940's. I do not like to say that because of the things that happended, but also to remind ourselves that we should not remain ignorant to what is happening around us, for ignorance leads to all kinds of wrong.

Been watching Ancient Aliens, have you now, eh? ;)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Er... no. There are some blocks of granite but most of the stonework is limestone. Though the limestone did have a outlayer of more refined limestone as well.

My mistake. The perils of Christmas booze.

The article starts out with a lie, as no slaves constructed the pyramids, and delves into Davidovits theory which is more BS that's already been gone over in this forum. This is one idea that should die AND STAY DEAD. :yes:

cormac

THANK YOU! I was just going to say that. I didn't even bother reading the rest of the article. If you are going to have false info in the first sentence, then chances are the rest of the article will be wrong too

Since the great pyramid was built for/by a specific pharoh,why would it not be during his lifetime?

Vitrified stones can be produced in a volcano.

1 stone every 9 seconds? Do the math, there are only 2.5 million stones.

This site http://www.stonepages.com/news/ (as an example) shows that we are constantly finding ancient cities, camp sites, etc. from every age of man. If we can find these primitive sites, why wouldn't we find sites from an advanced civilisation?

Yes, by all means we should ask questions, but, you seem to accept everything in your post as fact, why do you not consider posing questions to the people who come up with this BS?

Edited by Gaden

suggests that the egyptians cut, moulded and laid 1 stone every 9 seconds

O.o They could build a pyramid in less than 9 months at that rate...

Edited by BaneSilvermoon

Might want to actually check the calculations you got off some fringe site before posting. 2,300,000 stone blocks in a 22 year period would be one block every 5 minutes. That's only if they were bringing the blocks in from one direction one at a time. If you make the assumption that they were intelligent, they would have brought in blocks from all 4 sides at the same time. This of course gives you 20 minutes to put 4 blocks in place. But wait, what if at the lowest levels they were moving 4 or 6 blocks at a time on each side. Then you have lower levels completed faster than the upper ones and the time saved on the lower levels could be applied to the upper levels.

Might want to actually check the calculations you got off some fringe site before posting. 2,300,000 stone blocks in a 22 year period would be one block every 5 minutes. That's only if they were bringing the blocks in from one direction one at a time. If you make the assumption that they were intelligent, they would have brought in blocks from all 4 sides at the same time. This of course gives you 20 minutes to put 4 blocks in place. But wait, what if at the lowest levels they were moving 4 or 6 blocks at a time on each side. Then you have lower levels completed faster than the upper ones and the time saved on the lower levels could be applied to the upper levels.

A good reminder of why the fringe's penchant for pencil-whipping is really nonsensical when all is said and done. There are too many variables that leave us with unanswered questions. We can ask all sorts of "what if" questions, each of which impacts the delivery rate of stones to one degree or another.

But I'm sure the aliens knew what they were doing. :alien:

I wonder what became of Nemysis? Several of us have responded to his/her post but we have not heard back. Are we that scary?

A good reminder of why the fringe's penchant for pencil-whipping is really nonsensical when all is said and done. There are too many variables that leave us with unanswered questions. We can ask all sorts of "what if" questions, each of which impacts the delivery rate of stones to one degree or another.

But I'm sure the aliens knew what they were doing. :alien:

I wonder what became of Nemysis? Several of us have responded to his/her post but we have not heard back. Are we that scary?

They prolly think your mummy's comin for em!

They prolly think your mummy's comin for em!

The threat is only implied. I've never actually had to resort to those extremes, but you never know... :devil:

Since the great pyramid was built for/by a specific pharoh,why would it not be during his lifetime?

Vitrified stones can be produced in a volcano.

1 stone every 9 seconds? Do the math, there are only 2.5 million stones.

This site http://www.stonepages.com/news/ (as an example) shows that we are constantly finding ancient cities, camp sites, etc. from every age of man. If we can find these primitive sites, why wouldn't we find sites from an advanced civilisation?

Yes, by all means we should ask questions, but, you seem to accept everything in your post as fact, why do you not consider posing questions to the people who come up with this BS?

Exactly! They think they are being open minded when they are blinding accepting crap, just not from a credible source.

Cheese? :yes:

Being immature and subversive, I would normally agree with this post.

However, I would modify it to 'soft triangular cheese'.

Much more likely.

I thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Next they will say that its made of cheese.

Dude,

Two posters already said that.

Harte

We aren't talking food pyramid guys. :devil: But on to the serious part, just the work of creating the millions of seperate molds alone for the "concrete" :w00t: job would involve enough work that they would be still working on the pyramid when the Mayans "predict" :w00t: the world ends at the end of this year :no: (Please excuse the sarcasm!!!!!! :lol: )