Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Restoring a dead person back to life

thedutchiedutch

I'm sure it's totally possible. There's probably a working model for the process already; though it probably hasn't been applied to humans so much.

As far as an option goes; even if you take the notion of ethics out of the equation, it just seems overly complicated and pointless compared to just having another child the normal way.

Why clone a lost child; why not clone yourself and raise yourself from childhood? Imagine trying to explain that to your wife. "Honey, how about for our kids we just use my genetic material? If you loved me as much as you say you do then this should be what you want too. I literally can't be any more inside you than this... :lol: ".

1000th Post; I need to get a life. :w00t:

Congrats with the 1000th posts :tu:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thedutchiedutch

• Mr_Snstr

• rashore

• Rlyeh

Who knows, in the future, we may have a museum of historical celebs, cloned. They would be instantly famous and would make a great amount of cash! It would be weird growing up, to find out you are Abe Lincoln's clone or something!

Think of it this way, are identical twins one in the same person? Do both identical twins have the exact same personality? The answer (as most of us already know) is a resounding "no". Cloning is akin to creating an identical twin, another person with the same DNA, but not the same person. When a person dies they die, you can't "get them back" via cloning. :no:

Dont assume that cloning a dead person is the same as cloning a baby.

Suppose someone gets decapitated and dies. If a new head is cloned for them and attached we dont know what will be retained. If any aspects of the mind exist outside space, time or matter then the cloned head would be able to retrieve information from it.

Dont assume that cloning a dead person is the same as cloning a baby.

Suppose someone gets decapitated and dies. If a new head is cloned for them and attached we dont know what will be retained. If any aspects of the mind exist outside space, time or matter then the cloned head would be able to retrieve information from it.

Why would a head be cloned for a dead body? What will be keeping the head alive?

Exactly. I agree. A replacement. But i honestly think that if this would be an option in the near future, we would be surprised as in how many people would go for this option.

It will probably been seen as a parental right and someone will campaign for it. But imagine the child. Nobody is going to be able to keep the secret from you that your deceased brother has the same name as you. So, what does that do to the psyche knowing you were developed to be a replacement, and would you always wonder if this decision or that decision was made on the basis of you being a replacement. Are your parents happy with the replacement job you are doing. We could go on and on.

Think of it this way, are identical twins one in the same person? Do both identical twins have the exact same personality? The answer (as most of us already know) is a resounding "no". Cloning is akin to creating an identical twin, another person with the same DNA, but not the same person. When a person dies they die, you can't "get them back" via cloning. :no:

My identical twins were complimentary, like same sexed siblings, each taking the territory the other didn't. As to the Myers-Briggs (personality) Indicator one was a ISFJ and the other a INFJ. That S-N different is fairly radical. My twins taught me that twins filter everything that happens to them through the question, "Is this because I am a twin or not?" Thus my insight to question in the earlier quote's response.

I understand and have no citing for it, but recent studies have been saying things about the health, happiness and stress of the mom has a great deal of influence on the baby's personality.

Who knows, in the future, we may have a museum of historical celebs, cloned. They would be instantly famous and would make a great amount of cash! It would be weird growing up, to find out you are Abe Lincoln's clone or something!

Imagine having a job before you are born! Every wax museum would have a clone of each person that is usually in it made of wax. LOL!

Indonesia was showing the desire to clone a military as far back as 1990. Just imagine that!

If you clone yourself you would have way too much insight to be fair for the child. LOL! Besides the experts say the persons we dislike the most are those who are like us!

Interesting topic.

Edited by encouraged

• 2 weeks later...

Was just reading this article which reminded me of this thread again, so i better post it here :)

A distraught dog lover had her beloved pet cloned so that she could be with him even after he had died.

New Yorker Danielle Tarantola paid an incredible $50,000 for the procedure using pet Trouble's DNA to create another dog exactly the same as the first.

She named the new pup Double Trouble after she contacted the world's only animal cloning company in South Korea

Link to full article & source

Edited by thedutchiedutch

thats creepy ^

• 1 month later...

Was just thinking about this. If a woolly mammoth can be cloned from frozen DNA, according to Japanese scientists.

My link

Does that mean that we could also actually restore (a dead person) to life ? By using it's DNA ? If so, can you imagine, for example, a family that lost a very young child, like a baby. Could science restore the same baby back to life with help of the baby's DNA, so the family has the same baby back again to start over again ?

I lost my 1 year old granddaughter a few months ago, and let me tell you it has been so hard, because I miss her so much. I found this sight because I was wondering about cloning. I wish I could see her warm pretty face again and smiling and it makes you wonder about cloning. How would it be to see her again as she was that would mean the world to me. Yes I can have more grandchildren hopefully, but I want her back. At the same time it sounds crazy and scary like the movie the Pet Semintary because I'm sure what comes from the cloning will not be her soul, but even if not wouldn't it still probably still be a sweet little baby who looks like her? Especially since she had not fully developed into the person she would have been. I miss her so much and each day I feel like her memory is fading as if she wasn't here at all, but she was.