Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death (The Grim Reaper)

Sainty

Death is often given the name Grim Reaper and, from the 15th century onwards, came to be shown as a skeletal figure carrying a large scythe (A harvesting tool) and clothed in a black cloak with a hood. It is also given the name of the Angel of Death or Devil of Death or the angel of dark and light. The reaper is said to been seen at your first moment of death, it will look over your life to see if you are to go to Heaven or Hell. Some people also say there are many more than one Reaper as it would be hard with many deaths per day.

It’s kind of hard to believe in cases of why are there ghosts around us then? But what do you guys think?

Thanks.

Sainty

Note: Sorry if this is in the wrong topic area, if so please move it to the right one Thanks!

post-124528-0-42655400-1325492645_thumb.

• Like 1

Yes, I have heard about them but how do they really exist when there are ghost still wondering the earth?

they are not ghosts, they are creatures, angels, spirits or gods.

they are not ghosts, they are creatures, angels, spirits or gods.

I think what she's asking is if these beings are collecting the spirits of the dead, why are people reporting seeing ghosts.

Edited by Bracket

I think what she's asking is if these beings are collecting the spirits of the dead, why are people reporting seeing ghosts.

Yes thats what I mean

Because ghosts are just like a replay of an event, what you are talking about are spirits ones that have crossed over either into the light or the dark and they can return to visit or (dark) to torment if you muck around in the wrong areas.

I have so many dying people around me atm that when death is less then 24hrs away I notice lots of white misty bits floating around the room and the pt. I like to think of them as loved ones waiting to help the person pass when the time comes.

Death is often given the name Grim Reaper and, from the 15th century onwards, came to be shown as a skeletal figure carrying a large scythe (A harvesting tool) and clothed in a black cloak with a hood. It is also given the name of the Angel of Death or Devil of Death or the angel of dark and light. The reaper is said to been seen at your first moment of death, it will look over your life to see if you are to go to Heaven or Hell. Some people also say there are many more than one Reaper as it would be hard with many deaths per day.

It’s kind of hard to believe in cases of why are there ghosts around us then? But what do you guys think?

Thanks.

Sainty

Note: Sorry if this is in the wrong topic area, if so please move it to the right one Thanks!

The Grim Reaper comes from the Black Death.

The locals would report Grime Reaper characters wondering around the outskirts of their settlements before plague struck.

Death sometimes shows up as a wee folk too. Sometimes ole Grim types are more of a warning of death coming or the severing of life rather than a guy that collects your soul and takes it somewhere. Reaping and gathering up are kind of two different things. Kind of like in the fields- one guy swings a scythe, cutting down the plants, and another guy does the actual bundling up and carting off of the plants.

That may explain ghosts. If the Grim Reaper is a real critter, his job is to reap life, not necessarily take those reapings anywhere. I suppose taking the reaped soul somewhere would fall under the job jurisdiction of critters like angels, guardian spirits, totem animals, other spirit guide types. Or maybe none of those things exist, and souls just wander around till they figure out where ever is is they are supposed to go to.

Yes, I have heard about them but how do they really exist when there are ghost still wondering the earth?

Who said they really exist?

Because ghosts are just like a replay of an event, what you are talking about are spirits ones that have crossed over either into the light or the dark and they can return to visit or (dark) to torment if you muck around in the wrong areas.

I have so many dying people around me atm that when death is less then 24hrs away I notice lots of white misty bits floating around the room and the pt. I like to think of them as loved ones waiting to help the person pass when the time comes.

Do you really think you see these white, misty bits? You should set up a camera and prove it! ;)

Do you really think you see these white, misty bits? You should set up a camera and prove it! ;)

Prove it to whom?

Prove it to whom?

The scientific community, or the World in general. :unsure2:

Just as real as the old fear that a demon can enter the human body while yawning and posses our mortal body. Hmmmmm.....yea ok. Tis just ancient myths fabricated by past generations that had little to no understanding about science, nature and thought that, anything good must have come from God and anything bad was the work of Satan.

Remember this fact - people once believed that thunder was God's way of showing his anger and that angels lived in the clouds above.

It's all mumbo jumbo.

If Death is just an image that takes you to the afterlife, I'd prefer a valkyrie thanks.

Of course I'd have to die fighting to get into Valhalla... hummmm...

Then there is always Pratchett's Death. He makes the show if the various BBC shows based on Pratchett, such as the Hoggfather.

I like the idea as presented by Pratchett of Death as both a function of a universe and (basically) a guy doing a job, he has a family (albeit adopted) a hobby (humanity) and basic interests in the smooth running of things. He even goes to (fancy dress) parties.

Then there's Gaiman's Death - she's a perky goth (think Abby from NCIS) who is basically the first person we ever meet and the last person we ever meet. Some people have expanded the DC "Death" role to various people/characters implying that Goth Death is just one of a pantheon - but she's Death to death and the universe not (as some writers have insisted) "death as a natural part of life".

Yes I really think I see these misty white bits. Besides the disrespectful and unethical matters involved with taking pictures in a pts room, even if such a thing was possible I'm sure I'd be accused of it being smoke or something, though they look nothing like that.

Having been on here since 2004 talking about my yowie contact and other spiritual stuff, I've learnt I don't need to prove anything to anyone on these boards I don't know any of you and don't care if you think I'm crazy. :wacko::innocent: It's what you know in heart and mind to be true that's most important.

Yes I really think I see these misty white bits. Besides the disrespectful and unethical matters involved with taking pictures in a pts room, even if such a thing was possible I'm sure I'd be accused of it being smoke or something, though they look nothing like that.

Having been on here since 2004 talking about my yowie contact and other spiritual stuff, I've learnt I don't need to prove anything to anyone on these boards I don't know any of you and don't care if you think I'm crazy. :wacko::innocent: It's what you know in heart and mind to be true that's most important.

I don't think you are crazy. No proof needed. I'm not really trying to dispute what you have said. I was just adding a suggestion, sorry if it came off sarcastic. I've had my share of "paranormal" experiences in my time. :alien:

You're right, you're not required to prove anything and I'd say most don't think you are crazy. The white bits could be as you say or they could be illusions, floaters or other. There really is no way to tell without something to back it up. You should continue to talk about your experiences on Um but they can't be accepted as fact without supporting evidence.

Death is a force of nature. It visits every living being eventually. People perceive the force as a dark figure because we like to humanise everything. If we were all canines, we might perceive a black or dark dog. If you are sensitive, the dark figure may appear to you in the presence of a dying person. If the figure appears in the presence of a living person it can mean the dying process has already begun, and this is what can happen before a freak accident and also with a person slowly dying of cancer or a disease.

Death is a force of nature. It visits every living being eventually. People perceive the force as a dark figure because we like to humanise everything. If we were all canines, we might perceive a black or dark dog. If you are sensitive, the dark figure may appear to you in the presence of a dying person. If the figure appears in the presence of a living person it can mean the dying process has already begun, and this is what can happen before a freak accident and also with a person slowly dying of cancer or a disease.

The Grim Reaper is just a man-made personification of death, nothing more nothing less.

The Grim Reaper is just a man-made personification of death, nothing more nothing less.

I highly agree with you :)