Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

personal messenger

diana prince

hello! i am trying to send a personal message and it says im not authorized to do this action. and someone tried to message me and they said tey had the same problem. what can i do to fix that? thank you.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• diana prince

• Bracket

• TSS

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There don't appear to be any restrictions present on your account.

Can you copy and paste the full error message and error code for me ?

Thank you.

I am unable to copy and paste it. when i click send a message it says "you do not have permission for this action" on its own little window. im not really sure why.

If there's an error on the forums it should appear in a light red box on the page, not in a popup window. This suggests it could be an application on your computer that is producing the error window you are seeing.

- Do you have a firewall or security software installed ?

- What browser are you using ?

- Does the same problem occur if you use a different browser ?

Also, would it be possible to take a screen shot of the error window ?

Sorry to jump on this thread, but as it's about personal messenger it seemed appropriate!

I had a notification stating someone called 'gehrig' had started a convo with me last night - but it isn't there now, I click on their name and they are banned - any way of knowing what the message was? and why was it deleted?

The user 'gehrig' was sending out spam to members over the private messenger, all the PMs he sent were deleted.

If there's an error on the forums it should appear in a light red box on the page, not in a popup window. This suggests it could be an application on your computer that is producing the error window you are seeing.

Also, would it be possible to take a screen shot of the error window ?

how to i take a screen shot? i dont know what that is.

i also cant recieve messages. i am told by others they are receiving the same message. and the box says message from webpage.

Who else do you know of that is reporting this problem ? I've sent you a PM, can you send a response to it ?

Also to echo the above ( disregard the screen shot for now ) :

I can't send messages either. :hmm:

Can you send one to me ?

Can you provide any details about what happens when you try to send a PM ? ( a screenshot would be handy )

i responded to your message but i just tried sending someone a message now and it said the same thing " you do not have permission for this action"

i do have a security on my browser i use internet explorer and i tried using another computer and i have the same problem.

Can you send one to me ?

Can you provide any details about what happens when you try to send a PM ? ( a screenshot would be handy )

It says i don't hanve permission to do it.

I seem to remember this happening before, a while back. :huh:

It says i don't hanve permission to do it.

I seem to remember this happening before, a while back. :huh:

As i recall it was because the system thought you'd reached the daily PM limit and the solution was to wait 24 hours for it to reset.

I'd recommending giving that a try because it seems the most likely explanation.

As i recall it was because the system thought you'd reached the daily PM limit and the solution was to wait 24 hours for it to reset.

I'd recommending giving that a try because it seems the most likely explanation.

Well, me and diana prince have been talking a lot in our profiles. Could that do it?

Edited by Bracket

It shouldn't but it's quite possible, especially if you've been getting notifications about each response.

It shouldn't but it's quite possible, especially if you've been getting notifications about each response.

Yeah, that's what i was thinking. The notifications. That makes sense.

I've also had a problem with personal messenger; specifically, I was no longer able to reply in a PM thread. I've attached an image of what that thread looks like. Now I know that moderators/admins can stop a thread from continuing in forums, so I have to wonder if a moderator actually stopped this private thread from continuing, which would mean that they've been reading atleast some of my posts. Some clarification on these issues would be nice.

post-90858-0-95500500-1326037992_thumb.p

Moderators have no access to member PMs, nor is there a facility on the forums for us to 'close' someone's private message conversation.

If there is a red 'x' on a PM conversation it usually means the person you are talking to deleted the conversation from their PM inbox.

Moderators have no access to member PMs, nor is there a facility on the forums for us to 'close' someone's private message conversation.

If there is a red 'x' on a PM conversation it usually means the person you are talking to deleted the conversation from their PM inbox.

Thanks for the explanations Saru.