Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who first lived on Earth?

KrowMax

Yes but that story has contact to your own belief i am a catholic and i believe in our bible..If i don't believe in that bible it means i don't believe in god almighty..

Not at all. I don't know about Catholics but many faiths USE bible as one PART of their basis for belief. Not that it is unfallible or even accurate. If you follow the bible literally, then you would kill people that it proscribes that you kill, you would not do any work at all on the Sabbath, you would follow a lot of Bronze age health restrictions, the earth is 6000 years old, people can live thousands of years, the world can be covered by water, etc, etc. Many of these are simply ridiculous. On the other hand, there are stories and morality tales of good tradition. And overall the bible is one of the basis of faith for many Christian sects. It is seldom an all or nothing proposition.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KrowMax

• Englishgent

• ninjadude

• thewatchman7

Adam and Eve were created after the rest of man, "special" in some way. Their lineage lead straight through Noah and Abraham to Israel. Other peoples were developing around the world independently, but the old testament of the bible is specifically about the lineage of Israel.

I believe there's a higher power but I do not believe that it is the god spoken of in the bible and I think that Genesis is at least partially inaccurate or misinterpereted anyway.

So you say that the story in the bible is lie??In the book of Genesis it says that god created the human in the form of Adam and Eve ..He made Adam and Eve after he maid the earth so that someone can take control of it.It is not mention in the bible that god made dinosaurs..Can i ask a question ??Who among you now does not believe God??

I believe in God but I don't believe the story of Adam and Eve is literally true. It's a story to help explain where people came from, just like dozens of other faith systems. Personally I like to think God was trying to explain evolution and the creation of planets to his first followers, got annoyed, and just to them he made everything in a week. :P

Yes but that story has contact to your own belief i am a catholic and i believe in our bible..If i don't believe in that bible it means i don't believe in god almighty..

So you follow everything in the Bible literally? So, you don't mix fabrics right? Cause if you wear cotton and polyester at the same time, by your logic, you don't believe in god.

well there is no fossil record of any humanid prior to 250,000 years ago i beleive?

we know that dinosaurs were around millions of years ago.

i know who i beleive was around first, the common ancestor, our single celled great great great .... 10^6 grandads.

"Toumaï" or Sahelanthropus tchadensis is the earliest known hominid and is dated back around 7 million years, however debate rages as to wether this fossil fits into the Hominina tree. Although the Human/Chip split is estimated to have happened about 6.5 million years ago. Australopithecus (Lucy's species) have been dated to as old as 3.6 million years.

Dinosaurs => 65 million years ago.

Edited by psyche101

Ahm..every people has it own belief.I will answer the 1st question..Ahm.the whole bible was written by the Apostle who was enlightened by the Holy Spirit.And the Holy Spirit himself is a god and he know everything what happened..it is just my own ..:)So God bless us all.

So now you admit that you know nothing of the evolution and collection of your own holy scripture. Thank you for playing. Come back once you've done some research. Start with the Council of Nicea and continue from there.

Do you have any clue as to how many HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of people that had to have been enlightened by the Holy Spirit over the centuries? Dude, you REALLY need a clue.

And I haven't even TOUCHED on any religious theological debate.

I can reference 40 or so major widely disparate Creation myths from across the world - each with a following of the faithful who believe that their's is the true version, so what is so special about the Genesis version? (Apart from the the fact that it's probably the one that you were indoctrinated with before you were old enough to make up your own mind.)

I have a feeling that the creation myth along with the great flood found in the Bible were borrowed from other sources anyway....