Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What If "They" Are Lying to Us?

acidhead

I agree with you. My general feeling without getting specific is that the US elects a man to be their president and gives him the responsibility but not the power.

A basic rule I learned back when I was studying management is that when you give someone a job, you must also empower them to do that job.

• Like 1

I agree with you. My general feeling without getting specific is that the US elects a man to be their president and gives him the responsibility but not the power.

A basic rule I learned back when I was studying management is that when you give someone a job, you must also empower them to do that job.

A smart person you are frank,though i am positive you know this man/woman must be qualified to do their job.Sun-tzu was a master at responsibility and power one of my favorite historical figures!I am starting to believe these types are almost extinct among the people we elect anymore.I am sure you know i am not implying that sun tzu was in any way elected,i just mean true leaders of people are a dieing breed.Not many around these days who are qualified.

• Like 1

That gets into an area unpopular with Americans -- the simple fact that democratic votes tend to elect good politicians, not good rulers. The "founding fathers" were a small self-selected group of elite aristocrats, but they set up institutions that stopped that process and instead put limited popular elections into place -- and over time even the limits they put on popular rule have generally been removed.

Part of the problem is that very few voters know the candidates well enough to cast a responsible vote, yet they all convince themselves they do. Part is also that good rulers must often should do unpopular things. Part is that politicians stay in power by flattering the voters and lying to them and handing out favors in one way or another (the Democrats mainly directly, the Republicans mainly with tax breaks).

• Like 1

Late to the party Acidhead, but I could not agree more! It is sad to realize how brainwashed so many americans are.

• Like 2

I love Judge Andrew! He tells it like it is, and I recommend that folks watch his clips on You Tube. He touches the political third rail in the clip in this thread. He demonstrates that both emperors claim to wear blue clothes or red clothes, but they wear no clothes. In fact, there might be just one nude emperor. He goes by different names. You can call him Democratic or Republican, but his real name is Establishment. He changes his name, but his imperial decrees remain the same.

• Like 3