Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Church charges for calls to speak to an angel

Still Waters

An angel with a mobile phone at the St Jan cathedral in Den Bosch can still be reached by her 06 number, even though the church authorities have introduced a premium rate line, the Telegraaf reports on Monday.

A 06 number and a Twitter account in the name of ut Engelke (the little angel) were put up by an unknown woman as a joke last year, although the initiative is now attracting some thirty callers a day.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xCrimsonx

• diablo_04

• wideopenwindow

• Junior Chubb

Some people have more Money than Sense.

Love Omnaka

Words fail me...

jesus-facepalm.jpg?w=500

I just lost IQ points reading that

False hope! rolleyes.gif Pass the plate like the rest of them!

An angel with an electronic device? I thought the Ancient Aliens brigade would have been using this for evidence before the story broke.

"Church" is about having faith. Faith comes in all forms. If a call to an electronic angel brings someone hope, kudos to them. Since the money generated will be used to repair another symbol of faith (the church building) I don't see anything wrong with that. Anything that brings other people hope is of God, electronic or not. I, personally, don't believe in going to a church building or an electronic angel, but I'm open-minded enough to accept other people's forms of faith. We all have our own paths; it is not my place to belittle others who think differently.

I can't believe it, everything is about $$$$ now in religion, at least the devil don't charge anything :devil:

Wow, is this the church version of those sex lines that charge to call? Just with a recording instead of a live talker.

I gotta say, if the gal that started the joke thinks it's wrong that the church is charging to call, she could always have the stupid thing shut off.

And then there's always the lonely souls who resort to this line because they have no one else..sad really. If it gives them comfort then it can be a good thing IMO

No matter what you believe in or don't believe in... This is wrong. What a crime.

Edited by thatRobGuy

Faith is believing in something in which there is absolutely no physical proof of its existence.

Faith =/= Ignorance?

If you believe you can talk to an "angel" on the phone... you don't deserve to be in charge of any sum of money. imo

• 1 month later...

I don't think that (most) people who are calling this number actually think that they are talking to an angel. No one is that stupid, even us silly old Christians. Some people just need something, like a diary, or a phone call to an electronic message to get their thoughts out and clear their heads. "Get it off their chest" as they say. If this makes people feel better then why not?

I think it is disgraceful that the church has decided to charge a premium rate for it though. It wasn't even their idea. Just an other reason for me to believe that the Catholic church is completely evil and greedy. I would consider the woman who put the message on there not so much a prankster, but an artist and now the church is cashing in on her work.