Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO crash at primary school

Junior Chubb

My son came home from school the other day claiming a UFO had crashed at school, he said an area was taped off and that he and his friends had seen an alien and lots of green slime (he is 7 and at primary school), at first I thought we had been spending to much time on UM and Youtube. I mildly chastised him for making up stories and decided we should spend less time watching Star Wars and browsing the web.

The next time I picked him up from school myself I was in for a surprise. Low and behold outside his class room was a taped of area, and inside that area a crashed UFO. Embarrassingly for me I had to eat my words and take back what I had said to him.

The UFO wasn't real, it was a model made by the teacher(s) and set up as an alien crash site. There was also green ooze all around it.

In the past I have read articles on-line concerning 'disclosure' of alien contact etc and enjoyed reading them but never taken it too seriously or lost sleep over it. I do not entertain theories of fake/real alien contact being disclosed at this years Olympics, reptilian aliens among us, alien bases on the dark side of the moon etc but I am open to the possibilities of alien life finding us at some point in time (maybe already).

The events at my sons school though may have swung my opinion slightly. Actually seeing this with my own eyes and looking further into it myself this is the strongest evidence I have seen that there may be a gradual plan moving towards a full disclosure. These events seem to fit in with a few things I have read and discarded in the past, as in gradually getting the population ready for such an event through media and education.

I haven't spoken to his teacher about it yet to see if this is her own idea or something she has been asked/recommended to do, I assume it is an investigation skill building project. I have found examples of similar things happening in other schools (see links at the bottom of post).

Am I the victim of spending too much time on-line myself and reading to much into this (should I chastise myself instead of my son?), are these projects just coincidence or is this today's children being primed for tomorrows disclosure?

Links to similar events around the UK:

http://www.barnsley-...ws/article/4811

http://www.ilkleygaz..._search_of_UFO/

http://www.spoonerro...at-spooner-row/

http://www.theweston...chool_1_1122330

http://www.firstnews...layground-i3487

http://www.ufo-blogg...-ground-in.html

http://www.hampshire...primary_school/

http://www.hornseyjo...l_hill_1_773737

http://www.braintree...us_UFO_landing/

Thanks for reading and sorry if i have rambled a bit because this post has become a lot lengthier than it was intended to be.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• Junior Chubb

• sickpuppy

• DONTEATUS

Unusual way to promote motivation, but if it gets the kids looking at space, it might have it's merits. I suppose fairytales have been used as motivators for some time. It seems to be structured to make the children more methodical if they find any sort of crash scene, but I cannot say I am sure about this motivating children for space studies. It is bound to give some of them the wrong impression. As for disclosure, I really do not think so. I am a bit on the fence with this idea, I guess it depends on how much thought has gone into this, and what the eventual desired goal is.

I just really hope this does not create more Meirs, Ickes and Greers.

Unusual way to promote motivation, but if it gets the kids looking at space, it might have it's merits. I suppose fairytales have been used as motivators for some time. It seems to be structured to make the children more methodical if they find any sort of crash scene, but I cannot say I am sure about this motivating children for space studies. It is bound to give some of them the wrong impression. As for disclosure, I really do not think so. I am a bit on the fence with this idea, I guess it depends on how much thought has gone into this, and what the eventual desired goal is.

I just really hope this does not create more Meirs, Ickes and Greers.

It is indeed an unusual way, however I must admit that I rather like it :-) Without knowing more I am hoping that it is used to get kids looking at space and in the same breath, pry some critical thinking skills into their minds. Hopefully it is not a Hoagland/Meier/Greer/Icke fan that came up with the idea and then pursues that angle. Then it would be really bad.

Cheers,

Badeskov

It is indeed an unusual way, however I must admit that I rather like it :-) Without knowing more I am hoping that it is used to get kids looking at space and in the same breath, pry some critical thinking skills into their minds. Hopefully it is not a Hoagland/Meier/Greer/Icke fan that came up with the idea and then pursues that angle. Then it would be really bad.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Yes, that is why I am on the fence, I think it could motivate children, and the prime objective seems more to help the children with methodology from what I pick up in the article. And I think that would be very helpful in an everyday situation, like stumbling upon a car crash, or witnessing a crime. In that respect, I see some valuable lessons, but I thnk we can awe kids with space without aliens. Y Canis Majoris is a spectacle on it's own. Or diamond planets, suns that shoot water bombs. Even Kepler 22b. Perhaps my age has made me too cynical. :unsure2:

Greer.jpg

facepalm.jpg

:D

I would like to know the views of the person that instigated the idea, I think that would say if it is a valuable lesson or not. It is certainly attention grabbing, in that might lie the gem.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Yes, that is why I am on the fence, I think it could motivate children, and the prime objective seems more to help the children with methodology from what I pick up in the article. And I think that would be very helpful in an everyday situation, like stumbling upon a car crash, or witnessing a crime. In that respect, I see some valuable lessons, but I thnk we can awe kids with space without aliens. Y Canis Majoris is a spectacle on it's own. Or diamond planets, suns that shoot water bombs. Even Kepler 22b. Perhaps my age has made me too cynical. :unsure2:

I would like to know the views of the person that instigated the idea, I think that would say if it is a valuable lesson or not. It is certainly attention grabbing, in that might lie the gem.

Motivational is definitely the right choice of words. My son is constantly talking about this, he is set for school with some photos of 'aliens' for show and tell (he knows they are all proved hoaxes). Unfortunately I won't get to talk to his teacher about it until Monday to find out if this is her own doing or something recommended by a colleague or superior. I am still surprised how widespread this 'project' is and its similarity with other schools leads me to believe this is a recommended situation (not necessarily part of the curriculum) for kids to learn skills.

It would be nice to know the thinking of where this idea came from, any 'hidden agendas' could be from a rogue individual rather than a grand-scale plan (disclosure), after all these ideas come from people and there are "Hoagland/Meier/Greer/Icke" fans in all walks of life.

psyche101 diamond planets, suns that shoot water bombs and Kepler 22b would probably interest my son, but for him and most seven year old boys adding aliens to the mix is like the spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down. ;)

Thanks for the replies, good to get some level headed views in. :)

Motivational is definitely the right choice of words. My son is constantly talking about this, he is set for school with some photos of 'aliens' for show and tell (he knows they are all proved hoaxes). Unfortunately I won't get to talk to his teacher about it until Monday to find out if this is her own doing or something recommended by a colleague or superior. I am still surprised how widespread this 'project' is and its similarity with other schools leads me to believe this is a recommended situation (not necessarily part of the curriculum) for kids to learn skills.

It would be nice to know the thinking of where this idea came from, any 'hidden agendas' could be from a rogue individual rather than a grand-scale plan (disclosure), after all these ideas come from people and there are "Hoagland/Meier/Greer/Icke" fans in all walks of life.

psyche101 diamond planets, suns that shoot water bombs and Kepler 22b would probably interest my son, but for him and most seven year old boys adding aliens to the mix is like the spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down. ;)

Thanks for the replies, good to get some level headed views in. :)

Hi JC (I didn't realize the initials till I posted LOL :D )

It would be great of you let us know the thinking behind it, like most things, it could be really good, or not. Being an educational institution, I would hope that principals and so forth were consulted, so it is probably not just one persons doing, but passed approval, which means it is probably on the level, and a good thing. If it is a good thing, I might present the link to my own children's teachers.

With the tales, as we can see, it's all how you tell it. I reckon I could shiny up those descriptions to capture the imagination, and still remain accurate. If this works, it may be a follow up suggestion for you! ;) Tales of deep space, where Icebergs made of diamond float (maybe as close as Uranus and Neptune! - LINK) But hey, whatever works! As long as the kids do not go away thinking they are going to meet aliens soon, and that Roswell was a real story about alien spaceships crashing. But the methodology lessons I think will be valuable in many aspects of life

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101

Motivational is definitely the right choice of words. My son is constantly talking about this

I have to say, that does sound encouraging.

i think a ufo crash is something sensational designed to spark an interest in a young mind. i think the green ooze adequately reflects this (the kids are oohing and aahing by now right?)

i think it is ...peculiar in a way, especially if this seems to be part of some larger curriculum and is happening elsewhere.. it is more or less 'the system' acknowledging the alien presence?

why was this exercise not displayed as a biohazard or such? (negative assocations?)

how many other parents show(ed) the same interest as chubb seems to?

..i don't think you're too off-base on this chubb, you present the matter rationally and seem to be one who is not immediately caught up in this scene. if you're coming to a site like UM you're looking for answers and that's never a bad thing, right? ..i do find it strange how these kinds of answers are being provided for kids tho?

..and stramge also how a kid (or even anyone!) might be told "Don't believe everything you hear/read at UM"

..why is discovering the truth made so hard i wonder? ^_^

i think a ufo crash is something sensational designed to spark an interest in a young mind. i think the green ooze adequately reflects this (the kids are oohing and aahing by now right?)

i think it is ...peculiar in a way, especially if this seems to be part of some larger curriculum and is happening elsewhere.. it is more or less 'the system' acknowledging the alien presence?

why was this exercise not displayed as a biohazard or such? (negative assocations?)

how many other parents show(ed) the same interest as chubb seems to?

..i don't think you're too off-base on this chubb, you present the matter rationally and seem to be one who is not immediately caught up in this scene. if you're coming to a site like UM you're looking for answers and that's never a bad thing, right? ..i do find it strange how these kinds of answers are being provided for kids tho?

..and stramge also how a kid (or even anyone!) might be told "Don't believe everything you hear/read at UM"

..why is discovering the truth made so hard i wonder? ^_^

Hi unit.

I think your right about the dangers of touching unknown green goo, should be approached with care. I will ask my son to take me through what happened, but its difficult to get the details as he gets excited and starts talking about an alien hiding in the school. He has come home talking about a project they will be doing about the whole event.

I'm not sure about the other parents, I tend to stick to hello, alright mate and morning luv with the kids parents. This is a good icebreaker though (asking other parents if its in line with disclosure plans might be pushing it!!).

I have always told my son 'don't believe everything you read' web or in print. Some of the UM news stories and forums can help stir a vivid imagination, also "many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" ;)

Hopefully I will be able to add more after school on Monday.

hi again, i would be interested to hear more as this unfolds, if you don't mind?

its difficult to get the details as he gets excited and starts talking about an alien hiding in the school.

sounds like this will be the project for this coming week. (find the fugitive alien) ..there is more to this than first appears?

..interesting how they described the occupant as 'hiding'

just wondering about the mechanics of all this.. the craft depicted as crashing implies some kind of unintended result on the part of the visitor. (why did the craft simply not land and the being then announce itself?) ..i suppose i'd wanna hide if i crashed on some alien planet..

mechanical failure? ..will they interogate the alien? (of course they're going to 'find' the alien, it's all been set up to happen this way)

it almost makes me wish i was back at school, getting a little too excited about this myself.. anyway, enjoy the journey, let us know how it works out? ..have a look at the 2009 LA conference with bob dean (you can download it all over the internet)

There was a mass UFO sighting in a School in Wales either in the 1970's or 1980's. That was the first thing that came to mind when I read this thread, not sure why lol.

Welsh triangle

Maybe they believe a a school will be the first point of call. :yes:

I have some more information on this from talking to teachers at the school and getting more sense out of my son.

The crash site was set up to be found during play time. Once it was discovered children were allowed a closer look in smaller groups (using gloves and safety goggles), only the teacher was allowed to touch the goo (with a plastic knife). The escaped alien was a figment of my son and his friends imagination. The whole event is to inspire and motivate the kids and does not tie in with a large project but may be used for smaller pieces of work (investigations, information gathering and observation etc).

The whole event is not part of the school curriculum, the teachers are free to use this event to motivate children but this is not pushed on them. I could not find out exactly where the idea comes from but it is related to a series of books by Simon Bartram. These books feature 'Bob' and his adventures as a spaceman. I was amused when I was handed one of the books and noticed it was published by Templar Publishing (are those damn Knights getting into alien disclosure plots now? :P ). My mind was at ease and I was pleased with the teachers openness and enthusiasm.

After looking into Simon Bartram and the 'Bob' books, I did find something else amusing (spooky maybe). This quote is from www.simonbartram.com

"The funny thing about Bob is that he never sees aliens. Every day there are some more aliens who climb aboard his rocket when it's on the Moon and he's not looking. When he arrives back on Earth they get off and start mingling with the people on Earth but Bob just doesn't see them. In fact he's sure there are no aliens on Earth. What do you think though?"

Now this did bring a smile to my face, just replace 'Bob' with 'a skeptic' and the quote makes great reading, something from a David Icke forum maybe or even UM. But this still leaves a very small question mark for me, it does not ask kids to question if there are aliens but if they are already here. I will leave this as an amusing coincidence as I do not want to imply anything against Simon Bartram and this is a 'kids book' after all, make of it what you will.

I am glad my son has had this experience, he has used investigative skills, observation and communication, a large chunk of imagination and been asked to keep an open mind with his decisions. It will be interesting to see how common this becomes and if it is mentioned by other UM readers in the future.

Links

http://www.templarco...on_bartram.html

http://www.simonbartram.com/

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/7622114.stm

I have some more information on this from talking to teachers at the school and getting more sense out of my son.

The crash site was set up to be found during play time. Once it was discovered children were allowed a closer look in smaller groups (using gloves and safety goggles), only the teacher was allowed to touch the goo (with a plastic knife). The escaped alien was a figment of my son and his friends imagination. The whole event is to inspire and motivate the kids and does not tie in with a large project but may be used for smaller pieces of work (investigations, information gathering and observation etc).

The whole event is not part of the school curriculum, the teachers are free to use this event to motivate children but this is not pushed on them. I could not find out exactly where the idea comes from but it is related to a series of books by Simon Bartram. These books feature 'Bob' and his adventures as a spaceman. I was amused when I was handed one of the books and noticed it was published by Templar Publishing (are those damn Knights getting into alien disclosure plots now? :P ). My mind was at ease and I was pleased with the teachers openness and enthusiasm.

After looking into Simon Bartram and the 'Bob' books, I did find something else amusing (spooky maybe). This quote is from www.simonbartram.com

"The funny thing about Bob is that he never sees aliens. Every day there are some more aliens who climb aboard his rocket when it's on the Moon and he's not looking. When he arrives back on Earth they get off and start mingling with the people on Earth but Bob just doesn't see them. In fact he's sure there are no aliens on Earth. What do you think though?"

Now this did bring a smile to my face, just replace 'Bob' with 'a skeptic' and the quote makes great reading, something from a David Icke forum maybe or even UM. But this still leaves a very small question mark for me, it does not ask kids to question if there are aliens but if they are already here. I will leave this as an amusing coincidence as I do not want to imply anything against Simon Bartram and this is a 'kids book' after all, make of it what you will.

I am glad my son has had this experience, he has used investigative skills, observation and communication, a large chunk of imagination and been asked to keep an open mind with his decisions. It will be interesting to see how common this becomes and if it is mentioned by other UM readers in the future.

Links

http://www.templarco...on_bartram.html

http://www.simonbartram.com/

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/7622114.stm

Bob sounds interesting, I will have to look up some Bob for my son, he wold like that. I cannot agree with replacing Bob with Skeptic. Skeptics go to the moon all the time? I seem to have not received my ticket! That was just a stir anyway I take it. The observation lessons sound to have been a success. As for disclosure, I really, really cannot see that in this. But I do see perhaps an imaginative teacher with excellent communication skills who knows the students, and what will motivate them. My kids are not back for a few more weeks yet, but I have forwarded the links to my wife. As long as kids do not come out of this focussing on the spaceship, but the observation, it seems to have been quite a success. I will forward the links to one teacher whom I know will be open minded about the lessons learned here. Did you ever speak to your sons teacher, and get the full story on the proposed goal, and inspiration for the project?

My only concern from day one was perhaps some adults might be forcing their beliefs onto new minds. I think the way it is set up, that perhaps no one set of ideals can influence the outcome? Which is a good thing.

Bob sounds interesting, I will have to look up some Bob for my son, he wold like that. I cannot agree with replacing Bob with Skeptic. Skeptics go to the moon all the time? I seem to have not received my ticket! That was just a stir anyway I take it. The observation lessons sound to have been a success. As for disclosure, I really, really cannot see that in this. But I do see perhaps an imaginative teacher with excellent communication skills who knows the students, and what will motivate them. My kids are not back for a few more weeks yet, but I have forwarded the links to my wife. As long as kids do not come out of this focussing on the spaceship, but the observation, it seems to have been quite a success. I will forward the links to one teacher whom I know will be open minded about the lessons learned here. Did you ever speak to your sons teacher, and get the full story on the proposed goal, and inspiration for the project?

My only concern from day one was perhaps some adults might be forcing their beliefs onto new minds. I think the way it is set up, that perhaps no one set of ideals can influence the outcome? Which is a good thing.

Your right about Bob being interesting. Earlier this evening my son had to do a piece of homework about Bob. In brief he had to continue a story about Bob landing in his rocket, opening his door and seeing the most terrible....? (finish the story)

He went with a four legged, four armed and four eyed alien who was angry that Bob had landed on his planet (Mars). After seeing that Bob looked friendly the alien said "Peace out!" gave Bob a high five then Bob flew home (quite surprising from Bob the skeptic).

Helping him with this was great, watching him chose different ideas as his imagination grew. I hope you enjoy a similar experience. :tu:

The Bob/Skeptic thing reminded me of some of the arguments I see in the lower realms of UFO/Alien forums. For example: After trying to debunk a UFO alien/video the skeptic is attacked with "you wouldn't see an alien if it walked up to you slapped you in the face" based on the skeptics inability to see what the 'evidence' clearly shows.

The above example is a bit extreme, but that's what I saw in Bob's quote and occasionally see on-line. Maybe it was a bit of stirring, linking it to UM definitely was. Either way drop me a PM and I'll sort you those moon tickets all skeptics are entitled to. ;)

I hear what you are saying about disclosure and agree. I can still see however that some will take this as the case, a school based project preparing kids for alien contact, maybe its a compliment to UM that it didn't happen here (http://www.edgemedia...986&whichpage=5 - about halfway down the page, starting from Angryheads post).

I have not spoken to my teachers son directly, I do not feel she would provide anything extra at this point, his whole year group was involved as were the teachers I spoke to. They were a little vague on the exact inspiration of the project, mentioning the Bob books and it being an option related to investigation and writing skills. I have found mentions on-line of this being something called 'The big write project' which is aimed at improving writing skills and using creative writing especially in boys. Sounds like it fits the bill, but then I found this, 'Everybody Writes' http://www.booktrust...writes-project/. There are a few PDF's available there that cover the goals of the project and an example of an 'Alien landing case study' if you want to look into it further. Could be their inspiration as they stated, not in the curriculum, chosen by themselves, just with the use of a different book (Bob, The Man on the Moon as opposed to Dr Xargle).

As for your concerns of some adults forcing their beliefs onto new minds, there is no escaping this nowadays. But in this case its, let them investigate and let them make up their own mind.

Thanks for the interest, hope you get to play Alien Landing Case Study too :D

Links

http://forum.davidic...92&postcount=33

http://www.edgemedia...986&whichpage=5

http://www.godlikepr...sage1217646/pg2

http://www.openminds...ith-aliens-611/

http://www.booktrust.org.uk/

http://fileserver.bo...-case-study.zip (Alien case study PDF's)

Hi JC

The more I read about Simon Bartram, the more I understand the project. Teachers seem to have much to do with Simon Bartram, and many appear to include it as part of their curriculum. I can see many reservations I had were unfounded. No doubt this publication was at least some influence: Alien-Spotter’s Guide by Simon Bartram

Thanks for all the links, I will share them. The everybody writes website looks excellent. And thanks for the heads up on Bob.

LOL, I take it that link to the Icke forums represents the extreme side of belief I take it? Straight to the point, I will give it that much!

Do you need my address to mail those moon tickets, or is email OK? ;)

Thanks, it has been an enlightening exchange. I am glad you posted.

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101

hi again, i would be interested to hear more as this unfolds, if you don't mind?

sounds like this will be the project for this coming week. (find the fugitive alien) ..there is more to this than first appears?

..interesting how they described the occupant as 'hiding'

just wondering about the mechanics of all this.. the craft depicted as crashing implies some kind of unintended result on the part of the visitor. (why did the craft simply not land and the being then announce itself?) ..i suppose i'd wanna hide if i crashed on some alien planet..

mechanical failure? ..will they interogate the alien? (of course they're going to 'find' the alien, it's all been set up to happen this way)

it almost makes me wish i was back at school, getting a little too excited about this myself.. anyway, enjoy the journey, let us know how it works out? ..have a look at the 2009 LA conference with bob dean (you can download it all over the internet)

I have posted what will be happening and what I have found out about the situation. I share your excitement with this.

I had a quick look at the 2009 LA conference with Bob Dean, but at the moment time does not allow me to get into this (part 1 of 9!!!), thanks for the pointer though I will hopefully get back to it soon.

Thanks for the positive response.

There was a mass UFO sighting in a School in Wales either in the 1970's or 1980's. That was the first thing that came to mind when I read this thread, not sure why lol.

Welsh triangle

Maybe they believe a a school will be the first point of call. :yes:

Very interesting link skookum, personaly I don't think it holds much weight except for the original sighting by the kids. Its great they got together as a team to make people listen to them, a good example for others I think.

What He said ! :wacko:

Good Movie too ! even if it was a bit typical ! :tu:

DONTEATUS, you lost me there, thanks for responding though.

• 1 month later...

i was away for a while and missed this untill now.

well.. can't stop progress, that's what they say, huh? ..i think it's a little strange ..all things considered, especially that aliens are incidental (yet they were implied) and aliens have nothing to do with it (yet there is soon after a story with aliens) and... nope.. everything's fine here (shh, the place is bugged) this is all above board (back up slowly) ..nothin' untowards goin' on here folks (****!) [edit: when the filter blots out an acronym, you know things are getting pretty rough]

regardless of what the industrial education complex wants your kid to think.. you will be there to right that wrong.

untill 'the grid' wants to make a definate statement on the alien presence, it remains up to you and i how we are going to deal with the questions of our children. we may not have all the answers, but neither do they. the grid doesn't love our kids, we do. our ethics and teachings have priority over theirs simply because of that.

ps: good luck in the NWO

:)

Edited by unit