Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hitler Surviving the War

Coyote Speaks

I did use the search function prior to posting this - just putting that out there, as I fear that this has been discussed a few times in the past. I've seen several threads purporting that Hitler survived the war, but these threads tended to be in response to new books being published (one regarding Hitler in Argentina, another more basic one about Hitler just surviving the war.)

I caught a rerun of a show on the *cough* History *cough* channel discussing this topic recently. It trotted out the same facts that we've probably heard before:

• The photo of Hitler's corpse passed around was a body double
  • No country could verify Hitler's death for some time
  • The skull fragments that Russia has are that of a young woman
  • South America was a haven for Nazi sympathizers after the war
  • Hitler's last actions weren't that of a man facing certain death

Essentially, this theory says that Hitler lived to a ripe old age after escaping the fall of Berlin. Some say he had two daughters, etc. etc.

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on this topic, whether or not they have more information to share, etc. I am learning more towards this discussion revolving around speculation and a genuine Alternative History view rather than just outright "this is ridiculous and couldn't happen." I realize this theory isn't one of the more plausible ones, but am curious as to what people will come up with.

Cheers!

If he did survive the fall of Berlin, the Soviets would have tracked him to the ends of the earth and done him in.

He was visibly ill the last he was seen in public so I doubt he lived to a ripe old age and anyway, the members of his personal staff who survived all told the same story of his final days.

Edited by Eldorado

I also saw in a documentary that they compared the teeth of an upper or lower jaw to still existing dental records owned by Hitler's dentist, and they matched.

I also saw in a documentary that they compared the teeth of an upper or lower jaw to still existing dental records owned by Hitler's dentist, and they matched.

How recent was the documentary? I'd be curious to compare it to the erm.. oh so reputable one I saw.

If he did survive the fall of Berlin, the Soviets would have tracked him to the ends of the earth and done him in.

He was visibly ill the last he was seen in public so I doubt he lived to a ripe old age and anyway, the members of his personal staff who survived all told the same story of his final days.

I agree with you about the Soviets. The common conspiracy answer for your latter point is that it would be beneficial for the staff to all corroborate the same story - they're looking to cover it all up.

I'd like the thread to veer more heavily towards speculation than reality, hence the Alternative header, etc. I realize that the possibility of this is incredibly small, I'm more wondering "if" it could happen, then "how" would it have worked.

How recent was the documentary? I'd be curious to compare it to the erm.. oh so reputable one I saw.

If I remember well, it was a documentary on National Geographic. And I saw it like 4 months ago (Dutch subtitles, and it may have been a couple of years old already).

If I remember well, it was a documentary on National Geographic. And I saw it like 4 months ago (Dutch subtitles, and it may have been a couple of years old already).

Excellent. :) I'll poke around for it sooner or later - I'd be interested to verify the veracity of that finding, it'd be huge.

May I ask whether or not you think, plain speculation wise, it would have been possible for Hitler to survive the fall of Berlin at all? Just in a playing with history alternative timeline sort of situation.

Excellent. :) I'll poke around for it sooner or later - I'd be interested to verify the veracity of that finding, it'd be huge.

May I ask whether or not you think, plain speculation wise, it would have been possible for Hitler to survive the fall of Berlin at all? Just in a playing with history alternative timeline sort of situation.

Well, yes, but he may have had a lot of trouble eating, and his face would have looked like a real mess, lol.

You know, without jaws and all that?

Well, yes, but he may have had a lot of trouble eating, and his face would have looked like a real mess, lol.

You know, without jaws and all that?

:rolleyes:

Feeding tubes, feeding tubes... Could've been Man in the Iron Mask part two? Or, well, the man with the iron face..

The jaw remains were compared with dental evidence given to the Americans by Hitler's American-trained dentist, Hugo Blaschke, who had been arrested in 1945. Blaschke, an SS general, had treated Hitler from 1934 until shortly before his death.

When his testimony was added to that of his assistant, Kate Hausermann, there was a great deal of material to check the jaw remains against, and they seemed to match. "Hitler had very bad teeth. He had periodontal disease. He had many reconstructions, some done before the time of Blaschke," said Prof Perrier.

There were no X-rays of Hitler's jaw available at the time, which could have helped to provide even better confirmation. Then, in 1972, archives in Washington released five X-rays of Hitler's head, taken on July 20, 1944. They revealed bridge work, periodontal (gum) disease and "very unusual dental work", said Prof Perrier. These matched Blaschke's evidence and the Russian autopsy.

Prof Perrier has now provided further evidence to link the remains in the bunker to footage of the Führer. He combed Swiss archives for newsreels of Hitler and produced computer-enhanced images of his teeth to compare with the autopsy, X-rays and Blaschke's report. Prof Perrier found clear-cut matches between the computer-enhanced footage of Hitler's teeth and the bunker remains.

http://www.fpp.co.uk/Hitler/docs/death/CorpseID2.html

The jaw remains were compared with dental evidence given to the Americans by Hitler's American-trained dentist, Hugo Blaschke, who had been arrested in 1945. Blaschke, an SS general, had treated Hitler from 1934 until shortly before his death.

When his testimony was added to that of his assistant, Kate Hausermann, there was a great deal of material to check the jaw remains against, and they seemed to match. "Hitler had very bad teeth. He had periodontal disease. He had many reconstructions, some done before the time of Blaschke," said Prof Perrier.

There were no X-rays of Hitler's jaw available at the time, which could have helped to provide even better confirmation. Then, in 1972, archives in Washington released five X-rays of Hitler's head, taken on July 20, 1944. They revealed bridge work, periodontal (gum) disease and "very unusual dental work", said Prof Perrier. These matched Blaschke's evidence and the Russian autopsy.

Prof Perrier has now provided further evidence to link the remains in the bunker to footage of the Führer. He combed Swiss archives for newsreels of Hitler and produced computer-enhanced images of his teeth to compare with the autopsy, X-rays and Blaschke's report. Prof Perrier found clear-cut matches between the computer-enhanced footage of Hitler's teeth and the bunker remains.

http://www.fpp.co.uk/Hitler/docs/death/CorpseID2.html

Fantastic! Thank you so much for that! :tu:

Maybe it was Hitler's double that had the bad teeth and it was the double who was sacrificed outside the Berlin Bunker. (Am sure old Adolf had a Donny-Osmond-like smile)

I'm probably the only person to feel this:

I hope he lived. I hope he saw all of his dreams dashed to pieces, his 'empire' collapse, his dream unfulfilled.

I hope he saw the Jews, Blacks and Romani move on to better things. I hope he was fully aware of his failures.

That alone would make his life a form of suffering. Just my two cents.

I'm probably the only person to feel this:

I hope he lived. I hope he saw all of his dreams dashed to pieces, his 'empire' collapse, his dream unfulfilled.

I hope he saw the Jews, Blacks and Romani move on to better things. I hope he was fully aware of his failures.

That alone would make his life a form of suffering. Just my two cents.

He didn't succeed, however people have tried to copy him and he would of liked that if he was alive.

I've seen the presentation and read some on this matter. I do not believe Herr Hitler survived the war. He was suffering from Parkinsons disease among other ailments. Considering this and the failure of his Reich, suicide was an appropriate remedy to his situation.

• Like 1

I've seen the presentation and read some on this matter. I do not believe Herr Hitler survived the war. He was suffering from Parkinsons disease among other ailments. Considering this and the failure of his Reich, suicide was an appropriate remedy to his situation.

Did you read JP O'Donnell's "The Berlin Bunker"?

http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/0099216809

Tis an excellent read.

"O'Donnell bribed the Soviet soldier guarding the entrance to Hitler's Berlin bunker becoming the first non-Soviet to examine it. He found and took numerous top secret Nazi documents. After using these documents and interviews with many of the last occupants of the Führerbunker in his later publications, he became an authority on the death of Adolf Hitler, and ultimately published his collected findings in his 1978 book, The Bunker."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_P._O'Donnell

Edited by Eldorado

In any case, even if he would have survived (highly unlikely) by now biology would have taken care of it.So it is just academic.

He didn't succeed, however people have tried to copy him and he would of liked that if he was alive.

And they failed as well. Imagine your dreams constantly being lifted only to be smashed. He may have liked it at first, but then it all "goes down the drain", so to speak.

I don't believe he survived, but I have been wrong many times in the past. What people, humans of many races, creeds and ways of life, had to go through because of him and the movement was sickening. Part of me would love to have made him live, part of me would love to have watched him go.

Though the whole "watch your dreams and world crumble" would have been a great punishment, I wonder if a mind as bent as his would see it the same way.

• 2 months later...

I got another speculation, that he escaped from German and lived in Indonesia.

He was a doctor in Sumbawa Island, East Indonesia.

In addition, he married with local woman.

He changed his name when he entered Indonesia. He was known as Dr. Poch.

This speculation came out because it was weird when a German Doctor came to Indonesia and lived in the East Indonesia (Indonesia was colonized by Netherlands)

here is the source

P.S : it's in Indonesian Language

Edited by nekoisneko

Then, there is this other theory /tale going around that Father Crespi of the golden library fame ,made famous by Con Von Daniken is Hitler himself.

Link

(in the link there is a video of Padre Crespi too)

Hitler did have many powerful and influential friends in Europe and America who would have been willing to save his rotten hide.

I've always wondered if supporting Hitler was the real reason King Edward had to step down. 2¢

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen many documentaries on this subject and whilst I am in the camp of he didn't survive it and died in Berlin there are a lot of very interesting things. Some of which have already been brough up here. I would like to add that when the Russians thought they had Hitlers remains ie the Jaw, they took it to his dentist who verified it was Hitlers jaw, just on sight. Now for a long time this made me call BS but then when you realise how strange the dental work was, then it becomes a lot clearer. Of course it could have been a look a like but I really doubt it.

Hitler: The Survial Myth by Donald M McKale is a well researched and reasoned book about this very subject. I would suggest ot as reading for anybody intersted in it.

If Hitler was this Father Crespi, then he died at a rather respectable 110ish. Not bad for a man who had Parkinson's disease (diagnosed before the rise of the duplicates btw).