Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cowboys and Sasquatch

Argon Swift

ONCE AGAIN.... Teddy Roosevelt did not have any kind of bigfoot experience or encounter.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• psyche101

• Neognosis

• Cryptid-Seeker

That's right. Teddy did not fight bigfoot. It was Smokey Bear that he wrestled with. Actually Smokey won and demanded that Yellowstone be set aside as the first national park. And we know it is true because Paul Bunyan was on hand as a witness.

That's a little much don't you think Sakari? That statement basically says you know where the entire legend started at, which would be hard, as it is hundreds of years old and crosses all continents.

Yes, good call.....I worded that wrong for sure.....

" In my opinion, there is 0 % chance that a " Bigfoot " population, or even one, exists at all. "

Yes, good call.....I worded that wrong for sure.....

" In my opinion, there is 0 % chance that a " Bigfoot " population, or even one, exists at all. "

HA HA HA. You're funny.

You know every time you say you don't believe in Bigfoot another one drops dead and dissolves into the acidic soil, leaving nothing behind.

There is this story of the Apemen of Mt St Helens... It is set in the 1920s, and features miners, but still has the Wild West feel to it.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/beck.htm

More like the WEIRD WEST. Weird West is used to describe a combination of the Western with another literary genre, usually horror, occult, or fantasy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weird_West

weirdwest.jpg

Referring to the claimants as miners makes them seem practical and down-to-earth. They were committed SPIRITUALISTS (note that the 1920s Spiritualism and séances (and the associated fakery recall those cheesy ectoplasmic ghost photos) were the all the rage).

ectoplasm.jpg

Fred Beck wrote a book about the alleged event in 1967, in which he argued that the creatures were mystical beings from another dimension, claiming that he had experienced psychic premonitions and visions his entire life of which the apemen were only one component.

http://agrephino.blogspot.com.au/2011_09_09_archive.html

Even if a Bigfoot was shot, would the Government allow it to be known that another species of potentially dangerous ape was roaming North American forests? I mean, there would be a huge panic about "Bigfoot threats to society", there would be Bigfoot hunting trips, and the Government wouldn't want us to worry.

Damn Gub'ment...

According to the latest DNA claims Bigfoot is human rather than an ape. Makes you wonder why the FBI aren't all over this...

Edited by Night Walker

HA HA HA. You're funny.

You know every time you say you don't believe in Bigfoot another one drops dead and dissolves into the acidic soil, leaving nothing behind.

If that is the case, how come I see so many healthy Possums?....Or former healthy road kill possums.

You know they would starve without them bones :)

Edited by Sakari

ectoplasm.jpg

Fred Beck wrote a book about the alleged event in 1967, in which he argued that the creatures were mystical beings from another dimension, claiming that he had experienced psychic premonitions and visions his entire life of which the apemen were only one component.

http://agrephino.blogspot.com.au/2011_09_09_archive.html

That is an awesome photo, it sure looks like Bigfoot is holding her left hand! :lol:

That damn psychic Sasquatch!

51FH91ZG09L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Even if a Bigfoot was shot, would the Government allow it to be known that another species of potentially dangerous ape was roaming North American forests? I mean, there would be a huge panic about "Bigfoot threats to society", there would be Bigfoot hunting trips, and the Government wouldn't want us to worry.

No, I do not see why there would be a huge panic at all to be honest.

I happened to be watching (Not) Finding Bigfoot last night, (LMAO) and prior to going to a commercial a bigfoot factoid says that Daniel Boone shot a bigfoot.

Here is an interesting read about that "fact"

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/si_zueffle97.htm

I did not know about this! Thanks mate.

That is an awesome photo, it sure looks like Bigfoot is holding her left hand! :lol:

:w00t: I didn't see that. :lol:

That damn psychic Sasquatch!

51FH91ZG09L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:tu:

No, I do not see why there would be a huge panic at all to be honest.

Contrary to that point, with the economy on the verge of a minor collapse, I think that the discovery of a new species would be an excellent distraction and would give politicians another non-issue to whip people up into a distractive frenzy.

"I think we should protect these majestic animals, vote for me and I'll save the rare sasquatch!"

"We need legislation to protect us from the looming sasquatch threat! elect me, and I'll institute a national "sasquatch threat level" color coded system, so you now when sasquatches are likely to attack your town..."

I merely meant that if they were dangerous, then there would be panics about attacks on livestock and even people. I hadn't really considered them not being dangerous, as I thought people would probably would try to make them out as dangerous so if hunters shot them, (which they probably would) they would have a good excuse. "It was eating my sheep!"

Edited by Cryptid-Seeker

I merely meant that if they were dangerous, then there would be panics about attacks on livestock and even people.

I'm going to run on a "Protect your sheep from Bigfoot" platform.

Well, maybe my opponent hucksterfoot doesn't think your sheep and livestock, and not to mention your children are WORTH protecting from bigfoots, but I do. I'll create a Department of Bigfoot Security to make sure that no child is ever again killed and eaten by a bigfoot!

--Of course, I'll need to hire Halliburton to serve as contractors in the fight against bigfoots, and they happen to be a large campaign contributor of mine, but that has NOTHING to do with the BPA. (Bigfoot Protection Act)

Contrary to that point, with the economy on the verge of a minor collapse, I think that the discovery of a new species would be an excellent distraction and would give politicians another non-issue to whip people up into a distractive frenzy.

"I think we should protect these majestic animals, vote for me and I'll save the rare sasquatch!"

"We need legislation to protect us from the looming sasquatch threat! elect me, and I'll institute a national "sasquatch threat level" color coded system, so you now when sasquatches are likely to attack your town..."

I was going to say that would people be stupid enough to believe that an animal that has coexisted beside them for thousands of years is suddenly a threat?

But I do not need to ask that question do I? Some people have put faith in Tom Biscardi haven't they? I think I just answered it for myself.

If they do exist, maybe they haven't been a threat because we haven't been a threat. I used to believe in Bigfoot, but after I joined UM I am not as sure. Even IF they do exist, I wouldn't think they would be dangerous.

Edited by Cryptid-Seeker

arent there tales of some kind of primate getting shot up in Vietnam? look it up I read it somewhere, not saying Im a bigfoot fanatic or anything it was just a read.

I have only heard of one sighting in Vietnam, and there was no shooting. There was a capture though. It took place at Ae Thi, Dak Lak, Vietnam in 1971. Two bigfoot-like creatures were caught and then shaved to make them seem more human. They were taken away by the South Koreans to thier base at Duc My. No-one knows what happened next. I took this information from Loren Coleman and Patrick Huyghe's "The field guide to Bigfoot and other mystery primates". Say if you want more info :tu:

I have only heard of one sighting in Vietnam, and there was no shooting. There was a capture though. It took place at Ae Thi, Dak Lak, Vietnam in 1971. Two bigfoot-like creatures were caught and then shaved to make them seem more human. They were taken away by the South Koreans to thier base at Duc My. No-one knows what happened next. I took this information from Loren Coleman and Patrick Huyghe's "The field guide to Bigfoot and other mystery primates". Say if you want more info :tu:

I wouldn't call "The field guide to Bigfoot and other mystery primates" a reliable source........:no:

Well, maybe my opponent hucksterfoot doesn't think your sheep and livestock, and not to mention your children are WORTH protecting from bigfoots, but I do. I'll create a Department of Bigfoot Security to make sure that no child is ever again killed and eaten by a bigfoot!

--Of course, I'll need to hire Halliburton to serve as contractors in the fight against bigfoots, and they happen to be a large campaign contributor of mine, but that has NOTHING to do with the BPA. (Bigfoot Protection Act)

You fail to tell citizens that your new Bigfoot department of gluttony would be putting their children at a higher risk of Bigfoot attacks; Too many funds will be reallocated to this war on Bigfoot ...and the children will be left riding slow moving mules to school.

Oh, and to add: I propose the more effective and cheaper Donut Airlift; that'll keep Bigfoots passive.

I actually read about it in a couple of books when I was younger, though more reliable than the internet, books could be wrong as well, and it wasnt the story you mentioned (I read that as well) but actual "sightings" by G.I.s that told of them being sighted sometimes alive and sometimes dead (from being caught up in firefights I guess) around Vietnam, though with the war going on and all they were usually left alone.