Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moon visitors are asked to tread lightly

Still Waters

California’s catalog of historic artifacts includes two pairs of boots, an American flag, empty food bags, a pair of tongs and more than a hundred other items left behind at a place called Tranquillity Base.

The history registry for New Mexico lists the same items.

That might be surprising, since Tranquillity Base is not in New Mexico or California but a quarter of a million miles away, in the spot where Neil A. Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin stepped onto the moon in 1969.

But for archaeologists and historians worried that the next generation of people visiting the moon might carelessly obliterate the site of one of humanity’s greatest accomplishments, these designations were important first steps toward raising awareness of the need to protect off-world artifacts.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mxcx

• Hazzard

• Lilly

• MID

Top Posters In This Topic

I seems to me that the Chinese intend to OWN the moon. They might set up military base there and hold the world to ransom. I do not trust the regime because they will not give Tibet back to the rightful owners.If so you can forget the Apollo sites.

Me thinks that they think that the chinese will go to the supposed american landing sites and discover nothing but dust and rock, then expose nasa and the american government to the rest of the world, lets hope so.

Hey angi, you should research the subject before accusing someone of being ignorant. In this case its actually the other way around.

They did go to the moon. Did they actually land on it and risk an accident on national television, and possibly risk the $40 billion loan that NASA applied for before doing so? Probably not.

yep, that's right, Moon exploration was possible in the 60s, but is now deemed totally unsafe, despite ALL advances in technology??? Hmmmm, All that "one giant leap" sheeeit was done in Arizona desert

They did go to the moon. Did they actually land on it and risk an accident on national television, and possibly risk the $40 billion loan that NASA applied for before doing so? Probably not.

So, they went to moon, came back, filmed in Arizona, and then broadcast "as live"? just to make sure of funding??

Interesting.............

You "no-moonies" really need to take that over to the conspiracy forum - Did we land on the moon thread.

A piece of friendly advice for you,... If you want people to take you seriously you need to come better armed than with just your opinions.

Edited by Hazzard

No, the production was done before hand. The pictures have all been scientifically analyzed, and have multiple light sources, and there should only be one, the sun. NASA didn't want to lose the funding, they had to show something, and they had to succeed. Tests and simulations did not go as planned, so Im betting they weren't too comfortable dropping astronauts on the lunar surface, live of all things. The info is out there, you just have to find the right sources. That group of people were mostly ex-nazi scientists, the ones who started NASA.

On another note, It is my opinion that if you havent done your due diligence on the subject, and spend your time disagreeing with the ones that due, you really have no right to an opinion on the subject.

Just like a day out on the beach,have you been there before the tide comes in when Humans have left ? Food Bags,Shoes,Broken Bottles,so they leave a mess wherever they go.Pollution everywhere even on the Moon.YUK...

Hazzard, thats exactly what Im doing, can you do the same? The only facts people on your end have is the "official story". Compared to the scientific data gathered over the years, you have a story and we have solid evidence. Try again.

The pictures have all been scientifically analyzed, and have multiple light sources, and there should only be one, the sun.

A yes, the old non-parallel shadows claim. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should take a look at this, and some of the other hoax believer "evidence". To make this easier, below is a table with links to the specific arguments.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Hazzard, there is much more than just a shadow claim, the info is out there. You should hunt this doc down, its the most informative that I have seen thus far. Secret Space - The Illuminati Conquest of Space 2008

Hazzard, there is much more than just a shadow claim, the info is out there. You should hunt this doc down, its the most informative that I have seen thus far. Secret Space - The Illuminati Conquest of Space 2008

Like I said, take it to the Did we land on the moon thread and lets see if your claims holds water. :)

Well, its not really worth the trouble, because everyone thinks differently, but the doc I recommended is extremely informative, and the subject is only a section, a pretext if you will.

Well, its not really worth the trouble, because everyone thinks differently, but the doc I recommended is extremely informative, and the subject is only a section, a pretext if you will.

Worth the "trouble"...?

Please take all discussion of the supposed "moon landing hoax" over to the thread Hazzard previously mentioned (in the Conspiracy forum). This thread is for discussion regarding the preservation of historical sites on the moon. Thank you.

Well, you make a short and sweet point with that comment Hazzard. I regretted what I said afterwards, because thats what a forum is, different minds. Touché.

Well Lilly, I would say these two discussions go hand in hand, one group of people want to protect a piece of land they landed on, one group of people think they never even landed, so why should it be protected? Each side is just as valid as the other.

Well, I would say the two discussions should be dealt with in the appropriate forums. Whether or not "each side is as valid as the other" hinges on the evidence presented. Moon landing hoax evidence should be presented in the Conspiracy forum. There's already a on going thread for debate on this subject over there.

link to moon hoax discussion thread

Edited by Lilly
addition

As you can see on my pic, i was the first person on the moon.

Edited by mushymopman

Hey Mushy, you believe they did not go to the moon,and the Earth is flat

The earth is flat, i have a map to prove it, and not only that the fault lines are just creases in the map.