Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moon visitors are asked to tread lightly

Still Waters

Nice. Its also full of people who make own mind up based on their own inhibitions and fears, and what they feel comfortable accepting, without researching a single thing. Its usually the ones who dont know a SINGLE thing about a subject who points fingers of doubt.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mxcx

• Hazzard

• Lilly

• MID

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not trust the regime because they will not give Tibet back to the rightful owners

i got news for you - tibetans are now a minority there (or if they aint, they will be within a few years)... therego, it is no longer 'their' territory.

Nice. Its also full of people who make own mind up based on their own inhibitions and fears, and what they feel comfortable accepting, without researching a single thing. Its usually the ones who dont know a SINGLE thing about a subject who points fingers of doubt.

There are also people out there that read only the woo woo sites, and eat every word of it.

:wacko:

i got news for you - tibetans are now a minority there (or if they aint, they will be within a few years)... therego, it is no longer 'their' territory.

And if the Chinese ever give back Tibet to the Tibetans, they will ask the USA to give back all of the states to the Native Americans.

Heh.

===

About preserving the Apollo landing sites: maybe they should build a dome over it to protect it from meteorite impacts??

Lol.

With a name like DBunker, Im not surprised by that statement. Sorry, but I am more than capable of finding good sources. Its that type of idea, and ppl that play the source game, which keeps information suppressed and the public none the wiser.

Sorry, but I am more than capable of finding good sources.

Im sure, as long as those "sources" agrees with your preconcieved notion. :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

All did we go to the moon aside I can see why they would say this. There are a lot of new private businesses that are planning space trips and with advancement in technology they may be doing trips up there regularly. Also china and Russia will be stomping around up there as well. So since it is a historic site I think I would have said the same thing.

Hey Mushy, you believe they did not go to the moon,and the Earth is flat

If the Chinese is willing to spent big money to prove or disprove that USA did went and landed on the moon, so be it!

And they are not asking money from you or your government!

If the Chinese is willing to spent big money to prove or disprove that USA did went and landed on the moon, so be it!

Most people/countries already know that 12 Americans walked on the moon. But, I wonder when the Chinese (if they eventyally get there) start showing the hard evidence that Apollo really took place,... What will be the response from the "no-moonies"?

.... But, I wonder when the Chinese (if they eventyally get there) start showing the hard evidence that Apollo really took place,... What will be the response from the "no-moonies"?

Simple, they'll say the Chinese are faking it too.

I seems to me that the Chinese intend to OWN the moon. They might set up military base there and hold the world to ransom. I do not trust the regime because they will not give Tibet back to the rightful owners.If so you can forget the Apollo sites.

So you also don't trust the British empire, Israel*, Croatia and Sweden, could go on forever. The question is how do you define the rightfull owner? There's always two sides to every story.

* - Edit

Edited by BFB

Simple, they'll say the Chinese are faking it too.

That would make even less sense than the first claim, but, you are probably right, Lilly.

Some people...:wacko:

So you also don't trust the British empire, Israel*, Croatia and Sweden, could go on forever. The question is how do you define the rightfull owner? There's always two sides to every story.

* - Edit

fIRST OF ALL, THERE'S NO CAPABILITY IN EXISTENCE FROM ANY COUNTRY TO SEND MEN TO THE MOON AND RETURN THEM TO EARTH. LIFT AND SOPHISTICATED SPACECRAFT TECHNOLOGIES ARE DECADES AWAY FOR ANY SPACE POWER BESIDES THE uNITED STATES (AND, IF PRESENT TRENDS CONTINUE, FOR THE uNITED sTYATES AS WELL, AS RIDICULOUS AN IDEA AS THAT IS TO CONTEMPLATE).

Some of the discussion of these other nations going to the Moon with ambitious plans amuses me in that none of it takes into account the complete requirements of such a mission, nor that no nation has ever come close to attaining a minority of those requirements.

Now, that being shouted once again from the rafters, I should also point that international space treaty prohibits any ownership of the Moon, or any celestial body.

Not only can no one own the Moon, including the United States, no one can use space for military purposes, and no other nation can get to the Moon with men to even contemplate such a thing.

fIRST OF ALL, THERE'S NO CAPABILITY IN EXISTENCE FROM ANY COUNTRY TO SEND MEN TO THE MOON AND RETURN THEM TO EARTH. LIFT AND SOPHISTICATED SPACECRAFT TECHNOLOGIES ARE DECADES AWAY FOR ANY SPACE POWER BESIDES THE uNITED STATES (AND, IF PRESENT TRENDS CONTINUE, FOR THE uNITED sTYATES AS WELL, AS RIDICULOUS AN IDEA AS THAT IS TO CONTEMPLATE).

Some of the discussion of these other nations going to the Moon with ambitious plans amuses me in that none of it takes into account the complete requirements of such a mission, nor that no nation has ever come close to attaining a minority of those requirements.

Now, that being shouted once again from the rafters, I should also point that international space treaty prohibits any ownership of the Moon, or any celestial body.

Not only can no one own the Moon, including the United States, no one can use space for military purposes, and no other nation can get to the Moon with men to even contemplate such a thing.

Mr T-Rex.

My comment wasn't addressing Moon landings by the countries i mentioned (look at the highlighted text in the quote) My post was regarding trusting China because of the Tibet situation.

:tu:

Mr T-Rex.

My comment wasn't addressing Moon landings by the countries i mentioned (look at the highlighted text in the quote) My post was regarding trusting China because of the Tibet situation.

My teeth aren't that sharp, BFB...

Ah, I see. Perhaps another thread was a better place to siscuss trusting China because of Tibet (?).

Speaking of lunar ownership doesn't seem to be related to trusting China because of "the Tibet situation".

:)

Most people/countries already know that 12 Americans walked on the moon. But, I wonder when the Chinese (if they eventyally get there) start showing the hard evidence that Apollo really took place,... What will be the response from the "no-moonies"?

Either the Chinese are in on it because of some big financial conspiracy - can't have our biggest debtor being embarrassed, yada yada yada - or they'll admit that we did send all of that stuff to the moon, but that it was all non-manned.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they should make Tranquility Base a Humanity's Heritage site to protect it for all time.

596px-Apollo_11_bootprint.jpg

637px-Apollo_11_plaque_closeup_on_Moon.jpg

The plaque reads:

Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon. July 20, 1969 AD. We came in peace for all mankind.

I think they should make Tranquility Base a Humanity's Heritage site to protect it for all time.

596px-Apollo_11_bootprint.jpg

637px-Apollo_11_plaque_closeup_on_Moon.jpg

The plaque reads:

Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon. July 20, 1969 AD. We came in peace for all mankind.

I do believe, Daveisback, that such an action will be the plan.

When we get back there, that site will be cordoned-off, and it shall never be trod upon, left preserved for eternity, as it was left on 20 July, 1969.

it is, and always shall be a sacred place.

A symbolic site representing the expansion of the consciousness of mankind...all men, not just American, but Chinese, Russions, Turks, Brits, Swedes....you name it.

We came in peace...FOR ALL MANKIND.

Just for the record, there is an entire section of the forums dedicated to this nonsense. If you wish to further fantasize on conspiracies with no base proof whatsoever, please keep it there. Clear of proper intelectual discussions. Just for the so called `cospiracy theorists` running around here derailing a proper discussion. There is an entire section for your so called ` theories` .

Edited by Edel

This topic has become a bit of a train wreck. Please let's keep to on topic posting only. Lilly has already asked people to do this. This is a second warning. Before we need to issue a third here is a little fact you might want to consider, it takes a moderator a lot less time and effort to remove a post than it does for you to write it.

If you wish to discuss the Apollo hoax theory then please fell free to do so in the conspiracies section.

If you wish to discuss China & Tibet please feel free to do so in the politics section.

If you wish to discuss the preservation of the Apollo landing sites as historical locations, BINGO!! You are in the right place.

Thank you.

To get this thread back on topic...

I have always envisaged a future where the Apollo landing sites will be huge tourist attractions. I suspect that if that comes to pass it will not be in my lifetime. However the sites absolutely will have to be protected. Nature will take æons to eradicate the astronauts footprints, careless human activity will do it in decades.

These sites are more important than just a part of U.S. history, these footprints belong to the world. If mankind leaves this planet and spreads amongst the stars then those footprints will represent a seminal moment in the evolutionary history of life in the universe. Those footprints will represent a moment on par with the first fish leaving the ocean on its way to becoming an amphibian.

In the millennia to come mankind will look far back into their history and remember that there was a time when the entire species was restricted to one small planet. It is my hope that they will be able to look at the preserved footprints on the moon and be able to know that this is where it all began to change.

To get this thread back on topic...

I have always envisaged a future where the Apollo landing sites will be huge tourist attractions. I suspect that if that comes to pass it will not be in my lifetime. However the sites absolutely will have to be protected. Nature will take æons to eradicate the astronauts footprints, careless human activity will do it in decades.

These sites are more important than just a part of U.S. history, these footprints belong to the world. If mankind leaves this planet and spreads amongst the stars then those footprints will represent a seminal moment in the evolutionary history of life in the universe. Those footprints will represent a moment on par with the first fish leaving the ocean on its way to becoming an amphibian.

In the millennia to come mankind will look far back into their history and remember that there was a time when the entire species was restricted to one small planet. It is my hope that they will be able to look at the preserved footprints on the moon and be able to know that this is where it all began to change.

Wow ! thats a lot of gravity there Waspie ! Good to see you postin again ! It is strange that I was in no way part of any missinformation or de-railment of this thread ! Must of been a record ?

But As for the threads content Its a really good question. We should as a unified people protect all the moons ,worlds anything off planet for the advancment of our kind.

You would think that today we would all see this. Its going to be a massive undertaking to get off this rock ,we better get it right the first time.

Good to see you again postin ! Keep it going ,And remember the Texas B.B.Q stills the Bomb @@justDONTEATUS :tu: