Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What movie disappointed you the most?

Penumbra

Have you ever been really excited for a movie to come out, to the point where you just can't wait to see it...

...and when you finally do see it, it turns out to be very disappointing/terrible/etc.?

For me, that movie was Splice (2009), which I haaaaated with a passion. It's a sci-fi flick about scientists 'splicing' together various animals into an intelligent creature. First few parts were entertaining, but ye gods, did the second half fail. F-A-I-L. Its message did a complete 180, and for laughable reasons. Rape, bestiality, and incest, all in one scene. Ugh. That whole movie was just awful, with its stereotypes and its lulzy science... I could go on.

What movie did you watch that disappointed you the most?

Avatar. I went in expecting eye-candy of the CGI variety. Got that. The twee plot and disengaging performances from everyone other then the villain of the piece ruined Walking with Aliens for me.

Edited by Wearer of Hats

That submarine movie with Sean Connery as the Russian sub commander. We live in a strange world, but when the ruskies start hiring heavily accented Scots to drive their subs, suspension of disbelief suffers.

Clerks 2.

The sequel to my favorite movie tried entirely too hard, and just did nothing for me.

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...they should have used the old pc game Fate of Atlantis as the movie plot..

That submarine movie with Sean Connery as the Russian sub commander. We live in a strange world, but when the ruskies start hiring heavily accented Scots to drive their subs, suspension of disbelief suffers.

So you're saying you didn't like The Hunt For Red October because of Connery's accent? Really?

The Fifth Element: I expected a serious and epic Sci-Fi movie and not a cheesy pop-comedy with an unbearably annoying Chris Tucker. :wacko:

Super 8.

Was just a pile of fancy looking suck juice.

(And to the OP, I thought Splice was really good, it had me feeling uncomfortable and disturbed during the build up to the 'intimate' bit.)

I agree with Wearer of Hats, I thought Avatar was one of the most predictable and worst movies I've seen. I haven't really seen a movie since then, so that's my only entry.

this life.... but then again the plot is tedious, the characters shallow and I can pretty much figure out how it's going end.

Then it's time for you to re-write the script!

Or hire a new director.

I watched 50/50 thinking it was going to be a comedy. Turned out to be a depressing drama with a few laughs in between. ._.

Insidious (sp?)

Heard great things about it, and while it was creepy and the storyline was interesting and different, it all felt a bit forced and not well paced. The 'monster' was a joke, too.

• Like 1

Super 8.

Was just a pile of fancy looking suck juice.

I thought it worked the best when you never really got to see what the monster thing looked like. It kept you thinking. But then they started showing up close shots of it and then it lost its mystery. And I hated the part where the monster thing held the boy up and got all emotional. Reminded me of King Kong holding up Jessica Lang and blowing her kisses.

But my list includes ALL of the Star Wars prequels. And the newest Planet of the Apes.

Watched the new Muppet movie yesterday. Very disappointing. They really dumbed down the jokes and made it into a real "kids"movie, and while Muppets have always been about kids, there was still plenty of adult stuff as well. The music numbers were entirely forgettable (with the nostalgic exception of the Rainbow Connection). The movie did seem to gain a little momentum as it went along but it couldn't make up for one of the flattest starts to a film I've seen in a long time.

Overall not something I would want to see again, unlike other Muppet films which remain some of my all time favourites.

The Fifth Element: I expected a serious and epic Sci-Fi movie and not a cheesy pop-comedy with an unbearably annoying Chris Tucker. :wacko:

Admittedly I watched this film with no preconceptions of what it was supposed to be, but I thought it was an awesome film. I still crack it out of the dvd cabinet every now and then to pick myself up :P

I agree with Wearer of Hats, I thought Avatar was one of the most predictable and worst movies I've seen. I haven't really seen a movie since then, so that's my only entry.

I agree that the plot was very predictable, but I didn't really go to watch it for the plot. Kind of like the second instalment of Pirates of the Caribbean, I really enjoyed that film because I disregarded the plot :)

But my list includes ALL of the Star Wars prequels. And the newest Planet of the Apes.

I didn't mind Revenge of the Sith (Vader's "noooo" notwithstanding). I hated the Mark Wahlberg Planet of the Apes, but I admit that I found the Rise of Planet of the Apes to actually be quite enjoyable (though I did watch it while travelling to the Philippines and in an 8 hour plane trip anything can feel entertaining after a while).

all the crow movies after the first one was big disappointment

how hard is it to find a long-haired character that knows how spread gloom all over the movie ?

and who doesn't look like 16 years old boy ..like in the last part !

rest in peace brandon lee

Titanic and Inception - both very predictable and therefore pointless :w00t: