Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What movie disappointed you the most?

Penumbra

Godzilla (1998).

The acting was DREADFUL. Oh my LORD.

I liked Godzilla....... The acting was OK..but the main thing about it was Godzilla.. and Besides Hank Azaria ( The Simpsons - Moe Szyslak, Cheif Wiggum & Apu ) He brought some delight to the movie Along side his Simpsons co-star - Harry Shearer as the greedy reporter ...I felt it gave the movie some kick

Jean Reno looked handsome, which kept me watching

One scene that I felt was well shot was the little man Joe, out fishing, his chums mock him and yell out... The only thing you will catch is a cold....just as they laugh at poor Joe... Up comes Godzilla.... Perfect scene

Here it is...Joe fishing lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Oh wow, Godzilla may have been a bit cheesy, but i really enjoyed it. :yes: :yes:

So much so, i bought the dvd and watch it again even now :) :)

In my opinion, it is good entertainment and much more entertaining than king kong :lol: :lol:

I was going to watch that, but now I think I wont bother... I figure this could be another movies, money all spent of big actors and special effects with no real story..So thanks for that.. I seriously do appreciate it..

No probs BM, you may feel differently if you watched it BUT you didn't think much of Nolan's Batman movies I noted (and I loved them) so inspite of the spectacular visual effects in Inception I'm pretty sure you would be bored too.

but my biggest dissappointment was Starship Troopers...

I am a huge fan of the original book written by Robert Heinlein... and I understand that often, what is written does not translate well to film... but this movie was a total piece of doggie doo

I never read the book (didn't even realise there was a book), but I loved the film. Would you like to know more?

I did not like the latest two Batman movies either... The only Batman movie I liked was the one with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson ..I feel Tim Burton brought more of a comic feel to that version of Batman...

I liked the Tim Burton Batman's, but I LOVED the latest two - particularly The Dark Knight. Best superhero film EVER. My opinion, of course :)

I never read the book (didn't even realise there was a book), but I loved the film. Would you like to know more?

I liked the Tim Burton Batman's, but I LOVED the latest two - particularly The Dark Knight. Best superhero film EVER. My opinion, of course :)

My main problem with Starship Trooprs is that the Director really wanted to make a 'Nazi' movie, but the studios weren't happy with the idea (most of his movies in the past had involved Nazi's)... They asked him to try his hand at sci-fi, so he decided to make a 'Nazi's in Space' movie... by taking the classic sci-fi book 'Starship Troopers' and changing them into 'space nazi's'...

In the movie the training staff were cruel and caused pain just for the sake of pain... but in the book that never happened... There were a lot of other changes from the book that did not set well with many who love the book...

One problem with converting this book to a movie is that most of the book is the 'inner dialog' of Johnny Rico as he develops from a civilian to a soldier and then grows into the role of an officer...

...I feel Jack Nicholson was fun to watch along side Michael Douglas as Batman lol * tongue in cheek*

Best Superhero movies for me is Superman..Batman...and for some reason I liked Iron man .. don't ask !!

I didn't like the one with Christian Bale ..But in saying that Heath Ledger was good ..shame he is gone

Edited by Beckys_Mom

For me its a tie between blade runner and 300. I know many people love them and theyre cult classics but I never liked them

The woman in black disgust.gif

Watch the BBC version if you can...i made my wife watch it when i heard a remake was coming....scared the hell out of her.

Edited by BrianPotter

"Inception" actually bought the movie and after 20mins gave up. What the......:no:

Watch the BBC version if you can...i made my wife watch it when i heard a remake was coming....scared the hell out of her.

I will look for it, thanks. :)

For me it was "Splice". I was so pumped to see this movie, and when I did I almost got up left the theater it sucked sooooo bad! But I figured I paid for my ticket so I'm going to sit here and watch every last horrible moment. :angry:

"Inception" actually bought the movie and after 20mins gave up. What the......:no:

Inception is actually at the top of my list in terms of the best movies I've ever watched.

Coming to think of it, I was just thinking how the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (movie) was actually quite bad. Much of the subtext of the book went missing, and even then I could see Douglas Adams at work. Then halfway through filming Adams died (RIP). And you can see exactly where he died because the movie takes this crazy twist where it actually introduces a plot. And then it just goes downhill from there. Not an entirely "bad" film, but I was definitely disappointed. But being a fan of the books, the radio series, the BBC television series, I was hard to please from the get-go.

Just thought I'd add that to the list :)

For me its a tie between blade runner and 300. I know many people love them and theyre cult classics but I never liked them

The original theatrical version of Blade Runner (with Harrison Fords Character's running mental dialog) was much better IMO than the 'Directors Cut' which took it out... But yeah it could have been better... not dissappointing to me, just not a 'best of' kind of movie...

Interesting note.. the Movie Blade Runner and the Kurt Russell Movie "Soldier" take place in the same 'Universe', though it was never really advertised as such....

The original movie "The 300 Spartans" was much better IMO than 300, though I enjoy both...

Edited by Taun

Interesting note.. the Movie Blade Runner and the Kurt Russell Movie "Soldier" take place in the same 'Universe', though it was never really advertised as such....

Explain, please. :unsure2:

Coming to think of it, I was just thinking how the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (movie) was actually quite bad. Much of the subtext of the book went missing, and even then I could see Douglas Adams at work. Then halfway through filming Adams died (RIP). And you can see exactly where he died because the movie takes this crazy twist where it actually introduces a plot. And then it just goes downhill from there. Not an entirely "bad" film, but I was definitely disappointed. But being a fan of the books, the radio series, the BBC television series, I was hard to please from the get-go.

Just thought I'd add that to the list :)

I was under the impression that he wrote the entire script, or at least was involved all through the screen play. The movie wasn't intended to be any kind of adaption of the books, just as the books weren't a direct adaptation of the radio series. And saying he died half-way through filming wouldn't have a huge impact on the plot, anyways, as films aren't made scene by scene as you see in the movie - they jump all over, filming the beginning and the end after one another, starting in the middle, etc.

I'm a fan of the radio series (more than the book, actually) and I loved the film.

For me it would have to be Dragonball: Evolution

I grew up watching Dragonball and after I heard that they were planning on making a live movie version I was pretty stoked.

A few years later I sat down to watch it and I cringed the whole way through. The story was completely changed, FOX had basically decided that making a movie for the fans of the original series wouldn't bring in enough profit, so took a risk (that didn't pay off by the way) to market it to a wider audience.

What Dragonball essentially was (brief description about the main character):

The main character (Goku) was found in the mountains as a baby by a Kind old man named Gohan, who taught him martial arts and raised him to be a kind good hearted boy.

What the movie basically turned it into:

The main character Goku is a high school student, living in the mountains with his grampa, Gohan. he is a misfit and has a crush on a girl called Chi Chi.

I could go on about more changes but I think you get the gist here.

Shows a lot of its down to tastes, there are lots of movies on the list that I actually liked, such as Fifth Element and Green Hornet.

But for me its, Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace...... George Lucas' ego got in the way and he surrounded himself with yes men who didn't question in descisions they way they did in the original series. For all his wealth, he should have been able to hire the best script doctors and actors in the world; there was no excuse for how bad that movie was - and whats worse, he didn't learn his lession and just continued it for the next two. In you ignore Anikan Skywalker, at least Number 3 is passible.

The ultimate joke is that the over arching story Lucas had of the Emperor's rise to power is really good. Its the delivery of that story which is epic fail.

Oh, and Green Lantern - I love the comics, but that movie was a borefest. Warning signs were there when the director said he wanted to make 'the hamlet of super hero movies'. News flash! Super Hero movies are ACTION nor DRAMA! I want to see Hal Jordan intergalactic law enforcer, not 2 hours of Hal Jordan torn over whether he has the right to take on the role, with 5 mins of action at either end.

Edited by Talon

• 4 weeks later...

Fright Night

2011 After the original FN, i thought it might not just be "Another rubbish remake."

I was wrong. :|

Edited by danbell06

In my opinion "Tinker,Taylor Soldier Spy,was the worst Ive seen in years,but if you want a good one see "A Lonely Place to Die" all action,very good.

The Rite,I knew green hornet would suck.(Theyre doing a remake of The Crow that needs to be nuked now...ugh.)

All those car movies

....tokyo drift,that stuff.Awful crap. Most everything hollyweed churns out now,is rehash suckage .

I like stuff with actors I like,usually.

Jason Statham,Clive Owen,most Johnny Depp.

I watch a lot of Chinese and Japanese movies.Much more original,and entertaining.

Edited by missymoo999

I watched 50/50 thinking it was going to be a comedy. Turned out to be a depressing drama with a few laughs in between. ._.

I totally agree on this one, I was left thinking wtf?? Really? I shouldn't have watched that.

Requiem for a Dream.

Not because of any expectations and it was a good movie. I just felt like crap after watching it. I felt so bad for the characters. Just this ugly feeling inside.

I ditto this too. I didn't really know what it was but I watched it, I regret it to this day. It's disturbing on so many levels.

Oh wow, Godzilla may have been a bit cheesy, but i really enjoyed it. :yes: :yes:

So much so, i bought the dvd and watch it again even now :) :)

In my opinion, it is good entertainment and much more entertaining than king kong :lol: :lol:

I own this movie too, I really like it. Maybe because it brings back memories but I pop it in the dvd player every now and then when I'm going to sleep.

Another movie that was a total let down for me was The Rite, I expected so much more because of Anthony Hopkins.

For me it would have to be Dragonball: Evolution

I grew up watching Dragonball and after I heard that they were planning on making a live movie version I was pretty stoked.

A few years later I sat down to watch it and I cringed the whole way through. The story was completely changed, FOX had basically decided that making a movie for the fans of the original series wouldn't bring in enough profit, so took a risk (that didn't pay off by the way) to market it to a wider audience.

What Dragonball essentially was (brief description about the main character):

The main character (Goku) was found in the mountains as a baby by a Kind old man named Gohan, who taught him martial arts and raised him to be a kind good hearted boy.

What the movie basically turned it into:

The main character Goku is a high school student, living in the mountains with his grampa, Gohan. he is a misfit and has a crush on a girl called Chi Chi.

I could go on about more changes but I think you get the gist here.

Wasn't Gohan Goku's son and Master Roshi who taught Goku?