Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The First Sign

ohio traveler

Honestly I hope for that whole theory that we will all reach a higher conciousness and learn to love one another unconditionally. A life of love and adventure is a life I'd give anything for. It's my dream. But nothing will probally happen and if the end of the world were to happen then I guess all this paranoia and BS will be for naught. I just hope something good happens is that to much to ask for?

Umm... what? :mellow:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karmakazi

• and-then

• Amalthe

• Paracelse

Honestly I hope for that whole theory that we will all reach a higher conciousness and learn to love one another unconditionally. A life of love and adventure is a life I'd give anything for. It's my dream. But nothing will probally happen and if the end of the world were to happen then I guess all this paranoia and BS will be for naught. I just hope something good happens is that to much to ask for?

God I hope not. Apart from the fact that the idea of "higher conciousness" doesn't make much sense, human beings do love others unconditionally. And if you're talking about everyone having to love everyone else unconditionally, well that just sounds like spiritual fascism.

By the end of this year, there will be war in europe. Facing huge economical meltdown in US, NATO will start to dissolve, releasing protection from its members. Armies from the east will steamroll through europe, and wil be stopped by last ditch resort, release of chemical weapon that will cover the Europe into few days of darkness. Good proportion of population will be eliminated, before events from the End of Days might unravel.

For some it will be the Dawning of the New Age. For others, beginning of reign of the Unholy one.

Edited by Amalthe

By the end of this year, there will be war in europe. Facing huge economical meltdown in US, NATO will start to dissolve, releasing protection from its members. Armies from the east will steamroll through europe, and wil be stopped by last ditch resort, release of chemical weapon that will cover the Europe into few days of darkness. Good proportion of population will be eliminated, before events from the End of Days might unravel.

For some it will be the Dawning of the New Age. For others, beginning of reign of the Unholy one.

Nice fiction book you have started there. The end of the year will be people pushing others aside to buy Christmas presents and of course New Year's libations. For those who may believe what you have written, it will be another disappointment when none of it happens, followed by filing your predictions in the round file with Harold Camping's.

But for the majority, its pure fiction.

By the end of this year, there will be war in europe.

Really?! Can your crystal ball also predict which nations would be at war?!

wacko.gif

Facing huge economical meltdown in US

The US economy actually looks like it is on the way up.

NATO will start to dissolve, releasing protection from its members.

You know, NATO just doesn't dissolve. In fact, in the time of crises it tend to get stronger.

Armies from the east will steamroll through europe, and wil be stopped by last ditch resort,

What?! What armies would that be? You do know that the Warsaw Pact doesn't exist anymore, right?! And you are aware that the Russian army is not in a state to mount an offensive like that anymore as well, right?! Or maybe you don't rolleyes.gif

release of chemical weapon that will cover the Europe into few days of darkness.

Good grief. You don't have a clue about NBC warfare, do you?! Never mind, that question was rhetorical.

Good proportion of population will be eliminated, before events from the End of Days might unravel.

Riiiight rolleyes.gif

Maybe you should get out of the 1980's and actually open your eyes to the times you are in now. Educate yourself and get out of your imaginary world, eh...

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

There is absolutely no logical or scientific evidence to support claims i have made. I just have a gut feeling that was strong enough to make me post those few sentences. I never had visions of any kind, nor i entertain myself with future telling, actually I would like to continue my life as it is, without thought of war or calamities, to make plans for my family and me, but that sense just keeps telling me to get prepared. I really can't say anything more to the subject, i hope i am wrong.

There is absolutely no logical or scientific evidence to support claims i have made. I just have a gut feeling that was strong enough to make me post those few sentences. I never had visions of any kind, nor i entertain myself with future telling, actually I would like to continue my life as it is, without thought of war or calamities, to make plans for my family and me, but that sense just keeps telling me to get prepared. I really can't say anything more to the subject, i hope i am wrong.

The reason many have these feelings and dreams is because we are being bombarded by the 2012 hype.

Read Matthew Chapter 24 perhaps. From my studies of the bible and Native American prophecy there is going to be WWIII. It will be cut short so a small remnant of humans survive. Daniel 9: 26 ...And the end of it will be by flood (Over run by a flood of armies). And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations.

There are some interesting YouTube videos from Hopi Elders talking about the coming of the fifth era/Golden Age and events leading up to. Like a woman giving birth it is going to be a very painful transition but the baby is worth it. Having read up on the Hopi prophecies there is the strong possibility a few nukes may go off. Then the ancient star ancestors will intervene. This is also agreed upon by some Buddhist Monks.

Also to make sure stubborn tunnel visioned humans realise there is occurring a divine intervention the sun and moon will be darkened (literally) at a time no eclipse of the moon is expected. And all people on earth will hear the voice of god or ‘gods’ whatever, to really bring home the fact. And the ‘return’ of Christ and his brothers will be seen with the naked eye of all humans. Interestingly the Native Americans acknowledge a Son of God and that he is coming back to put an end to the Great War or no human would survive. King of South vanquished by King of North who will then be vanquished by Christ, apparently. I did have a Indian prophecy talking about this also but my old computer died taking with it the file and now can not find it on the internet. Something about three dragons (white, red and a black one if memory serves me right) and a woman with a white feather I think. All I get now if I google is endless pages of info on war games involving dragons and women.

A little late, but here ya go. Maybe not dragons - uses serpents instead - but the prophecy is the same.

Deganawida

I hate it when I butterfinger my files too. :geek:

It's probably going to be just like 2000. People were SURE the world was going to end and life went on. That happened in 2005 too, because that's when the original claims said the Mayan calendar ended. Then when nothing happened they said the alignment of our calendar and the Mayan calendar could be so far off that it could be anywhere from 2005 to 2012... well and you know the rest. When nothing happens in December, there'll be people saying "It's a long slow change but no something TOTALLY happened on the 21st but it's going to take a long time to look back and realize what happened that day". Then a year or more down the road they'll start making new predictions and talking about the next big date. It's been happening my whole life and I'm sure it will continue long after I've died.

But any disaster can happen at any time. Our long history of various earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, blizards, volcanoes and tsunami's prove that. It's a natural part of the ecosystem for these things to happen and it's good to have a basic plan for anything that could come up. Have a general survival kit (there are awesome thorough lists on the web) and established meeting place for your family.

Edited by karmakazi

It's probably going to be just like 2000. People were SURE the world was going to end and life went on. That happened in 2005 too, because that's when the original claims said the Mayan calendar ended. Then when nothing happened they said the alignment of our calendar and the Mayan calendar could be so far off that it could be anywhere from 2005 to 2012... well and you know the rest.

Well difference between 2000 and 2012 is that the civilization that we live in today shows clear signs of distubance. Year 2000 was only about the stupid computer glitch that might or might not happen. There were never talks in 2000 about deep economical and political crisis in EU. There wasn't problem with debt od the US government, nor hundreds of trillion dollars created out of blank paper for the bailout of the economy. There wasn't confrontation between the civilized world and Iran, which, unlike Iraq which was led by single madman and his family, has pretty crazy government on several levels but unfortunately also weapons to defend and retaliate if attacked.

Problem with the world today is that entire system depends on faith of people that tomorrow will be better, and that life will continue as normal. But faith is so easily crushed these days, and if people stop believing in that picture, civilization can easily turn into turmoil. Events from riots in UK where ordinary citizens turned to anarchy and pillaging when critical mass of people became angry is clearly showing me that humans as specie hasn't evolved mentally much from the dark ages, and that if the opportunity arises, they will turn against civilized laws and moral towards dark side and sense of selfpreservation.

I really dont think the world will end in 2012, humans are more less adaptible specie, and life will continue, but the civilization that we live in now will change drastically.

The events we're currently experiencing are unique, but that can be said of any year in history. In 2000 we were at the peak of the dotcom bubble so of course financially we were riding high, but there were events in 2000 that if they were happening this year, people would point to as "evidence" of 2012 being the end of... something.

For example:

January 18 – The Tagish Lake meteorite impacts the Earth.

January 24 – God's Army, a Karen militia group led by twins Johnny and Luther Htoo, takes 700 hostages at a Thai hospital near the Burmese border.

February 9 – Torrential rains in Africa lead to the worst flooding in Mozambique in 50 years, which lasts until March and kills 800 people.

March 21

Pope John Paul II begins the first official visit by a Roman Catholic pontiff to Israel.

May 3

A rare conjunction of 7 celestial bodies (Sun, Moon, planets Mercury–Saturn) occurs during the New Moon.

May 4

An earthquake hits Banggai, Indonesia, leaving 54 dead.

June 4 – An earthquake hits Bengkulu, Indonesia, leaving 94 dead.

July 14 – A powerful solar flare, later named the Bastille Day event, causes a geomagnetic storm on Earth.

September 7–September 14 – The UK fuel protests take place, with refineries blockaded, and supply to the country's network of petrol stations halted.

September 26

The Greek ferry Express Samina sinks off the coast of the island of Paros; 80 out of a total of over 500 passengers perish in one of Greece's worst sea disasters.

September 26 Anti-globalization protests in Prague (some 15,000 protesters) turn violent during the IMF and World Bank summits.

September 28 – Israeli opposition leader Ariel Sharon visits the Temple Mount, protected by a several-hundred-strong Israeli police force. Palestinian riots erupt, leading to a full-fledged armed uprising (called the Al-Aqsa Intifada by sympathizers and the Oslo War by opponents).

October 11 – 250 million US gallons (950,000 m3) of coal sludge spill in Martin County, Kentucky (considered a greater environmental disaster than the Exxon Valdez oil spill).

October 21 – Fifteen Arab leaders convene in Cairo, Egypt, for their first summit in 4 years; the Libyan delegation walks out, angry over signs the summit will stop short of calling for breaking ties with Israel.

November 17

A catastrophic landslide in Log pod Mangartom, Slovenia, kills 7, and causes millions of SIT of damage. It is one of the worst catastrophes in Slovenia in the past 100 years.

December 24 – Christmas Eve 2000 Indonesia bombings: 18 people are killed in multiple Islamist bomb attacks on churches across Indonesia.

Also there's this link, describing prior world-end predicitions as far back as 1806 Failed World End Predictions

I'm not saying 2012 can't be significant, but I do think that people shouldn't look to a specific date and wait for it to get here for things to change. Instead of waiting for someone else or some massive event to change things for us, we need to make those changes happen ourselves, within ourselves. Looking to a future date takes the responsibility of change off of US, so that we can keep on doing what we want to do.

Whether it be 2012, the apocalypse, or the end of time, is there predicted to be one certain definite event that is supposed to occur first to get the ball rolling ?

Biblical, Mayan, Ancient prophecy, Nostradamus, etc

Just one specific event that is supposed to occur first ?

* edit for spelling error

I don't know about a first sign and I really don't think the world is going to end...and I know you aren't going to find any dates in the bible because no one but God knows when that will happen...BUT I find it really odd and a huge coencidence that the webot, the maya, the chinese, and the hopi all have predicted 2012 as a year of big change....and a big change would have to come from a big disaster or something to that affect happening.....nothing short of that would make millions of people change!!!!!!! I personally am hoping for aliens....and thousands of people would be proven right!!!!! There just can't be that many sightings and they all be not true!! Last year was certainly a freaky year coming into 2012...and I do think there might be an earthquake or two predicted in all the predictions for the coming year...seems to be a lot of variables that point in that direction and fema sure has been busy stockpiling for something!! It is a shame we need an out and out horrendous situation to remind people of what's really important but I fear that is what it is gonna take! :unsure2: So I guess it wouldn't hurt for us to do a bit of stockpiling ourselves....just in case!!!

Edited by harleyblueswoman

Am I the only one who gets depressed about these predictions about the end of the world, the aliens that are on their way here or are already here? The earthquakes that will destroy civilization as we know it? But mostly about the lack of logic or critical thinking.

An election of an honest politician?

XD i love you. if that's true i don't think the wolrld will EVER come to an end LOL.

i don't know about the others but the bible i believe says the first sign will be the temple being rebuilt.

but the way i look at it, for the temple to be rebuilt, the mosque must be brought down first and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere...

Beany: i don't, because i don't believe them. how many times has it been predicted and not happened before? i think all the people who believe these are ones who have some personal issues that have nothing to do with the actual idea of the end. it takes a special kind of person to kill ones family and then self because they believe aliens will enslave them. why get depressed about things that happen every day on a smaller scale?

Am I the only one who gets depressed about these predictions about the end of the world, the aliens that are on their way here or are already here? The earthquakes that will destroy civilization as we know it? But mostly about the lack of logic or critical thinking.

Depressed, it's the only thing that really interest me anymore. I hope the aliens do come though, and I hope for a peaceful first contact. But sadly we would probably shoot first and ruin everything.

The good news is that the world doesn't end. It's just the current "age" of the world that comes to a close. Think of it as a really bad play that the curtain comes down on. Yes, there is to be much death and chaos but there will be many survivors and they will all be stronger and ready for a change! I believe in the God of the bible and I believe that the coming new age will be glorious beyond our understanding.

• 3 weeks later...

Ending the world with war is saddening. Mother nature will always come back from the brink, healing over time (a lot of it) but to set evolution back billions of years.. :/

• 3 weeks later...

Whether it be 2012, the apocalypse, or the end of time, is there predicted to be one certain definite event that is supposed to occur first to get the ball rolling ?

Biblical, Mayan, Ancient prophecy, Nostradamus, etc

Just one specific event that is supposed to occur first ?

* edit for spelling error

A massive earthquake so I hear.

There are Vatican prophecies.

I want to say when i heard them,it was said,only 2 popes would be in the Vatican, before the end of the world.

This was John Paul was in place,which means after this pope,one more,and we go boom.

There was also a nostradamus prophecy about all the European countries merging,which would be the be the beginning of the end,and this has been interpreted as the introduction of the Euro.

There are Vatican prophecies.

I want to say when i heard them,it was said,only 2 popes would be in the Vatican, before the end of the world.

This was John Paul was in place,which means after this pope,one more,and we go boom.

There was also a nostradamus prophecy about all the European countries merging,which would be the be the beginning of the end,and this has been interpreted as the introduction of the Euro.

which Nastrodamus prediction was that?

which Nastrodamus prediction was that?

I am not sure.I dont know them all by quatrain number.

It has something to do with "all European countries merging",which was interpreted as the euro coming into being.Read it a long time ago .