Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the ghost of Princess Diana?

Karlis

Video given to paranormal writer Michael Cohen appears to show a ghostly image resembling Princess Diana, but is it just an optical illusion?

Is this the ghost of Princess Diana or an optical illusion?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skinwalkers Haunted Woods 2005

• xCrimsonx

• Keel M.

• nyuk

I'd like to know what picture is actually on the stained glass before I start drawing conclusions. Very ineresting though.

Well, I say it's quite convenient that none of the stories anywhere mention exactly which church in Glasgow the video footage was taken in so you can't do what Device suggests. There's no proof of the stained glass being from a church in Glasgow, for that matter.

I very much doubt that this is Princess Di - she loathed Scotland!

I don't believe it is either, but when you watch the video there is a likeness. So I can see why some would think it could be her.

i want to see the window in another pic or video so i can see what it looks like without the strange lighting.

as for whether this is princess diana...lol

if you take what appears to be a tiara off what appears to be a head, there would be no reference to princess diana.

why do people insist that they see images of dead people on inanimate things?

It was really an out of focus video. I guess it was just a Saint that happened to look somewhat like the Princess.

Just looks like the kind of image you normal get on stained glass windows in churches.

Just looks like the kind of image you normally get on stained glass windows in churches.

I do believe there are ghosts but I'm not convinced nor do I reject it. Need more information.

I have been doing a little looking on Google and I believe the church is Govan Old Parish Church.

This is a photo of the main windows:

church.jpg

This is a close up of the middle window and the same image superimposed over the alleged ghostly window set to 60% opacity:

window.jpg

merge.jpg

With the superimposed image you can see that the alleged ghostly face matches pretty closely both the height and width of the angel. Also, the eye area seen in the OP closely corresponds to the area between the bottom of the banner held by the angel and what appears to be a fold in its robe.

Looking at the original close up for a while a vague face does start to appear around the area of the banner and the angels robe.

As some form of vague face is visible on a different image of the same window, I would put the alleged ghostly face down to a combination of a trick of the light and pareidolia.

This all took way longer than I expected due to stupid computer having a trantrum and why the pictures have my cursor floating about like a loon on them. <_<

Edited by grendals_bane

It's interesting but there is a practical explanation.

Besides which, why would Di be floating around a church in Glasgow?

Soooooo... does anyone have a an actual photo of this image? Is that stained glass image really looking a lot like her in real life? Has there been any follow-ups to this video? It does look a bit like her...but a random church in a stained glass window?!

Thank you Grendals for digging up a name and some photos of the stained glass windows... It sure does look like it's Govan Church in the OP vid.

Found a youtube vid from 2009 of those windows...

i want to see the window in another pic or video so i can see what it looks like without the strange lighting.

as for whether this is princess diana...lol

if you take what appears to be a tiara off what appears to be a head, there would be no reference to princess diana.

why do people insist that they see images of dead people on inanimate things?

I once saw spongebob on a flour tortilla. Don't knock it til you try it. The famous and dead are EVERYWHERE....ooooooohhh spooooky lol

Fact:- Diana is DEAD,so why dont people leave her to rest in peace,instead of trying to resurrect her every couple of months..The image looks nothing like Diana in my opinion,but maybe these people just wanted to get noticed.

Looks more like Cinderella to me. But she didn't die, just lived happily ever after.

She loved the lime light and did a lot of good for causes etc, but she loathed her position as Charles wife, so why would she show herself with a crown, that's not what she was about before she died! If she's going to appear I dare say she'll prolly save her presence for the birth of her first grandchild.,. That to me actually makes sence.Prolly a Saint! 0:)