Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Noises heard all over the world

ploppy

Has anyone heard about the recent weird noises eminating around the world this past week? I'm just reading up on some now. It could all be some hoax/viral thing, but there's quite a few recordings from different parts of the world. Just weird I haven't heard about this from anyone else.

Strange Noise Videos

Huffington Post posted:

The first video, posted on Jan. 12, reportedly recorded strange sounds in a forest in Conklin, Alta., a remote community northeast of Edmonton. The unidentified noise – which sounds like it came straight from the soundtrack of a horror movie – has racked up more than 500,000 views and dozens of comments, many of which question its authenticity.

Another video surfaced just a few days later on Jan. 15, with similar sounds apparently recorded in The Pas, Manitoba, more than 1,000 kilometres away. WATCH BELOW.

Coincidence? We may need Mulder and Scully to investigate.

“Sounds like a good start to a death metal song...” said one user about the first video.

“Aliens obviously,” another viewer wrote.

“Sounds like hell opening up,” one user claimed.

A more skeptical viewer wrote, “This video is soooooooo fake people, they are just trying to get some hits on you tube! (sic).”

Some have suggested it's the sound of a sasquatch-like creature. Back in October, a group of researchers claimed they were "95 per cent" certain that a Yeti was living in Siberia. However the Yeti evidence was later debunked when one of the scientists who partook in the study told The Huffington Post that the Yeti scenario was likely staged.

We think the howling sounds a lot like the dragons in Skyrim.

Several videos featuring unidentified sounds have been posted in the last couple of months. A user in Denmark posted one on Jan. 10, which has already been viewed by 60,000 people. Another person in Sweden claimed to have been woken up by what sounds like a train (even though the user allegedly doesn’t live near any tracks).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• docyabut2

• Von Bismarck

• jesspy

Indeed I have! Personally I haven't heard the sounds, but I have friends who have. There is also a youtube vid from my city as well where you can clearly hear the sound. I have no idea what it could be... but very curious to find out!

I for one believe what they heard. I live in LA. and I've been hearing strange noises since Jan 12. I kid you not. The noises usually start around night time for me. And I am not the only one who hears them. Also, besides the noises, but I notice the sky in the day and night as well as seeing the sky changing from dark to light in a matter of seconds. A couple of days ago, my mother was heading out to go walking and she had to turn around. She saw the sun on one side of the road and darkness and lightning on the other side of the road. The weather for us went from cold-calm to raging-dark-lightning-thunder storm and switched to bright sunshine and hot weather in under 3 minutes. This is due to the Earth shift. It's expectant. Though, many would be startled and confused.

I've read that the earth naturally produces sounds and this articles explains how.

My link

Edited by Goodnite

My heart is now heavy within me and i am sad. I heard that strange sound too. Not by nerves of my ears , material sound. No this is gods voice ,speaking to me ,and listened carefully . No I don't care for it , because my soul and heart sunk in heaviness of my heart ,anxiety ,illness and infirmity.

This video is one of several recorded in parts of Canada where bizarre howling noises were heard earlier this month. The first video, posted Jan. 13, features growling noises recorded in a forest in Conklin, Alberta. Other videos have cropped up since then that capture similar noises in different Canadian forests.

Some say the howls could be from a Yeti or Sasquatch-like animal. Both are large, bipedal creatures thought to resemble apes which some people believe to exist in large forested areas. While the beasts have never been seen, believers have long tried to prove their existence, and the videos recorded in Canada have garnered a lot of attention. Last year, a team of Russian scientists said they were very sure evidence of a Yeti was uncovered. However, that theory was later debunked. Skeptics say these video are just another hoax to get more Youtube hits.

One sounds like forest gun shots. Another sounded like some kind of factory noises. Machinery. Another, airplane with cloud cover. Thinking there's a perfectly good explanation for all. :tu:

If these sounds were indeed real, you would think whole towns of people would be hearing them and saying so. For example the one in Kiev, Russia, I think, shows 3 young women walking seemingly oblivious to the sound eminating from somewhere off in the distance. Well I guess I'll keep an ear out whenever I'm outside, just in case.

Gee Paul, I wish those demons would stop howling, its making it hard for me to select which tree I wan't as my Christmas tree. lol

I'd be like... I'm done. Bye. :blink:

Actually, it sounds the same every time. Almost.... mechanical somehow. :mellow:

You are right. It does sound mechanical.

Looking at this from a logical point of view :-

There are a number of different frequencies included in each sound recording, from low to high frequencies. I know that natural sounds such as somebody speaking even, contains many frequencies but they are not normally as pronounced as these. It would be interesting to see these sounds on an oscilloscope. I dont think it is a natural sound. Also, from the video it looks like a very calm day, therefore any sound made could travel great distances with echo effects added due to what looks like mountainous terrain.

This is either viral marketing or just plain hoaxing. Though they are some cool sounding..uhh.. sounds, I don't think there is anything here to be concerned about. Except, perhaps, whatever crappy movies this may be promoting.

You are right. It does sound mechanical.

Looking at this from a logical point of view :-

There are a number of different frequencies included in each sound recording, from low to high frequencies. I know that natural sounds such as somebody speaking even, contains many frequencies but they are not normally as pronounced as these. It would be interesting to see these sounds on an oscilloscope. I dont think it is a natural sound. Also, from the video it looks like a very calm day, therefore any sound made could travel great distances with echo effects added due to what looks like mountainous terrain.

This is a poor example but... cars passing the same corner of a road... same sound over and over... traveling. * shrugs *

Pretty much the same topic here on the forum: My link

These sounds are supposed popping up all over the world. I'm calling hoax or viral marketing, because if this were really happened all over the world there might be some evidence, like news stories, or, I dunno, maybe more than one or 2 witnesses in every video?

Pretty much the same topic here on the forum: My link

These sounds are supposed popping up all over the world. I'm calling hoax or viral marketing, because if this were really happened all over the world there might be some evidence, like news stories, or, I dunno, maybe more than one or 2 witnesses in every video?

Listened to them and posted MO on it. Those were my conclusions and I'm stickin' to em!

Listened to them and posted MO on it. Those were my conclusions and I'm stickin' to em!
Yeah. Not to mention that most of those videos were supposedly recorded 5 to 6 months ago and conveniently were all uploaded around the same time to youtube and the convenient website that has also just sprung up. My link

There are also a bunch of plausible explanations here: My link

That sound is strikingly similar to one that I heard in a game recently as well.

You can hear the siren-horn sound at 30 seconds in the video and again more clearly at around 1:30. Sounds pretty close to me.

A LOT of people also ask how or where to get a copy of the siren-horn sound heard in the video in comments and various forums.

Edit: Upon listen to the clip from the OP there are differences in to two sounds. However, the sound from the game clip does match pretty close with several of the other videos.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

And that's why people need guns...just sayin'

ok, with these strange sounds have been reported all over the world, a show i have seen (fact or faked) also had a encounter like this while searching for yeti...... this sound to me has also been in many games battlefield 2, metal gear solid 2-3-4 ........ could this be weapons testing of a mechanical kind, you see and hear so many films about someone wants power over the world and creates a super mechanical weapon....

i have read a study before that tells us when we watch a film or game of this sort our brain instantly places it in one of 2 sections ...... real or far fetched, seriously the people that think up some of these things must of either seen , heard or experienced something similar or have a great imagination....

weapons are created every day and scientist work up new weapons every day too,

well lets be honest Canada isn't really a scary place and don't have much of a army either , is this there defense weapon testing or could big foot have lost his marbles and gone to Canada ?

like And then says "And that's why people need guns...just sayin'" lol

I've seen this before and it's fake. They are all standing around looking up from the start but the sound starts at 3 seconds. It doesn't ease it just sounds like it gets cut it.

yeh this thing got me for a while too,

i heard noises like these around 1998.. so if anyone wants to try and tell me they aren't real.. well.. it's a free country, right?

about this canadian logger video.. there's some indication this is a filmed reaction to a pipe venting gas. i don't know if that's true or not but just consider that somebody MAY have overlayed the heavier sound onto it knowing it would lend credence having the loggers react to it.

so what about the hungarian (?) sound film footage.. the one where the cloud glitches.. in the centre frame.. how did the filmer know to centre the frame there? if he/she spotted it moments previosuly they would be commenting and tracking the cloud and probably zooming in and out..

so are these real..? one of them was recorded during a baseball game.. the commentators are reacting and reporting to it.. so is THAT all a scam too?

so.. where does this leave us.. consider this.. the films are trying to have us get in a frenzy about something.. but... the films are failing to show masses of people in a frenzy WHILE IT OCCURS.

why are most of the films probing the sky back and forth.. minimal commentry (the one from brazil had some authentic nervous folks chattering away) ..no masses of people..

it's almost like a group of people started some bull campaign once 2012 arrived..

people are saying this is viral marketing.. i feel sorry for the minds behind it.. people who would suggest that and if applicable people who would actually do it.. it doesn't make sense. some poor rational person tried to post a simple rational explanation about all this at youtube and was destroyed because 90% of the people were too stupid to read the guys accompanying information... people are crazy in this world now.. what ****wit thinks we are impressed by this and will buy products linked to it? viral marketing my ass. you would get your head caved in.

it's real. or at least a part of it is. there's some next level **** going on these days.. most of this is beyond the actions of a single human being so don't get too caught up in it, just try to change and be a better person in your life? it's not punishment from god i just don't want people to lose it over this. kick back and start getting involved in (y)our lives! i'm making pancakes, who wants some? :)

It sounds like a train to me, but I don't know much about them to make a valid argument.

Edited by Cataleptic

Hey guys,

look what I found on youtube a few minutes ago.

It`s about those strange sounds which is going around the world at the moment.

Maybe you heard about it.

Here`s another video, made in GERMANY

ps: Read the description, there`s an explanation in english too!!!

Edited by sorrowgirl

As any other fake video.....Where is the full video?

They were obviously videoing for something?

Oh wait, they were, a 90 second clip with sound edited in....