Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prove to me that God exists.

Alienated Being

Greetings Silver... Exactly why I posted it. :)

The believers common response is..."In the beginning." Then they always say look around. THis can't happen without intelligent design.

The Non believer seeing no sign of God would say to look around. Where is he?

There is no proof. This has been debated so much and the answers remain the same. :no:

SINcerely,

:devil:

Not really the answers remain the same because for some the answer is that if one can not disprove god then the concept of a god must remain. That ideology is compleatly flawed and always has been. One can not disprove nor provide evidience of something that has nothing. I hear what your saying but it gets a bit silly when the Believers don't get that and put there belief stance in something that one could claim alien in nature. At least that would be more believable in todays day and age.

I kinda feel bad for those living in the past and think some dictator from the Roman empire allowed there belief to exsist. That would cover christians and muslims that make up the majority.

"she" isn't a "lady-boy" ? Ya gotta be careful ya know. :blink:

Yo be honest it wouldn't matter :devil:

Edited by The Silver Thong

Gawd, I'd be embarrassed for Bracket if "she" was of 'ambiguous gender" though. Not that there is anything wrong with that ! :P

Yo be honest it wouldn't matter :devil:

I think I'm getting your meaning there, but please, no more information. :rolleyes:

Gawd, I'd be embarrassed for Bracket if "she" was of 'ambiguous gender" though. Not that there is anything wrong with that ! :P

I would not be embarrased at all as I might just go that way if she/he looked like that. It would be a first but I bet my boyfriend would look better then your girlfriend :w00t:

Lol. This thread is going off in an entirely different direction than I intended, however, it's giving me a pretty good laugh...

Carry on. LOL

She's not. :angry: I know because i've been stalking her. <_< ..... I mean, following her career. :unsure2:

She's not. :angry: I know because i've been stalking her. <_< ..... I mean, following her career. :unsure2:

What's her name ?

I hope nobody minds me re-posting this (it went into the poems bit some time ago) but it sums up my feelings as to whether or not any proof will ever be found.

Thank you , in advance :)

The Cosmic Question.

As I sit here and watch the sky,

things go through my mind, I wonder why.

Do I really exist or is it a game.

Could I belong to a much greater plane.

I drift from my body and look down on this place.

It's really quite small from out here in space.

I do not feel cold, alone or afraid.

I just want the answer. How was it all made.

The stars, the planets, asteroids in a gang.

Did it all come from one great big bang.

Or is it much easier to understand.

Is there a God, did He lend a hand.

Some would say yes and some would say no.

Some would say simply, I really dont know.

But there's nobody out here to ask or debate.

Nobody out here the truth to relate.

So I'll drift back to Earth and I'll watch the sky.

Things will go through my mind and I'll wonder why.

Engilshgent.

I want empirical evidence that suggests, beyond a reasonable doubt, that an omniscient, anthropomorphic supernatural being that governs the fates of his products exists.

Your request is self-invalidating. Empirical evidence is evidence which is gathered according to the precepts of scientific methodology. By definition, the supernatural is something beyond the understanding of science. One cannot gather empirical evidence of a supernatural event.

I will write you a $10,000 cheque if you can convince me that a God truly, undeniably exists.

This disclaimer also indicates that this offer is not trustworthy. You made a very specific request for objective evidence in your first line, however the line governing the distribution of the reward makes very subjective conditions.

This is not an offer that passes review. It is not logically valid, and it fails in regards to credibility and clarity.

Lol. This thread is going off in an entirely different direction than I intended, however, it's giving me a pretty good laugh...

Carry on. LOL

Well, can we get $10 000 if someone proves you exist?

Well, can we get $10 000 if someone proves you exist?

I can prove to you that my tom cat Wallie exists.. in fact I would go further and send the little bugger over to you and let him annoy you for a change lol You can have the pleasure of waking up to his 3am meows...his morning , noon and night meows. EVEN if you place the bugger outside, he meows loudly outside your windows Trying to sneak behind the TV for a pee ( but never gets away with it ).....

.......His constant greed ...trust me you couldn't even pop an aspirin, and he is looking it out of your mouth ....his prowling and destroying the furniture...bullying his sister..trying to chew threw the wires ( sometimes i am tempted to let him lol..tempted, I don't actually let him).......I could give you a list, but hey I can do more than prove the little git exists.. Just say the word and I'll send him your way...You can keep your $10,000 you may need it for therapy afterwards ... blink.giftongue.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I can prove to you that my tom cat Wallie exists.. in fact I would go further and send the little bugger over to you and let him annoy you for a change lol You can have the pleasure of waking up to his 3am meows...his morning , noon and night meows. EVEN if you place the bugger outside, he meows loudly outside your windows Trying to sneak behind the TV for a pee ( but never gets away with it ).....

.......His constant greed ...trust me you couldn't even pop an aspirin, and he is looking it out of your mouth ....his prowling and destroying the furniture...bullying his sister..trying to chew threw the wires ( sometimes i am tempted to let him lol..tempted, I don't actually let him).......I could give you a list, but hey I can do more than prove the little git exists.. Just say the word and I'll send him your way...You can keep your $10,000 you may need it for therapy afterwards ... blink.giftongue.gif

Will your cat take $10 500 if it can prove anyone exists?

Your request is self-invalidating. Empirical evidence is evidence which is gathered according to the precepts of scientific methodology. By definition, the supernatural is something beyond the understanding of science. One cannot gather empirical evidence of a supernatural event.

Then what's the point in in investing belief in a God if you can't gather evidence of its existence? Using that logic, you may as well just invest believe in unicorns, dragons, leprechauns, faeries, etc.

Are you a blind believer?

Edited by Alienated Being

I want empirical evidence that suggests, beyond a reasonable doubt, that an omniscient, anthropomorphic supernatural being that governs the fates of his products exists.

I will write you a $10,000 cheque if you can convince me that a God truly, undeniably exists.

Go.

In this day and age, there's no such proof that we are aware of (otherwise it wouldn't be a case of belief, it would be a case of fact). All 'evidence' is via personal experience, conjecture or comes from religious texts which are rather unreliable as proof.

All we actually have is proof that people believe/have believed in gods, but not proof that those gods existed. I doubt meaningful evidence of the existance of god exists, at least in our lifetimes.

God is in the realm of things that cannot be proved- if you could prove a faith it would cease to involve faith and become fact, which is what God isn't by nature. The absence of evidence would arguably be a reason for belief to some people.

Also, most of the time what God is is relative to the person, making that impossible to share or show proof even if someone feels they have it.

According to the dictionary:

Definition of EMPIRICAL

1 originating in or based on observation or experience <empirical data>

2 relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for system and theory <an empirical basis for the theory>

3 capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experiment <empirical laws>

4 of or relating to empiricism

------

Experience is a valid way of gathering evidence.

But the real question is: in the Christian belief, God exists in a dimension higher than our three-d world. How could we gather evidence for something we can't fully observe?

I can prove to you that my tom cat Wallie exists.. in fact I would go further and send the little bugger over to you

Actually, you can't prove that. If you sent a tomcat over to someone all it would prove is that a tomcat exists. It would not prove it was YOUR tomcat (you might have stolen it from your neighbour or caught a stray). Neither would it prove that its name was Wallie, you might be lying to us. If the cat was registered with whatever agency registers cats in Ireland then a microchip implant might lend credence to your statement but it would still not be proof (maybe the cat was stolen and the vet was paid to chip a cat that you did not own). You could probably prove in a court of law that the cat was named Wallie and that it is indeed your cat, beyond reasonable doubt. But scientifically you could only prove that a tomcat exists.

My point - there are some things that simply can't be scientifically proven. Such as the existence of a supernatural deity (yay, I related this to the OP). I can't scientifically prove God. But then again, I never claimed I could do such a thing. Which kind of makes the challenge made by the thread starter to be rather redundant. I'm certain he already knew this hence the reason he made a $10k offer in the first place. He could have made it a million dollars and had no fear of losing the wager.

~ Regards,

Actually, you can't prove that. If you sent a tomcat over to someone all it would prove is that a tomcat exists. It would not prove it was YOUR tomcat (you might have stolen it from your neighbour or caught a stray). Neither would it prove that its name was Wallie, you might be lying to us. If the cat was registered with whatever agency registers cats in Ireland then a microchip implant might lend credence to your statement but it would still not be proof (maybe the cat was stolen and the vet was paid to chip a cat that you did not own). You could probably prove in a court of law that the cat was named Wallie and that it is indeed your cat, beyond reasonable doubt. But scientifically you could only prove that a tomcat exists.

My point - there are some things that simply can't be scientifically proven. Such as the existence of a supernatural deity (yay, I related this to the OP). I can't scientifically prove God. But then again, I never claimed I could do such a thing. Which kind of makes the challenge made by the thread starter to be rather redundant. I'm certain he already knew this hence the reason he made a $10k offer in the first place. He could have made it a million dollars and had no fear of losing the wager.

~ Regards,

You dont know Ireland. They would stick the cat in the witnesses box and ask it!

(and it would probably reply too lol) :w00t:

Experience is a valid way of gathering evidence.

Not if you can't prove that the "experience" was the result of divine intervention. Just because an individual cannot explain an occurrence, that doesn't, under any circumstances, confirm the existence of a deity.

Not if you can't prove that the "experience" was the result of divine intervention. Just because an individual cannot explain an occurrence, that doesn't, under any circumstances, confirm the existence of a deity.

That statement was made regarding the dictionary definition that I quoted. I said nothing about proving; I merely stated that according to the dictionary definition, experience is a method of gathering evidence. There was no implication of analyzing said evidence.

However, I would imagine that any evidence that is gathered through experience is likely to be processed through the observer's bias, and would be considered unreliable by those of an opposing bias.