Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where is the center of the Universe ?

Saru

The universe have a center but it's not steady , Rather it move from one place to another , because i have to go to the restaurant and bathroom some times

Made perfect sense to me.... :alien:

What i can't understand is this, when they pointed the Hubble at an area of sky and left it there for days they claimed the farthest object was at the end of the universe some 13 billion years away,now it may be 13 billion years from earth but if they don't know the centre of the universe how do they know the universe is 13 billion years old, the edge could be farther from the centre than from the earth,perhaps i missed something somewhere?, i would have thought that to know the size of the universe you need to know the distance from the centre to the edge.

What i can't understand is this, when they pointed the Hubble at an area of sky and left it there for days they claimed the farthest object was at the end of the universe some 13 billion years away,now it may be 13 billion years from earth but if they don't know the centre of the universe how do they know the universe is 13 billion years old, the edge could be farther from the centre than from the earth,perhaps i missed something somewhere?, i would have thought that to know the size of the universe you need to know the distance from the centre to the edge.

Because the oldest light had to travel 13 billion years

This is a link to a theory about multiple universes existing outside our own. Which if true would mean there is an end to our universe and that would also mean that there would be a center somewhere, but we would have no way of calculating where that would be because our point of reference wouldn't allow for it (being that the scale is just oo big).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1338818/First-evidence-universes-exist-alongside-discovered.html

• 3 years later...

He hints at the 4th dimension existing "inside" or "within" the 3rd dimension. With unexplainable objects showing up on camera superimposed onto the recordings as though there were no distance between the "object" and the recording receptors inside the cameras, no matter what direction they move or how fast they go or the distance they are, I think this Phil Plait character could be on to something. But, since I'm not a physicist I couldn't say what he's referring to. Liked this video, favorited.

Considering the OP is over 3 yrs old I wouldnt be suprised if a centre to the universe has now been found.