Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery blue jelly balls fall from the sky

Still Waters

A man in Dorset has been left mystified after tiny blue spheres fell from the sky into his garden.

Steve Hornsby from Bournemouth said the 3cm diameter balls came raining down late on Thursday afternoon during a hail storm.

He found about a dozen of the balls in his garden. He said: "[They're] difficult to pick up, I had to get a spoon and flick them into a jam jar."

The Met Office said the jelly-like substance was "not meteorological".

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• encouraged

• Mentalcase

• jism1cake

• Alienated Being

I suspect the dude got a little of the ingredients in a small planes toilet flush! You know how they put that blue stuff in there...

I suspect the dude got a little of the ingredients in a small planes toilet flush! You know how they put that blue stuff in there...

That's exactly what I thought too! When I was a kid, I walked outside in my apartment complex, and noticed a whole bunch of toilet goo everywhere. On cars, road, etc! IT was gross, but it didn't look like this!

That's exactly what I thought too! When I was a kid, I walked outside in my apartment complex, and noticed a whole bunch of toilet goo everywhere. On cars, road, etc! IT was gross, but it didn't look like this!

Different specific gravities are going to fall in different locations because of getting caught up, or not, in the vertical loops of the storm clouds that make hail. LOL Since poop doesn't vaporize...

enough said!

I agree with the rest of you, sounds toiletological to me. I don't think they should be allowed to dump that stuff in flight.

I recently heard that the practice has been banned in the U.S., but i don't know when (what year that came about). Getting hit by a frozen turd could ruin ones day.

arrow3.gifView: Where does airplane poo go?

I imagine different manufacturers preprocess it in different ways.

Edited by encouraged

Its Rasberry Jelly from the heavens!

I would be more inclined to believe that the "jelly" substance is related to the waste system of an airliner.

I would be more inclined to believe that the "jelly" substance is related to the waste system of an airliner.

Yeah, I think we've covered that. I still don't think it is. The article clearly states it could be fish eggs.

Did anyone think to taste it?

I'm pretty sure it's just xploderz ammo, my guess is that kids have been firing their gun at his house and after hail stones hes found these. My girlfriends little brother has these and they swell up in water up to about 3cm in diamater and they have the exact same qualities as he describes.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Rwilj6uxGkQ/TS_mFVn-jUI/AAAAAAAAF8Q/YOG7ZUehqVc/s1600/cvf.jpg

Mystery solved?

Is it possible that it is ectoplasm?

I'm pretty sure it's just xploderz ammo, my guess is that kids have been firing their gun at his house and after hail stones hes found these. My girlfriends little brother has these and they swell up in water up to about 3cm in diamater and they have the exact same qualities as he describes.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Rwilj6uxGkQ/TS_mFVn-jUI/AAAAAAAAF8Q/YOG7ZUehqVc/s1600/cvf.jpg

Mystery solved?

That sounds so much like something people would do, it has got to be true!

http://1.bp.blogspot...c/s1600/cvf.jpg

Mystery solved?

I agree. That was my first guess too when I saw the pictures. It's gel ammo. I've seen the gel ejected from airliners--my ex bf used to live near the approach to sea-tac airport and occasionally we'd find toilet goo in the yard, and it doesn't look like the pictures in the article. It's more grayish and more blobby (aka gross).

Someone has been firing this stuff at the guys house. LOL.

Airlines dont dump the waste mid-flight, its pumped out after the flight.

Mystery solved?

Good find, looks very similar.

an alien that broke up in the atmosphere lol.

I agree with the plane toilet