Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

people still dont belive in ghosts

coolguy

hello all. i cant belive most people still dont belive in ghosts or hauntings,

i belong to teamxbox and somebody started a thread about ghost pics.

and like 90 percent of the members there say ghosts are not real lol

and they think iam nuts because i know ghosts and The Paranormal are real

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolfpower

• Sakari

• nyuk

• Mistydawn

you can't believe most people don't believe in ghosts?

you can believe in ghosts but you can't believe in people who don't believe in ghosts.

that's sort of odd.

Ok, you KNOW ghost and the paranormal are real.....

You did not leave anything out there, so this should be easy....

The " Paranormal " has quite a bit in its own it's own.

So, since you are so convinced, and know that ghosts are real, I would like you to convince me, or anyone else here.What makes you so sure?, do you have solid evidence?

After we get established that ghosts are real, we shall move on to Bigfoot......And so on, and so on, and so on........

I will wait patiently for your evidence, and others will also.

Trust me, I would be very excited, and actually happy to see some proof, and be able to know there is something out there.

I live in the North of Ireland and until I was about 10 years old I didn't believe Black people really existed.

There is a quote somewhere in the Christian bible about how those who believe in God without physical proof

will merit more than those who see and believe.

Don't worry about others, if you have seen, experienced or witnessed the paranormal then that is all that should matter to you.

I live in the North of Ireland and until I was about 10 years old I didn't believe Black people really existed.

There is a quote somewhere in the Christian bible about how those who believe in God without physical proof

will merit more than those who see and believe.

Don't worry about others, if you have seen, experienced or witnessed the paranormal then that is all that should matter to you.

Well of course the Bible would say that. Thats the whole point of the Bible - to get you to believe in something that there is no physical evidence of! And as far as seeing and witnessing - the human eye and mind are fallible and subject to unreliability that would make your head spin. Most people don't believe in ghosts or paranormal activity because there has never been any evidence of it stand up to peer review - anywhere, anytime.

Well of course the Bible would say that. Thats the whole point of the Bible - to get you to believe in something that there is no physical evidence of! And as far as seeing and witnessing - the human eye and mind are fallible and subject to unreliability that would make your head spin. Most people don't believe in ghosts or paranormal activity because there has never been any evidence of it stand up to peer review - anywhere, anytime.

Get your point but, if you can't beleive in yourself and in your own experiences, what the hell can you believe in?

Think of it this way. Most ghost photographs are faked/altered.

There has been no actual physical/scientific evidence to support the exsistance of ghosts other than first hand accounts.

Most people do not believe in the exsistence of the paranormal because they themselves have not witnessed it. Do you blame them for not believing other people telling their stories?

Forgive me if I am being blunt here but, show me legitimate proof or you can count me in on the 90% of the non-believers.

There's no morsel of scientific evidence to irrefutably conclude their existence. Most sightings are the result of hallucinations, or mirages.

I've seen a ghost before so I definitely believe they exist.

I've seen a ghost before so I definitely believe they exist.

While I have seen a ghost yet don't believe they exist.

Mainly because I know of other more likely explanations for what I saw.

It is kind of strange. Their are those that don't believe in anything paranormal and they sleep with the lights off. Others that absolutely nothing has happened to them that makes them even think if its real, but it just takes that one time to change their mind.

Those that have seen something are left traumatized and scarred. In my opinion, there are strange things and at times leave you not believing your eyes or ears.

Three words.

1. No

2. Definitive

3. Evidence.

You just need 1 clear evidence to convince everyone. Do you have one?

I don't believe in ghosts.

I know some people are convinced they have seen ghosts, but I believe they are mistaken. The human brain is too easily fooled when it comes to visual and audio perception.

Well I believe in ghosts and an afterlife but I also believe that 99.9% of the so called evidence (including all these ridiculous tv shows) is faked, can be easily explained and that some people who believe in it so much they automatically tag everything that happens to being paranormal.

I can't prove or provide any evidence that an afterlife exists, and I don't believe that anyone could, just like no one could prove that there is other life in the universe, and I also believe that.

At the end of the day its all down to the individual, maybe I'm wrong and none of these things exist but it makes life more interesting thinking of things that we are never going to know the answer to.

Edited by burt_ie

Well I believe in ghosts and an afterlife but I also believe that 99.9% of the so called evidence (including all these ridiculous tv shows) is faked, can be easily explained and that some people who believe in it so much they automatically tag everything that happens to being paranormal.

I can't prove or provide any evidence that an afterlife exists, and I don't believe that anyone could, just like no one could prove that there is other life in the universe, and I also believe that.

At the end of the day its all down to the individual, maybe I'm wrong and none of these things exist but it makes life more interesting thinking of things that we are never going to know the answer to.

A little bit of a difference between ghosts and life elsewhere in the universe. We are only now developing the technologies to simplify the process of finding planets capable of supporting life, let alone the the technology capable of proving a planet does have life. Unless we are incredibly lucky it could be many years before we have the technology to prove it.

On the other hand there are hundreds of reports daily of ghosts and the paranormal all over this planet, but no definitive evidence.

I believe the Drake equation is on the right track, but I'm not going to say that there is certainty of life elsewhere. Though it would be pretty sad and remarkable if we were all there was.

I think the problem with relying on the individual experiences of individuals as proof is that there is a fundamental difference between perceptions/opinions and facts. One is entitled to their own perceptions and opinions, but not their own facts. Facts have to be the same for everyone. Thats why science works the way it works, it seeks to establish facts that are true for everyone, everywhere.

When someone states "I know that -insert paranormal/cryptozoological/mystic thing here - is true because I had an experience." it means you are taking your opinions and perceptions and trying to establish them as fact for everyone else. This can ONLY happen when the experience is validated, proven, corroborated by EVIDENCE. You can't just turn opinions and perceptions into facts that apply to everyone based on wishes and goodwill.

I don't think most people who have paranormal experiences are liars. Most people who have these experiences are good, honest people. They are just mistaken because their eyes saw a thing, or ears heard a thing and their brain (for whatever reason, either belief, non-belief, fear, hope..etc) filled in the blanks. Thats called confirmation bias and its part of the human experience. Read here http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/c/confirmation_bias.htm

Which is why unless its proven, with evidence that has withstood peer review I cannot wrench my brain around to believe in it, no matter how convincing the story, no matter how earnest the storyteller. Its nothing personal. Its just reality folks.

I think it was one of those post an run deals from the OP.

But yes, Im also interested in what he consider good evidence of ghosts.

Get your point but, if you can't beleive in yourself and in your own experiences, what the hell can you believe in?

this is a very good point!

the thing is there's a difference between belief and fact.

belief does not require facts, nor do facts require belief.

that does not make your belief wrong. it just means that it cannot be presented as fact to others who don't have the same belief.

Edited by JGirl

that does not make your belief wrong. it just means that it cannot be presented as fact to others who don't have the same belief.

Well said! :yes:

Also the same experience is perceived differently depending on the person who experiences it.

One may see something paranormal, while another might find a purely logical explanation and think nothing further of it.

Sometimes, the more you learn, the less you believe.

This is one of those cases.

It also does not make your belief right, and if there are no facts backing up a belief, then it is less likely to be correct. If there are facts directly contradicting a belief then it is probably better called a delusion.

Okey, so personally I do believe in ghost, but I believe more in the fact that the ghost we see is not all from the 'spiritual' world. WE can't know we are the only life things in the world so some things could be explained by that, different dimension maybe in this world. Science can not explain everything, there are limits to some things, the knowledge is too vast and people don't realize that Science rules can be broken by exceptions.

An example would be from a plague, how some survive that, that they are immune. In a way that is scientific not explainable, so people who say Paranormal can't exist because science doesn't allow it are just to scared to look outside the box. Many people still wont believe in it when it's right in their faces. They would still deny it if something would start flying at their face, which personally I find totally hilarious.

Paranormal is not only ghost activity, but as the name suggest Something that is not 'normal' on human standards. So something science can't explain. So not only does it mean it's ghost, it could as well as be much more different and other stuff.

A person of being invisible is not impossible, a Cameleon can blend into it's surroundings, so why can a person not do that?

So people can keep on believing that there is no Supernatural, but it is obvious that other things then human being exists. So if you don't believe that then too bad.

[btw, this was the rambling of a 14 year old :P Sorry if I said something not appropriate or whatever, I often seem to do the wrong thing in forums :D ]