Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How did you come up with your username?

Hostess

I got mine from a song by the Doors called "Strange Days."

My Dad gave me a cd a few years ago and I fell in love with their music.

The lyric goes:

The hostess is grinning

Her guests sleep from sinning

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wordless Wanderer

• Paranoid Android

• Ealdwita

• Jester Harlot

I normally use my real name, I all ways hated using fake names...I just find it strange not using your real name when discussing things, I guess that is just me.

Un-fortunatley, someone had gotten a hold of my old user id password and posted with it, and it got that one banned....Saru is well aware of this when I came in with this name about 2 years later...I decided not to use my old name ( not sure what may have been labeled to it now ), and used Sakari.

Sakari was a Wolf we were lucky enough to share our lives with for 7 years, and she changed our lives, and taught us a lot of good things.

So, Sakari it is.

My adopted daughter (China) was six when we brought her home. As she was learning to speak English she would appear to be listening very carefully and when we'd finish a full sentence she would say..an den? an what? :w00t:

I think usernames are essential for the internet. I'd like to come up with some mysterious myth or spiritual epiphany as to the origin of my username. I could, but that would be lying, or at least the use of poetic license.

Actually, someone I knew knew of someone who lived somewhere near a mountain that was commonly known as star mountain, so that person took the nick name starmountainkid. This may be mythical in itself, as I never knew that person, or if this star mountain ever actually existed.

So, I'm not sure if I am StarMountainKid or this other perhaps mythical fellow is. If that other guy is real then I'm an imposter. I'm using his name under false pretenses. This doesn't bother me too much, as he and I will most likely never meet, especially if he's not a real person at all.

This is a good place to put in a disclaimer. I'm using the name StarMountainKid on the premise that there is no real other person who is the actual, original StarMountainKid. If that person exists somewhere, I apologize for using the name, and upon his objection I will stop using that name and choose some other name for myself.

I hope this above statement will prevent any possible future litigation or legal proceedings against me that he may wish to initiate upon his possible appearance.

My name stemmed from my interest in extraterrestrial life.

Well...I chose this one because...I happened to like the character "Ryu" from the Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter game.

Besides, it's short and easy to remember.

Ealdwita is Anglo-Saxon for 'Elder counsellor' (In my case - the accent is on the 'Eald'!)

Mine is simply my name. The "444" is just something that I see often, which may or may not mean anything to some people, but to me it's a personal reminder.

Un-fortunatley, someone had gotten a hold of my old user id password and posted with it, and it got that one banned....

Oh my goodness, I didn't think someone would be that spiteful... Wouldn't the IP show up as different?

Anyway... My user name is hte same one I had from a mother and baby forum I belonged to when I was having Becky... So I kept it.. I am not good at making up names...actually I am rather bad at it...

Regulars just call me BM...I don't mind

I never change my ID on here....I cannot be bothered... I am expecting another baby soon and people ask me will I change my ID then? I don't think I will.... I am not used to change as much ...and I am lazy at times ..!!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Pretty easy for me, Lilly was my very first dog. :)

If that is a picture of your 1st Dog, then she is beautiful...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

My username is a reference to Beowulf, not the rubbish one from the film, the original from the poem.

Although, I did spell Grendel wrong but I just don't have the heart to change it.

Because I am English and also a Gentleman :) (honestly, I still open doors for ladies :) )

First letter combined with a word... forms another familiar pronunciation.

I am not going to disclose anymore cuz I asked for a psychic readings afterall. ;)

I like the color red! thumbsup.gif

Paranoid Android isn't my first username here. When I joined, UM was my first ever forum and I didn't really know what to put because I hadn't really created any kind of online ideas about what I wanted to convey to people. So I chose a name that a uni friend emailed me once. He said "Yo Bobbie McRobbie", and so I used Bobbie McRobbie as my name. After a few months I got sick of seeing that name, so I turned to a childhood favourite. Being six-foot tall and broad-shouldered I took the nickname BFG (Big Friendly Giant), you know Roald Dahl. Since I was big, and since I was friendly, and since I was six-foot (not quite giant) I took that. But after a few months that really wasn't what I wanted other people to think of me as. So I thought about what I did want, and I was in the process of re-reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I was reading a scene involving Marvin the Paranoid Android, a chronically depressed robot and I immediately knew what my long term name was going to be. Not that I'm depressed (chronically or otherwise) but Marvin was such an interesting character I knew I just had to put him in my name (additionally, Radiohead are one of the bands I would listen to more often than others and they've got a song called Paranoid Android, so it's a double interest - but Hitchhiker's Guide is my primary reason).

I've thought about changing my name, but then I'd always have to be explaining who I was and who i used to be and who I hope to be one day, so it would probably get tiresome.

Mine is also very easy, my name is Stuart and I have purple hair :)

Edited by PurpleStuart

Offeiriad is the Welsh word for priest and it's also the name of my priest in a game I play.

My username is a reference to Beowulf, not the rubbish one from the film, the original from the poem.

Although, I did spell Grendel wrong but I just don't have the heart to change it.

hynðo on Heorote mid his heteþancum,

færniða gefremed. Is min fletwerod,

wigheap gewanod; hie wyrd forsweop

on Grendles gryre. God eaþe mæg

þone dolsceaðan dæda getwæfan.

My name is Alan,

my hedgehog pic is cute (if you like baby hedgehogs, that is),

and my dry humour can come across as quite sharp, hence the 'acute'.

Iam an Animal lover.I love prehistoric animals more because they are huge, mainly Dinosaurs and some prehistoric mammals.As i like Prehistoric things, i wanted to add that word to my name.There should be some difference in it.I used Prehistorica instead of Prehistoric.I liked it.

when i was young i used to watch CASPER Movie, i adored this character & always stick to my mind, therefore CASPER came from here.

As for LITTLE that is why I'm used to be short among my friends & feel like I'm little. So it became (LittleCasper) lol

I want to thank u really for starting such fabulous topic that led to a great discussion.

Also i sued to have a nickname that is (StValentine) Saint of LOVE, which we will celebrate his date after few days on 14 February, simply because I was born on 15 February ;)