Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Beckys_Mom

The Big Bang Theory

20 posts in this topic

Someone on UM told me that this TV show was really funny.. I had not ever watched it before but one night saw it on E4 and thought - Why not?

It was season 5, but the episode I did watch was really funny

We began to watch more and more of the show, and loved it all the more... So, I decided as it was on season 5 on E4...we should really star from the beginning and watch from season one to 4... It was Garys birthday and I used my chance to make part of his present - the box set of The Big Bang Theory.... We are on season two on the DVD.. It is really worth it and glad I bought the set...

My favourite character is Sheldon...

Penny announces on one of the episodes that she is heading back home as she cannot get a decent acting Job..

. Leonard asks her - What will you do next?........She replies - Well as I can't really act, I will just teach it...!!..........

.... Sheldon turns to Leonard saying - So I gather you will start teaching physics? laugh.gif

I must admit, when I was giving off about how bad and unfunny Chuck Lorre's - Two and a Half Men. I was a bit iffy with watching another one of his sitcoms ... But it turns out this one actually is well written and funny

Are there any fans of the show here?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I love it, I don't really watch a lot of tv but when I do I'll always switch to it if it's on. Always makes me laugh, and I love Sheldon's sarcasm. :D

I am a HUGE fan. I have watched the show many times over. They are a great group of actors and I love all the characters. Raj is just too funny, he is so wimpy. Sheldon is my fav, too. He is hilarious!

Penny. Knock knock. Knock. Penny Knock Knock. Knock. Penny! Knock. Knock. Knock.

Penny. Knock knock. Knock. Penny Knock Knock. Knock. Penny! Knock. Knock. Knock.

LMAO! Did you see the one where Sheldon is using his computer to talk for him!? AAAAAhhhhhh......so many funny parts.

I totally heart TBBT. Raj is a cutie! wub.gifThere is a Sheldon inside all of us! thumbsup.gif

I actually like Big Bang Theory too... it's kind of ... sweet in a lot of ways. I know people JUST like those guys too which makes it even funnier. Really smart social dorks. LOL. (not too mention I live with a total Star Trek, comic book geek which makes it even funnier)

I actually like Big Bang Theory too... it's kind of ... sweet in a lot of ways. I know people JUST like those guys too which makes it even funnier. Really smart social dorks. LOL. (not too mention I live with a total Star Trek, comic book geek which makes it even funnier)

I am a Trekki. I connect with them and the sci-fi/fantasy geek in my house. LOL

Soft kitty, warm kitty little ball of fur!

Happy kitty, sleepy kitty Purr purr purr!!

I LOVE Sheldon. I love the way Jim Parsons acts.

I love it, I don't really watch a lot of tv but when I do I'll always switch to it if it's on. Always makes me laugh, and I love Sheldon's sarcasm. :D

That's what stands out for me too, his witty sarcasm...Mixed in with the lack of common sense...

I am a HUGE fan. I have watched the show many times over. They are a great group of actors and I love all the characters. Raj is just too funny, he is so wimpy. Sheldon is my fav, too. He is hilarious!

I like it when Raj always says - But that's a little racist ... He manages to insert that in somewhere !! lol

Ha ha yes.. I saw that a few times... His funny quirks... It cracks me up..

LMAO! Did you see the one where Sheldon is using his computer to talk for him!? AAAAAhhhhhh......so many funny parts.

Not yet, but I saw them use their computers to make the lights go on and off and make remote control cars move... Or was that other geeks with their computer?

...I have only begun to watch this..On season two now..

Me too.. I have a few people just like them in real life.. Harmless but funny ...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

The first seasons were better when they didn't dumb it down and it wasn't the typical sitcom like it is now. I watched it last a few weeks ago and the only thing that made me laugh was Sheldon ranting about magic and the Green Lantern because it was true. :P

Just another show ruined to better appeal to a broader audience for marketing advertising. :hmm:

i own the first season :) I love it.. one of my favies. I love the episode where Howard builds the robotic hand/arm.. and uses it for naughty... hospital er scene is halarious.

One of the fun things to do. On the older shows. Was to copy down the equations. On the chalkboards. In their apartment. And try to figure them out.

The first seasons were better when they didn't dumb it down and it wasn't the typical sitcom like it is now. I watched it last a few weeks ago and the only thing that made me laugh was Sheldon ranting about magic and the Green Lantern because it was true. :P

Just another show ruined to better appeal to a broader audience for marketing advertising. :hmm:

I don't think performing magic shows is going to make people like the Green Lantern movie. lol, I don't think an act of god could make people enjoy that movie.

Someone on UM told me that this TV show was really funny.. I had not ever watched it before but one night saw it on E4 and thought - Why not?

It was season 5, but the episode I did watch was really funny

We began to watch more and more of the show, and loved it all the more... So, I decided as it was on season 5 on E4...we should really star from the beginning and watch from season one to 4... It was Garys birthday and I used my chance to make part of his present - the box set of The Big Bang Theory.... We are on season two on the DVD.. It is really worth it and glad I bought the set...

My favourite character is Sheldon...

Penny announces on one of the episodes that she is heading back home as she cannot get a decent acting Job..

. Leonard asks her - What will you do next?........She replies - Well as I can't really act, I will just teach it...!!..........

.... Sheldon turns to Leonard saying - So I gather you will start teaching physics? laugh.gif

I must admit, when I was giving off about how bad and unfunny Chuck Lorre's - Two and a Half Men. I was a bit iffy with watching another one of his sitcoms ... But it turns out this one actually is well written and funny

Are there any fans of the show here?

I am a big fan of it.

One of the funniest episodes from season one is when they entered the - Physics Bowl ..... Sheldon took 4 people who he felt were not scientists.. just so he can answer all the questions himself and beat Leonard and his team.. It was funny ...

I also like the one where Sheldon takes ill and expects everyone to do all for him... Leonard trying hard to stay away from the apartment ...it was good

I don't think performing magic shows is going to make people like the Green Lantern movie. lol, I don't think an act of god could make people enjoy that movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SFRou4gEkY

That's what I'm talking about. :D

Nathan Fillion would have made Green Lantern 10x better... Now if only there had been back story and better writing.

One of the funniest episodes from season one is when they entered the - Physics Bowl ..... Sheldon took 4 people who he felt were not scientists.. just so he can answer all the questions himself and beat Leonard and his team.. It was funny ...

I also like the one where Sheldon takes ill and expects everyone to do all for him... Leonard trying hard to stay away from the apartment ...it was good

I liked that one. :D I really liked the one where Sheldon gets sick and starts making jello throat cultures. :P

Edited by __Kratos__

At first I was iffy but now I love the show. I'm a geek myself so that helps.

The first seasons were better when they didn't dumb it down and it wasn't the typical sitcom like it is now.

Now that I am only on Season two out the box set I got.. I can see what you mean.. It isn't really leaning too much on the whole physics like it did in season one...... Still a funny show though..

On the box set ( seasons 1-4) There is a special features disc.. It shows you the actual physicist who helps with the science scripts and all the equations they show in the sitcom... Chuck Lore said in an interview.. We have to trust this physicist, he could be telling us anything, we would be none the wiser, but the show needs a real scientist to help out..

The real physicist said in an interview .. There was a live audience who came in to watch the show, and they noticed that on that day, the physics exams they took, all the answers to that exam was featured in the show that day lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I had to post this one, her reaction to the gift is one of the best I've seen in a long time