Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunger Games

tapirmusic

I saw a trailer for a movie based on these or this book a few weeks ago. Looked interesting.

Anyone here read these books?

I think I'm gonna order them and give 'em a shot.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wickian

• Keel M.

• tapirmusic

• Xalalah

Yes, yes, yes! I read all three and can't wait for the movie to come out in March.:blush:

• 4 weeks later...

I saw a trailer for a movie based on these or this book a few weeks ago. Looked interesting.

We have been selling a LOT of Hunger Games books. I have read them all, twice. I will probably end up waiting till all three movies are made before I go to the book store at work and buy them again, with the 'movie' covers.

I hope they make em in hard backs, but I am not holding my breath on that one.

At Scholastic, almost every time one of our books makes it to the movies, the teachers buy them by the dozens to pass out to the students before they go see the movie itself. One teacher said they are reading the book in the classroom each day, then when any of them goes to the movies to see it, they get extra credit if they write a book report on the differences between the book and the movie.

heh.

I tried to read the books, but I found them uninteresting. It might be because I'm not a big fan of that particular genre.

I tried to read the books, but I found them uninteresting. It might be because I'm not a big fan of that particular genre.

That's understandable. This is the first time I've ever read any books of this genre, but since buying them for my iPad off Amazon, I get emails from Amazon occasionally suggesting other books of similar type. Nothing else has appealed to me. A friend suggested I try this series and I did. I happened to enjoy it, but I don't always like what she recommends, nor do I assume I will like all books like this.

That's understandable. This is the first time I've ever read any books of this genre, but since buying them for my iPad off Amazon, I get emails from Amazon occasionally suggesting other books of similar type. Nothing else has appealed to me. A friend suggested I try this series and I did. I happened to enjoy it, but I don't always like what she recommends, nor do I assume I will like all books like this.

I prefer fantasy books in general, but it's the whole dystopia/sci-fi feel to it specifically that doesn't appeal to me. The sci-fi books I can ever get into are full blown military ones.

I read them. My daughter was reading them and talked me into it. They're okay--way better than Twilight which was horrible in my opinion.

It's an interesting idea, but as I was reading I couldn't help but think of The Running Man, with Richard Dawson saying, "Killian here. Get me the Justice Department, Entertainment Division."

I've only read the first one and it was, in my opinion, alright not terrible like some of my friends say.

• 4 years later...

The books are nice, but really come alife on screen. I always read the books first, because i don't want to be

distracted from the storie.