Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would-be Jedi jailed over lightsaber attack

__Kratos__

Sorry folks... that was my bad to use the un-PC terms asylum and sanitarium instead of the PC term mental health facility.

Still think it's a shame that a lot of those buildings went to rot when they could be used to help people. Still think it's rot that some people that need help get tossed in jail instead.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lilly

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• The Unseen

• rashore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-97376-0-35501700-1328144949_thumb.j

friend of mine posted this to facebook the other day :tu:

Awww Man,people like that make it hard on the other Jedi who want to carry their light saber's in public.Bet they make it where you have to have a permet to carry,Ratts it gives sandpeople hope.

lol i would grab one and start fighting with him, would be cool

Now that would have been a sight to see,I can almost see yall jumping from rack to rack with back flips and swinging at each other with all the noises and sounds.The only things that would have been missing would have been the background music and the costumes. :w00t:

PORTLAND, Oregon — An Oregon judge has used his force to order a 45-day jail sentence and mental health evaluation for a would-be Jedi who attacked toy store customers with a pair of lightsabers.

David Allen Canterbury, 33, told Judge Kenneth Walker that he is already seeking mental health treatment. Canterbury also apologized to his victims.

The Oregonian reported that Canterbury pleaded no contest Monday to assault and resisting arrest.

Canterbury had a "Star Wars" lightsaber in each hand as he swung at three customers last Dec. 14 at a Toys R Us store, Portland police said. He carried the lightsabers outside the store and swung at police.

According to The Oregonian, police attempted to shoot Canterbury with a Taser but the suspected deflected one of the wires away.

More of the article here: Source

--------------------------------

This guy is just awesome and he's made my entire day already! :lol:

lol......"the force luke............................use the force".................... :)