Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Woman in Black with Daniel Radcliffe

HollyDolly

:tu: Is anyone going to see the new movie,The Woman in Black with Daniel Radcliffe from Harry Potter?

This was originally a book,and then a stage play in London.The movie from the ads on tv looks really spooky.

And speaking of ads, can't wait to watch the ones for the Superbowl Sunday.Audie Cars has one which is a parody of the Twilight movies,.Don't want to give it away, but it is funny.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• buckskin scout

• HollyDolly

• ThatAndyGuy

Watch the trailer......... Look at the very end of it, where Daniel is at the window... Now that gave me the chills... I jumped lol

• 1 month later...

I saw this film at the cinema the other week and enjoyed it thoroughly! I saw the theatre performance of The Woman In Black a few years ago and was really impressed by how spine chilling the story was. I was hesitant about seeing the film as I never thought it could top the play, but it came very close! Great thriller movie that succeeded in creating that "watch through your fingers" atmosphere that only good ghost stories can achieve! I must admit that due to the 12 age certificate and the obvious Harry Potter link, the cinema was full of screaming young teens who were asked to be quiet various times by fellow audience members and staff. They spoilt the occasional scene, but the film itself was fantastic and very enjoyable :)

I just watched it last night......Pros - It removed the Harry Potter vision. Daniel Radclife was good not oncer did I think of Harry Potter. ... They seemed to focus more on making you jump and it does.....Cons - Story was bland...and that's me putting it politely.. It was a story that had no real thought added what so ever

If anyone reading who values a good ghost story...do not go wasting your money on this one.. wait for the DVD or when it comes on TV ....

I was very disappointed in the storyline ..It left me thinking - why bother?

I felt the same way. I took my three young children(who frequent horror movies) to see this. My 7 yr old fell asleep half way through. I fell asleep too, until near the end when the teenie boppers started screaming. I summed it up as; Harry Potter goes to a scary house, and every once in a while a scary face pops out to make everyone scream. The only good part I thought was the end. But I won't spoil it for those that think they have to see this. I'll give it this, Daniel Radcliffe did play a really good part. But, like was said, the story line.. well, I'm not even really sure what the story line was, let's put it that way. Think of the movie paranormal activity only with a bigger budget and not filmed from a handheld camera. Lots of dull moments and an occasional weird face popping out to make you jump.

Was totally excited for this! Waited ages for it to come out, heard how 'terrifying' it was etc. I honestly didn't even flinch once. I'm not going to say it was a bad movie, but the acting was wooden, the scares were cheap and the storyline was weak, especially the intensely confusing ending.

The scenery was amazing though! And it did have it's little good bits. Wouldn't recommend, though,.

The film is only good in bits, the estate provided an atmosphere that was mildly thrilling to put it at best. CGI apparitions have never worked in horror films (an actor and/or traditional SPFX wizardry would have been an improvement). Otherwise, pretty run-of-the-mill, rather straightforward without any substantial real backstory or mystery.

This Is The First Time I Hear Of This Movie .. Trailer Looks Interesting .. I'll Def Watch It .. Although I Donno How Convinced I Will Be Watching Daniel Radcliffe In Any Other Movies Other Than Harry Potter ..

I found this movie to be quite boring. Nothing happens for the first 30 min or so and when it does, I still didn't care. I liked a few of the scenes, notable the ghost hanging herself, but over all I thought it was a pretty bland film.

I really like the book and absolutely love the play, but I don't feel particularly moved to see the film (I'm a bit precious about the changes that have been made). Still, it's nice to see Hammer making movies again!

Edited by schizoidwoman

My favorites of the genre remain

The Uninvited (1944) adapted from 'Uneasy Freehold' by Dorothy Macardle

The Innocents (1961) adapted from 'Turn Of The Screw' by Henry James

The Haunting (1963) adapted from 'The Haunting of Hill House' by Shirley Jackson

Legend Of Hell House (1973) adapted from 'Hell House' by Richard Matheson

Full Circle (1977) adapted from 'Julia' by Peter Straub (where's the DVD already!)

On a lower tier:

The Amityville Horror (1979) adapted from the Jay Anson book

The Changeling (1980)

The Entity (1981) adapted from the Frank De Felitta book

And there is the original Woman In Black (1989) which has one pretty scary scene but its reputation is quite overrated imo.

I want to see the play! I hear it is the most awesome experience!

Edited by dside

• 4 weeks later...