Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope chased demons from St. Peter's Square

Saru

A leading Catholic exorcist has revealed an alleged incident in which the Pope exorcised two men.

A blessing by Pope Benedict XVI exorcised the devil from two howling men during a general audience in St. Peter's Square in 2009, a leading Catholic exorcist says in an upcoming book.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• angi chiesa

• Paracelse

• Star of the Sea

• pbarosso

Top Posters In This Topic

Not again Gabriele. How much money for you this time. Please note that I was brought up as a ROMAN CATHOLIC, and I dont believe a word of this. Where is Giovanni and Marco to tell their tale.My middle name is Giovanni and my son is called Marco.I can assure you all that the Pope did not push us 3 metres backwards

Well, you gotta wonder.

We've been led to believe by Hollywood... and

... yeah, that's about it.

We've been led to believe that as you get deeper into Catholicism that there are increasingly more crazy, surreal cases you might find. Is it true? ONLY DAN BROWN KNOWS.

We live in an age of technology.

Video, or it didn't happen.

Well, you gotta wonder.

We've been led to believe that as you get deeper into Catholicism that there are increasingly more crazy, surreal cases you might find. Is it true? ONLY DAN BROWN KNOWS.

As it happens - the Catholic Church does not court exorcisms. Catholics and non Catholics approach the Church for help. Go to the Royal College of Psychiatrists and look at their Spirituality page and see for yourself that it is true that Clergy are invited to assist in supernatural matters.

Edited by Star of the Sea

The Pope shocked and repelled demons they thought..... "What the hell!.. Isn't he on our side?!?!":rofl:

Well, you gotta wonder.

Not even a video makes the cut these days.

Not even a video makes the cut these days.

You expect people inside the church to be allowed to film something like that? Even if they were, I highly doubt they'd be allowed to release it to the public. If a film does exist, its probably somewhere in their archives or a library or something.

omg what a load of crap i cant belive afetr everything we now know people still belive in that crap get an education people

reggie2011, i cant believe after all you know, you would not remember that it is only the foolish who claim to be wise, only to become fools.

Not again Gabriele. How much money for you this time. Please note that I was brought up as a ROMAN CATHOLIC, and I dont believe a word of this. Where is Giovanni and Marco to tell their tale.My middle name is Giovanni and my son is called Marco.I can assure you all that the Pope did not push us 3 metres backwards

well i too was brought up Roman Catholic and i can tell you from personal experience that this is entirely possible. it is wise to remember that not all of us are going to be privy to such things, just as most of us are sheep, and the few are shepherds. you doubters will undoubtedly see at some point, i am patient enough to wait until then.

you mean the dark side of the force :P

tumblr_lfmvtx5TCT1qbzxyvo1_500.jpg

I dont see the diffrence,They look like twins.The pope should have played the part,..would have saved money due to the fact that he would have not needed any make up. HOW could a man of such evil chase out his own kind.Wonder how much he payed them? :w00t::wacko::w00t:

I do not see the Pope as anything good and sincere in his beliefs. However this tale of driving out demons from a couple of men is absurd.. Now tell how many people worldwide have you seen troubled with demons.It is of course pure nonsense and I doubt if the POPE was involved in the nonsense

I do not se the POPE as anything BUT sincere. Got that sentence wrong first time.The Pope is for the good of us all. Any religion.

Any Religion? Not in my book.JMO

First of all, Hello to the Vatican (we know that you will be reading this at some point), secondly, It is well-known that the Vatican is well informed on matters of the supernatural. Whether we believe it or not makes no difference. If the Pope can help people, then so be it. The Vatican should consider publishing a book on 'How To Exorcise Demons at Home' based on their experience and knowledge - this would be very useful to the world.

you mean the dark side of the force :P

tumblr_lfmvtx5TCT1qbzxyvo1_500.jpg

It's not just their looks that they have in common, that's for sure :devil: . Seriously though, the whole tale is highly implausible, 2 men making a racket in the vicinity of the Pope would NOT BE IGNORED by the guards, they would be summarily rounded up and thrown into a cell. Have we forgotten that there has already been an assassination attempt by a nutjob on the previous Pope?

The vatican denies any such exorcism took place and in this they are to believed - most of the rest of what I hear from them I take with a huge pinch of salt mind you.:w00t:

As it happens - the Catholic Church does not court exorcisms. Catholics and non Catholics approach the Church for help. Go to the Royal College of Psychiatrists and look at their Spirituality page and see for yourself that it is true that Clergy are invited to assist in supernatural matters.

that's a relief.

what do you mean Clergy are invited to assist in supernatural matters? So like, individuals can choose to help out with exorcisms?

that's a relief.

what do you mean Clergy are invited to assist in supernatural matters? So like, individuals can choose to help out with exorcisms?

There are times when people who under the care of a Mental Health Team are referred to the Clergy. I have been involved with a case a couple of years ago. The NHS in the UK do take into account the Spiritual side of a persons mental health very seriously. Priests have been involved in cases where a patient has been thoroughly checked out by the Mental Health Team and deem the patient to be needing the Church, taking all things into consideration, the patients background, whether they are religious etc and that all other avenues have been explored ie: psychosis, schizophrenia etc and with the patients participation and consent and so on...

Taken from the Royal College of Psychiatrists:

The place of chaplaincy/pastoral care

Times have changed. Hospital chaplaincy now involves clergy and others from many faiths, denominations and humanist organisations. Chaplains (also called spiritual advisors) are increasingly part of the teams that provide care both in and outside hospital.

A modern mental health chaplaincy or pastoral care department should:

• have access to a sacred space
  • get on well with local clergy and faith communities
  • provide information about local religious groups, their traditions and practices
  • be aware that, sometimes, an individual's engagement with religious beliefs and activities can be unhelpful and even damaging
  • be able to give advice on difficult issues, such as paranormal influences, spirit possession and the ministry of deliverance
  • work closely with the mental health team so that spiritual needs can be recognised and helped
  • make sure that service users and patients know about them.

Also there is a wealth of literature on the website regarding Spirituality and publications from Psychiatrists from around the UK it makes very surprising reading for some! ::innocent:

Publications Archive: Spirituality and Psychiatry Special Interest Group

http://www.rcpsych.a...irituality.aspx Go to the Archive section.

There are times when people who under the care of a Mental Health Team are referred to the Clergy. I have been involved with a case a couple of years ago. The NHS in the UK do take into account the Spiritual side of a persons mental health very seriously. Priests have been involved in cases where a patient has been thoroughly checked out by the Mental Health Team and deem the patient to be needing the Church, taking all things into consideration, the patients background, whether they are religious etc and that all other avenues have been explored ie: psychosis, schizophrenia etc and with the patients participation and consent and so on...

Taken from the Royal College of Psychiatrists:

The place of chaplaincy/pastoral care

Times have changed. Hospital chaplaincy now involves clergy and others from many faiths, denominations and humanist organisations. Chaplains (also called spiritual advisors) are increasingly part of the teams that provide care both in and outside hospital.

A modern mental health chaplaincy or pastoral care department should:

• have access to a sacred space
  • get on well with local clergy and faith communities
  • provide information about local religious groups, their traditions and practices
  • be aware that, sometimes, an individual's engagement with religious beliefs and activities can be unhelpful and even damaging
  • be able to give advice on difficult issues, such as paranormal influences, spirit possession and the ministry of deliverance
  • work closely with the mental health team so that spiritual needs can be recognised and helped
  • make sure that service users and patients know about them.

Also there is a wealth of literature on the website regarding Spirituality and publications from Psychiatrists from around the UK it makes very surprising reading for some! ::innocent:

Publications Archive: Spirituality and Psychiatry Special Interest Group

http://www.rcpsych.a...irituality.aspx Go to the Archive section.

Although I believe in holistic medicine, for something like schizophrenia (mind occupied by spirits) I would prefer a more medically fit approach, even a technical approach.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120203092031.htm

Although I believe in holistic medicine, for something like schizophrenia (mind occupied by spirits) I would prefer a more medically fit approach, even a technical approach.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120203092031.htm

Hi Paraclese.

I agree Paraclese and that is what they do. The Mental Health teams always assess the patients thoroughly for mental health illnesses and are given the appropriate treatment and medication. But what they are finding is that if the patient is mentally ill (or not) and the patient comes from a religious/spriritual background it can help the patient and can be very beneficial. They look at the patient as a whole and understand that sometimes religion can be the cause or trigger for mental illness or conversely it can be of assistance in times of need. It is not unheard of, that the mental health team are at a loss to understand to what is going on around a patient who is not mentally ill, 'hearing voices' is more common than people think.