Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass Effect 3

ploppy

So is anyone excited for the end of the Mass Effect trilogy? Have you pre-ordered the game?

154475_detail.jpg

I personally can't wait, I love this series! :w00t: :w00t:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ploppy

• Corp

• Ryinrea

• Subsonicjourno

Haven't pre-ordered anything, but I'm definitely hanging out for this one, yah :tu:

Ah yes, "pre-orders". Buying a game before it comes out in order to gain bonus content. We have dismissed these claims.

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft have basically spoiled who the DLC character is, which I really did not want to find out until I played the game. But thanks to a leak of DLC on the XBL site, it's ruined now :wacko:

I became aware of Bioware from playing Knights of the Old Republic. That game is my favourite game of all time, I loved it. The characters, the story and everything. I still pick it up. I follow the lore. And there was never any DLC with it.

I was peeved when I realised that the story of the Ebon Hawk's crew would not be given it's own climatic game like it deserved. Instead the story of Revan was put to a novel and even then it was not wholly completed, for the final ending of his/her story, it went on to the MMO. This is not what the series nor the fans deserve.

Now with Mass Effect, I love the series, I read the books and I replay the games like crazy. I have purchased the past Collector Editions, because I thoroughly enjoy the series. The Mass Effect 3 Collectors Edition, does indeed have groovy items and is pre-ordered by me. But while Bioware has produced games I enjoy immensely it does not mean I am blind to the sudden recent news that is somewhat dodgy and saddening.

The DLC character should be available to every player, regardless of what version of the game they purchase. If it was made prior to launch, it is only fair. Day 1 DLC is frankly, just plain cheeky. If the DLC is already completed, then to ask fans or consumers to purchase it seperately from the game they've just given their money to, it is insulting, rude and unloyal. People say the character isn't integral to the plot or the gameplay, which fair enough. But it's hard to get that message across given the roots of this galactic tale and the species of the DLC character.

The copies being sent into 'space', the petition for alien approval...all this stuff is silly. Yes we're not forced to get involved in any of it, but it doesn't mean people, ESPECIALLY loyal fans can't make their honest opinions known, even if it goes against the developers.

Mass Effect was always going to sell big, I don't know why Bioware are so worried that the latter wouldn't happen. But the alien petition thing is irrelevant to the game and some sort of agenda or gimmick that ha come out of nowhere and serves no purpose.

Like I said I thank Bioware for what it has given us, but at the end of the day we who keep up with Bioware still pay for everything. The N7 edition does not contain anything FREE, we're paying for it all. We're allowed to be peeved on behalf of those that are getting shafted.

So is anyone excited for the end of the Mass Effect trilogy? Have you pre-ordered the game?

154475_detail.jpg

I personally can't wait, I love this series! :w00t: :w00t:

i cant wait , i just hope you can transfer files form stream to origin ,

i heard you have to download origin to play it .

ohhhhhhhhh im so excited no work will be done whilst i play this epic

• 1 month later...

just forget the last five minutes cause it sucks big time.

I'll just say. what I think of the last 10 or 20 minutes of the game as seriously lacking. I been with this game since Mass Effect 1. Hell, I spent over two hundred dollars on these games all together, why the hell didn't my choices matter The only thing this games is pleasing the shooter crowd and the casual gamer type of player who wouldn't play Mass Effect for the story. That ending was a huge let down Bio ware the star child sucked ass.

<_< <_<

"Ah" yes We listen to the RPG's fans, we've dismissed this claim.Damn, I hated the part where I had to talk Kaidan down from shooting me or I'd have to shoot him. He's one of my female Shepard love interest so that hurt a whole lot. :angry: :angry:

So because of that I wished Anderson had shot Undia instead of him just getting punched out in the first Mass Effect.

I remember when Ashely says this is, why I hate politicians in the few cut scenes in Mass Effect 1 and so now my Female Shepard understands, how Ash felt.

Edited by Ryinrea

i take it kaiden died in your playthrough? You can save them, as in mine I talked Ash down and she lived. I didn't lose anyone really cept for the characters who i felt had to die for the greater good. My issue with the ending is that it just didn't make sense, other than that i'm pretty happen with my choices affecting key decisions..it's just that ending gar! :cry:

i take it kaiden died in your playthrough? You can save them, as in mine I talked Ash down and she lived. I didn't lose anyone really cept for the characters who i felt had to die for the greater good. My issue with the ending is that it just didn't make sense, other than that i'm pretty happen with my choices affecting key decisions..it's just that ending gar! :cry:

Kind of All I guess, I picked the wrong choices ugg. Heck, I even tried my damnation to pick the right ones that my Shepard would say in retrospect to Kaidan. Hell, I guess, I didn't have even precession. :unsure: :unsure: So my Shepard just cried for hours in her cabin after that mission. I so wanted to shoot Undia in the face after that and say F you Donnlle Undia after all the **** you put me through you take the one thing I held dear away from me you deserve to ****ing die for that you *******. My Shepard had so much to say to Undia :P :P But no they didn't even allow you that type of conversion :lol: :lol:

lol Sorry letting my anger out! That would have let my Shepherd release some stress so she wouldn't have to suffer from those stupid asses poor telling of PTSD... :angry: :angry: I kind of wish they'd get someone why some knowledge of the true affects of PTSD on someone before they did those cut dream scenes. In retrospect, that's not really how PTSD really works.

Edited by Ryinrea