Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Resurrected" man says he was with zombies

27vet

I was with zombies, 'resurrected' man says

Durban - A man claiming to be resurrected maskandi artist Mgqumeni will appear in the Nquthu Magistrate's Court on Tuesday. ... He claimed to be the multi-award winning traditional Zulu folk music artist who was buried in 2010, whose real name was Khulekani Khumalo.

Read more...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 27vet

• Pookie666

• encouraged

• Paracelse

They should give the man a nice room with soft surfaces and soothing music. :wacko:

I think he will get a regular 4 x 4 room....

'Resurrected' muso in court

Nonhlanhla Majola, girlfriend of maskandi singer Khulekani Kwakhe "Mgqumeni" Mseleku, insists on standing by the imposter claiming to be the musician.

Sibusiso John Gcabashe was arrested on Monday and charged withfraud and perjury after he shocked his family and fans when he was "resurrected" on the weekend, claiming to be Mgqumeni.

He appeared in the Nquthu Magistrate's Court yesterday for fraud and perjury, for claiming to be the dead musician.

But Majola said: "I still believe that this is Mgqumeni and I will stand by him through thick and thin. I know that this is the father of my child."

Gcabashe's appearance seems to have led to a family row with some relatives claiming that it was a con.

Mgqumeni's cousin, Nelisani Mseleku, said the sudden "resurrection" of the singer was a well-orchestrated plan to "steal his wealth".

Mgqumeni owned two taxis and his family has yet to receive royalties from his albums as he died without a will.

From Times Live

The plot thickens ....

This guy could be a gold digger, or he could be telling the truth and there is some really messed up black magic going on. What a fun story! I'd like to have seen his face when he said 'I was in the place with zombies'. If he was able to get through that without cracking up with laughter then he's a pretty good actor.

So what,it is common knowledge that I am the reincarnation of Leonardo,without his brain. I dont go around making any claims.Let leonardo get the praise. Angiolo

I think he will get a regular 4 x 4 room....

From Times Live

The plot thickens ....

You have no idea... This guy doesn't even look remotely like the person he claims to be, plus witnesses saw him being burried...

I love stories like this about my country... :angry:

You have no idea... This guy doesn't even look remotely like the person he claims to be, plus witnesses saw him being burried...

Maybe you can explain why the widow say he's the one? I mean one loony I understand but 2 in the same story that's a bit much.

I say, make him play music, every musician has their certain style of playing. It's almost unique as a fingerprint. Plus, if they gave him a guitar and he fumbled around with it, would be pretty evident. I am 100% certain it's not him but, for those lingering minds that need more proof.

There was a later post on the source site that said they had checked his prints and they don't match and that they are waiting for DNA. But as I wrote on that comment board it is plausible that he, the deceased, might not have been dead but drugged and then revived; kept somewhere in a drug state until he finally escaped. That would have been a great story. Alas, this time it is all too mundane...unless he's a walk-in.

Well its one way to get onto the tv and in the newspapers,then film rights,mega bucks,and I agree with NikkiAidyn,he was just smoking and it wasnt tobacco.

Maybe you can explain why the widow say he's the one? I mean one loony I understand but 2 in the same story that's a bit much.

Maybe he made her a deal... I don't know. But no-one really believes he is "resurrected"...

We're all waiting for the other shoes to drop.

Here is a link to the story with an image of the real singer http://zalebs.howzit...sing-confusion/

Its interesting this version of events starts with Mgqumeni drinking an unknown liquid from a healer. In areas where 'zombies' are seen they have been (supposedly) people drugged and forced to work after a falsified death. Maybe the impostor got his 'zombie' story basis from the original 'poisonous mixture he received from a traditional healer' story?

Maybe he made her a deal... I don't know. But no-one really believes he is "resurrected"...

We're all waiting for the other shoes to drop.

Apparently his estate is in dispute, which suggest she may not be the direct beneficiary of the will - or at least the only one - he could have left everything to his kids or a Manager may be disputing, alot we don't know. But if this guys claims are accepted, he gets it all and she remains his wife - the math is not that hard, follow the money.:devil:

Apparently his estate is in dispute, which suggest she may not be the direct beneficiary of the will - or at least the only one - he could have left everything to his kids or a Manager may be disputing, alot we don't know. But if this guys claims are accepted, he gets it all and she remains his wife - the math is not that hard, follow the money.:devil:

I think you might be right about that.

Wild!

In 1991 or 1992 there was a similar claim of a resurrection reported at a conference I attended in Darwin, Australia. The resurrection occurred among Christians in a Pitjanjatjatjara Aborigine Community in Australia. The speaker said there was no known reason to doubt the claim.

I have no idea if it was true. The wife of the man who reported it was an excellent "European" nurse, i.e. white.

Edited by encouraged

crazy stuff ,they use plants in voodoo that give a dead apperance and paralisys also people are buryed belived to be dead and funly enough rise from the grave ,this where the idea from zombies came from ,this is what i belived may have happened to this man if it hadnt have been such a long time ,he is probely a crook got posined and rose from the grave a week after he was buryed dissappered and came back 2 years later hoping it would help him music career

Getting more ridiculous....

Fans flock to home of 'resurrected' musician

... Word of his return caused thousands of followers to flock - from as far away as Gauteng and the Free State - to his home, where the frail-looking muso was shown to the public for the first time yesterday.

"I am Mgqumeni. And I know that some of you might not believe, but yes, it's true . it's me," he greeted his fans.

"I have been suffering a lot at the place where I was kept with zombies. It was hell there and I am so grateful that I was able to free myself and return to my family and you, my supporters. I promise to continue singing once I gather enough strength," he said.

From Times Live

Edited by 27vet

Interesting. He may have a mental condition, or he may have slipped into an alternate universe. Who really knows? None of us that's for sure.

Latest reports say that he has been sent for psychiatric evaluation, but I think he is the singer and was buried in the pet semetary.

• 4 weeks later...

That's interesting.

Voodoo at work XD

</h3>

<h3 class="intro" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; font-size: 16px; font-family: arial; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); line-height: 1.1; ">A man claiming to be resurrected maskandi artist Khulekani Kwakhe "Mgqumeni" Mseleku appeared in the Nquthu Magistrate's Court on Tuesday.

Sibusiso John Gcabashe, 28, would be back in court on March 14, National Prosecuting Authority spokeswoman for KwaZulu-Natal, Natasha Ramkisson, said.

The matter was postponed to allow a psychiatric report to be presented to the court.

"We are awaiting the psychiatric report."

Gcabashe was taken in for questioning on February 4 and had since been charged with fraud.

He claimed to be the multi-award winning traditional Zulu folk music artist who died in December 2009, and was buried by his family in the KwaGxobanyawo cemetery in early 2010.

Gcabashe is being kept in custody at Dundee prison.

Probably the best place for him at the moment. Keep him safe from those Zombies.

I think you might be right about that.

a simple DNA test should sort things out by testing him and his offspring......