Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained Noises and Feeling of Being Watch

Searching4Truth91

The other night, while I lay in bed trying to sleep, I was listening to my house creak. I started to think about how each time I heard a creak, there would be another shortly after. It reminded me how birds call each other.

Anyways, I turned on my side (because usually that's how I fall asleep) and the creaks began to get louder. Then, I felt my bed move. It didn't actually move, but it was like a very loud creak under my bed and I felt it. I was really scared. Then I had the feeling of being watched. I knew that if I turned around, I was afraid to find someone or something horrid staring at me. So, after a few moments of being frozen in fear, I turned around (with my eyes shut) and turned on my light. As I did this, all the noises seemed to stop.

Anyone want to shed some light on this?

I'm sure that it was nothing. I probably drifted off and imagined it, but I was still very scared.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Searching4Truth91

• Mr.United_Nations

• Sakari

• JewelsNewland

Sounds like a mouse or bugs under the floorboards.

I sure hope not! But, would it have made such a loud sound?

The other night, while I lay in bed trying to sleep, I was listening to my house creak. I started to think about how each time I heard a creak, there would be another shortly after. It reminded me how birds call each other.

Anyways, I turned on my side (because usually that's how I fall asleep) and the creaks began to get louder. Then, I felt my bed move. It didn't actually move, but it was like a very loud creak under my bed and I felt it. I was really scared. Then I had the feeling of being watched. I knew that if I turned around, I was afraid to find someone or something horrid staring at me. So, after a few moments of being frozen in fear, I turned around (with my eyes shut) and turned on my light. As I did this, all the noises seemed to stop.

Anyone want to shed some light on this?

I'm sure that it was nothing. I probably drifted off and imagined it, but I was still very scared.

No one can explain the noises for sure other than a carpenter, or home inspector that can go there.I would bet just settling......Was it windy, was the temperature changing?...( day to night ), etc, etc.

As for the feeling of being watched, and the feeling of the bed moving.

Basically, you heard the creaking, started thinking more about it ( obviously Paranormal in the back of your mind, you do participate here as we all do )....Your mind started to go from curious to fear.

Your mind started messing with you, all of us have done this at one time or another......

I used to do it to one of my former dogs.( when I was younger )....I would sit on the couch when it was quiet, and act like something was down the hall.I would keep looking, and act startled.The dog would slowly but surely start showing fear, or bravery, who knows, but he would start growling in that direction, and eventually run that way barking.

Paranoia [ˌpar.rəˈnoɪ.ə] (adjective: paranoid [ˈpar.rə.noɪd]) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.

Well first of all, do you believe in ghosts? Do you have a reason you would think "someone" would be watching you. Yes it could be a mouse or bugs like others have said, but I don't think you would post here unless you had serious reasons to think it was a ghost. Have you had other things happen? What did you do that day? Certain things in the day heighten the senses to make things seems louder. What do YOU personally think it was, and then we can go from there.

Well first of all, do you believe in ghosts? Do you have a reason you would think "someone" would be watching you. Yes it could be a mouse or bugs like others have said, but I don't think you would post here unless you had serious reasons to think it was a ghost. Have you had other things happen? What did you do that day? Certain things in the day heighten the senses to make things seems louder. What do YOU personally think it was, and then we can go from there.

I do believe in ghosts. I have had experiences on paranormal investigations with friends, but other than that, no.

• 2 months later...

You "felt the bed move" but "it didn't actually move." Things can't simultaneously do both things at once. Which was it?

When you first started hearing the noise there was nothing about it that was paranormal except your own belief that it was. Then you freaked yourself out. There was nothing there when you finally looked, because there was never anything there to begin with.

Our brains are immensely good at tricking us, ESPECIALLY when our very subjective senses get mixed up with beliefs like ghosts and such.

I am the type who gets woken up by a bird breathing outside my window. One night as I was sleeping, I faintly heard my bedroom door squeak. It never squeaks on its own, but we had 5 furry friends who would often open our bedroom door at night. But as I sat up to see what I thought would be one of our cats coming in-- there was nothing.

I knew I had heard our door and therefore something had opened it. As I sat there a minute and my eyes adjusted, I had that 'I am being watched' sensation and it was palpable. I finally saw the distinct outline of a person, in all black against the wall behind my door. I stared at it for probably a good 3-4 minutes, knowing I was looking at a person, but not knowing what the heck to do. It never spoke or moved or made a sound.

Finally, all I could come up with was "Hhheeelllloooo?" Then my silent roommate replied back "Oh, hey it's me.". It was my son, practicing being a Ninja, all dressed in black from head to toe. Yes, I wanted to throw something at him, but refrained from 'stifling his creativity.' lol

I still remember the fear I felt when I realized there was a body behind my door.

Got any brothers or sisters? Any practical jokers in the family who know you believe in ghosts? :D

Edited by QuiteContrary

I think it was just my mind going crazy and the house must've been having pressure changes and that explains the creeking lol

Houses always creek at night. They warm up during the day and cool down at night so are always expanding and contracting, on top of that the ground is also shifting all the time (though extremely slowly). That's why after years you always get small cracks in the plaster between walls and ceilings etc.