Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No man shall see God and live?

ChloeB

I feel like we don't really have the language for these kinds of experiences, other than religious. It's a different sort of consciousness or awareness that is usually spoken of or referred to in religious or spiritual terms, but isn't necessarily either one of those things, IMHO. It could be just a human experience, sort of like learning to read. At first we see all these symbols on the page that make no sense, but eventually we begin to see and understand what they represent. Or like seeing a color-plate of a Reubens or Rembrandt or Seurat in an art book, and then finally standing in front of the real deal, and realizing how much more beautiful, complex and detailed it is. Or like seeing photos of Yosemite and then finally visiting; one really can't get the essence of either without personal experience, and that experience stays with us.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Habitat

• ChloeB

• Paranoid Android

• Alienated Being

23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Does this mean God was the first to invent the Moonie :)

I will say the same thing again.

Maybe the 'god' Moses saw was an impostor. Not the devil or anything like that, just a John Frum figure with incredibly bad temper.

I've been thinking the term "back-side" sounds decidedly unbiblical in terms of language, and wondering if it is a translation or interpretation, which it probably is, what the original language was and how else it could be interpreted. Maybe the semantics needs to be addressed.

No, I wouldn't call them archetypes. I would call these agents (there is actually only one) or avatars, "Gods middleman". This way God can physically manifest himself without his "Glory" tagging along.

I have this image in my mind of Carl Sagans explanation of the 4th dimension, which would help us with this particular discussion. Here is the video...

I would say that the agent or the Avatar, is that part of God which visibly touches our space time continuum.... and thus becomes visible to us. To be shown God in his full Glory, would be to jump into his dimension, that would kill us.

I hope the video helps to explain what I'm driving at.... ^_^

I finally got back to watch this, but that actually makes some sense and is kind of cool to think about that. An avatar is sort of like that 3-dimension apple in all it's "Glory" not being able to be seen in the flatland 2-D world so the cross section of the apple is sort of like the avatar of God, but one dimension below. I've thought about it and thought about it, I can't see what would distinguish Jesus as different in the context of looking at it like this than another angel or messenger or such.

I've been thinking the term "back-side" sounds decidedly unbiblical in terms of language, and wondering if it is a translation or interpretation, which it probably is, what the original language was and how else it could be interpreted. Maybe the semantics needs to be addressed.

I know, it really did sound out of place didn't it? I really don't know about the translation, if something was lost, but it's very possible.

I finally got back to watch this, but that actually makes some sense and is kind of cool to think about that. An avatar is sort of like that 3-dimension apple in all it's "Glory" not being able to be seen in the flatland 2-D world so the cross section of the apple is sort of like the avatar of God, but one dimension below. I've thought about it and thought about it, I can't see what would distinguish Jesus as different in the context of looking at it like this than another angel or messenger or such.

Hi Chloe,

I'm glad you got the time to watch the video, it immediately becomes self explanatory, does it not?

As for your final thought on the issue, it is quite clear cut that we are not dealing with an angel or messenger, because the bible actually demonstrates that the two are One and that the One is actually two...

To understand this concept we have to go back to the bible, and by doing so we come to realize that there are things there that we have never imagined but that the old Rabbis and earlier Israelites were quick to catch on to.

I have been having a discussion on this matter with Dying Seraph on another thread, but I'll post a video I also made available to him so that you can get what I'm saying. I warn you it is 60 minutes long, but I think it will be well worth it to hear what is being taught in this classroom.

Hi Chloe,

I'm glad you got the time to watch the video, it immediately becomes self explanatory, does it not?

As for your final thought on the issue, it is quite clear cut that we are not dealing with an angel or messenger, because the bible actually demonstrates that the two are One and that the One is actually two...

To understand this concept we have to go back to the bible, and by doing so we come to realize that there are things there that we have never imagined but that the old Rabbis and earlier Israelites were quick to catch on to.

I have been having a discussion on this matter with Dying Seraph on another thread, but I'll post a video I also made available to him so that you can get what I'm saying. I warn you it is 60 minutes long, but I think it will be well worth it to hear what is being taught in this classroom.

Yeah, it sure does. I liked that. Thank you for the video, and I've got to be honest, I don't know when I'll have time to watch it, but DS said he was going to watch it, and I'll at least have him fill me in on the highlights for sure. Thanks again, and it's nice to see you back around. We missed you. :yes::)

Edited by ChloeB

Yeah, it sure does. I liked that. Thank you for the video, and I've got to be honest, I don't know when I'll have time to watch it, but DS said he was going to watch it, and I'll at least have him fill me in on the highlights for sure. Thanks again, and it's nice to see you back around. We missed you. :yes::)

Thanks, it was a break I really needed.

Very good. On the other hand, even when God doesn't show up but to talk to you as a transparent entity, say in a small room with you. How will you be able to describe the situation? You are still talking to him "face to face" with His transparent form.

God is MY life , OUR life. God said to Moses , " I am who I am ". God is not mortal , but we are. Which 'we '? The master one who has "the coat of many colours " ? Or the slave one who is in the pit ? No man shall see god and live , no slave shall see his freedom and be . . .