Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] The Pope will die within a year ?

Karlis

The sensational prediction was allegedly made by Cardinal Paolo Romeo, the archbishop of Palermo in Sicily, during a trip to China in November 2011. He seemed so sure of the fact that the people he spoke with, including Italian businessmen and Chinese representatives of the Catholic Church, were convinced that he was talking about an assassination attempt. arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bluefinger

• and-then

• ambelamba

• Beckys_Mom

The Pope Will Die Within a Year?

Pope Benedict XVI will die within a year, according to a top-secret document published on Friday by the Italian daily Il Fatto Quotidiano.

Dismissed by the Vatican as "nonsense not to be taken seriously," the anonymous report is dated Dec 30, 2011.

http://news.discovery.com/history/pope-benedict-death-120910.html

I'll believe it when I see it, to be honest.

Well not to be dismissive but he IS 84. And assassination plots don't usually get a lot of press in advance :innocent:

Reminds me of the prophecy of St. Malachi of armagh. Not that I really believe in the prediction, but I am very interested to see how the single biggest religion in the world can be destroyed in a very short amount of time with great persecution.

I too could die within a year... couldn't we all?

I always suspected he was chosen because he would guarantee a shorter reign than John Paul II. There are special interests at play that are maturing their agendas me thinks but I don't think he will be assassinated, it would have to be prophecy if it happened now and I can't remember any Cardinal ever being capable of that :P .

Edited by libstaK

What's interesting is that the third prophecy of Fatima was supposedly a prediction of the death of Pope Jean-Paul from within the Vatican. I'm wondering if this is along the same lines....

Of course he will with the rest of us in December

Yea and come December nothing happens ( like every other dooms day prediction) those that made the claims or believe in it, all seem to lay low for a bit lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Well given the fact that Romeo denies making the comments it doesn't seem like a prediction at all. The report here seems to simply be there was an investigation by the Vatican. No credible sources are cited claiming there was a prediction to begin with ... ??

Funny, he's looked dead to me for years.

So what, the Catholics are not exactly > :innocent: 's.

Religion is more like > :devil:

The greatest cause of pain and suffering on this planet, disgraceful!

So what, the Catholics are not exactly > :innocent: 's.

Religion is more like > :devil:

The greatest cause of pain and suffering on this planet, disgraceful!

I wouldn't say religion is the greatest cause of pain and suffering on this planet. That would be a bit of a rich claim.

It would be more accurate to say that people who abuse their position and do terrible things in the name of their faith are the greatest cause of pain and suffering.

Why would you bother assassinating the pope :/

Well, there has been a power struggle in the upper echelons of the Papacy, with Bertone being a filter between what is true and what reaches the Pope. He is also responsible for influencing the election of six Italian cardinals. There's also been leaks about corruptiom ar the Vatican bank. Lots of shady stuff happening in Rome right now.

I believe the next pope wilk be Italian and will be the last one to rule over the Vatican.

I always suspected he was chosen because he would guarantee a shorter reign than John Paul II. There are special interests at play that are maturing their agendas me thinks but I don't think he will be assassinated, it would have to be prophecy if it happened now and I can't remember any Cardinal ever being capable of that :P .

Some suspect the John Paul I was poisoned. John Paul II was shot in public.

Well, the way the Third Secret of Fatima says it, Rome will be overrun and the pope will be led out to his execution. So it sounds like the work of anti-catholics. I think interpreters thought it to be communism...because of its opposition to religion when the vision was received.

Reminds me of the prophecy of St. Malachi of armagh. Not that I really believe in the prediction, but I am very interested to see how the single biggest religion in the world can be destroyed in a very short amount of time with great persecution.

I'm following this topic on another thread. The next pope, according to St. Malachy, was to be Peter the Roman...during whose reign Rome will be destroyed. Interestingly enough, vatileaks are revealing suspicion within the Papacy that Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone is rigging the college full of Italian cardinals...

Edited by Bluefinger

Some suspect the John Paul I was poisoned. John Paul II was shot in public.

Well, the way the Third Secret of Fatima says it, Rome will be overrun and the pope will be led out to his execution. So it sounds like the work of anti-catholics. I think interpreters thought it to be communism...because of its opposition to religion when the vision was received.

Or extraterrestrials that really, really hate organized religions.

Seriously, if Catholic Church gets persecuted, do you really think other religions will be exempt from the wrath of persecutor?

Well, there has been a power struggle in the upper echelons of the Papacy, with Bertone being a filter between what is true and what reaches the Pope. He is also responsible for influencing the election of six Italian cardinals. There's also been leaks about corruptiom ar the Vatican bank. Lots of shady stuff happening in Rome right now.

I believe the next pope wilk be Italian and will be the last one to rule over the Vatican.

Agreed - :yes:

Anyone keeping an eye on Islam?

Seriously, if Catholic Church gets persecuted, do you really think other religions will be exempt from the wrath of persecutor?

Nope. Do you think such a revolution can happen soon?

So that means all trips are cancelled to "avoid the Pope's death". I mean this guy might be murdered because he changed so many rules in the religion and mass many believe he did this to snub everything that John Paul II did. Others say he's modernizing the Old Ways of the faith.

The people who think that the Catholic church will be destroyed also tend to think of it as being a political "beast" system. In other words, it will be destroyed not so much for the religious tenets but more because of the political control it exerts at that time.

The people who think that the Catholic church will be destroyed also tend to think of it as being a political "beast" system. In other words, it will be destroyed not so much for the religious tenets but more because of the political control it exerts at that time.

I agree. I think it will mirror the destruction of Jerusalem. Jesus told his Jewish disciples not to get involved with the revolt but to flee as soon as the temple was fortified and armies surrounded Jerusalem. He didn't want their Jewishness to get them killed.

Likewise, Jesus tells his Gentile disciples in Revelation 18 to come out of her (Rome) and not share in her destruction. He doesn't want their Catholicism or Christianity to get them killed.