Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost of an individual hung in the woods?

Skinwalkers Haunted Woods 2005

I photoshopp'ed out the white rectangle around the "ghost"- it's not perfect, but my point is that (as some other people have said) it's a bit difficult to find the "ghost" without it being specifically pointed out.

post-125901-0-81085500-1329351667_thumb.

And here I've outlined the tree the "ghost" is actually part of (again, not perfect but I think it still works).

post-125901-0-68523600-1329351387_thumb.

To be honest if you zoom in far enough, it's even more obvious that it's part of a tree. I don't have a picture of it zoomed in but can post if wanted.

It's a good case of Pareidolia. If there were any reported hauntings in the area I think it would be great fun to go check out...but with the pic you provided, I don't see much except a branch on a fallen tree.

To clarify- not saying this is a set-up, hoax, fakery, etc. Just that you looked a little too deep to find something that's really not even there.

Also, as I re-read this thread, what do you mean by "transparency"? The tree branches taper naturally. As far as I can tell, it's not an issue of transparency but of the tree branch ends and the lighter green leaves begin.

Hmm. Very interesting. I still can't make out the tree, though. I can see how what I'm seeing could be a fallen tree, but I can't actually make it out.

The transparency I was referring to is.. well... I'm not sure how to identify the location. It is near the tree directly in front of the fallen tree. Does that make sense? It appears as if there is a transparent white and I can then see the fallen tree through it.

Can you see it?

- T

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skinwalkers Haunted Woods 2005

• Sakari

• vitruvian12

• nyuk

I have analysed the picture and I have to say that I really do not think this is

a ghost of someone who was hanged in these woods.

Studying the picture and not just the "the Ghost" I have come to the conclusion

that I doubt someone who was going to hang themselves would pick an area of

woods where the trees do not have branches or branches that could hold the

weight of someone who wanted to hang from them.

As for the ghost, I am sure it is just part of the woods and nothing more.

I have analysed the picture and I have to say that I really do not think this is

a ghost of someone who was hanged in these woods.

Studying the picture and not just the "the Ghost" I have come to the conclusion

that I doubt someone who was going to hang themselves would pick an area of

woods where the trees do not have branches or branches that could hold the

weight of someone who wanted to hang from them.

As for the ghost, I am sure it is just part of the woods and nothing more.

The flaw in this conclusion is that, at one time, there may have been a steady branch present. Nature drastically changes.

Now, I'm not saying it IS a ghost and NOT a branch. I just wanted to point that out.

- T

The flaw in this conclusion is that, at one time, there may have been a steady branch present. Nature drastically changes.

Now, I'm not saying it IS a ghost and NOT a branch. I just wanted to point that out.

- T

It is possible I agree but there is no visible marks on those trees as to there being any branches.

Hi, just been reading thread.

I did think i saw something initially, but just couldnt see enough.

I looked again after tiger in a tie did something to lighten the image, but still cannot see for certain.

I agree it looks like it could be a face/woodgrain etc.

Personally, i dont believe you tried to stir up some interest. I dont think its faked. Truthfully, i find it difficult to call.

Could be paradoilia, could be a spirit.

Cannot be 100% certain either way.

Thanks for posting it though, i think its intriguing :)

It is possible I agree but there is no visible marks on those trees as to there being any branches.

This is true.

- T

Hi, just been reading thread.

I did think i saw something initially, but just couldnt see enough.

I looked again after tiger in a tie did something to lighten the image, but still cannot see for certain.

I agree it looks like it could be a face/woodgrain etc.

Personally, i dont believe you tried to stir up some interest. I dont think its faked. Truthfully, i find it difficult to call.

Could be paradoilia, could be a spirit.

Cannot be 100% certain either way.

Thanks for posting it though, i think its intriguing :)

If I "stirred up interest" as a result of my curiosity, then so be it. Certainly not my intentions to do so.

I see a face and a bit of a form. But what I'm seeing could as well be a tree trunk.

- T

Have to say, its good to see the op answering posts and being open to all opinions :)

Well done Skinwalker, this is much better than (just an example, not referring to any particular threads)

I saw a ghost

No you didn't

Then goes downhill rapidly lol

Have to say, its good to see the op answering posts and being open to all opinions :)

Well done Skinwalker, this is much better than (just an example, not referring to any particular threads)

I saw a ghost

No you didn't

Then goes downhill rapidly lol

Well, like I said, I'm open to interpretation.

It would be pretty ignorant to insist "yes, this is a ghost!" because I'm not certain to what it is.

I know exactly the posts you're referencing! Yes. If you're not open to interpretation, why bother posting, you know?

-T

If I "stirred up interest" as a result of my curiosity, then so be it. Certainly not my intentions to do so.

I see a face and a bit of a form. But what I'm seeing could as well be a tree trunk.

- T

When i mentioned stirred up interest

I didnt mean that to come accross as a negative term :)

Unless a subject appears interesting/intriguing, most people dont bother reading or replying to it

nyuk :)

When i mentioned stirred up interest

I didnt mean that to come accross as a negative term :)

Unless a subject appears interesting/intriguing, most people dont bother reading or replying to it

nyuk :)

Indeed.

- T

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry But That Doesn't Look Like Anything To Me .. But That's Just Me, I Might Be Blind :P

Hehe. :rofl:

Sorry But That Doesn't Look Like Anything To Me .. But That's Just Me, I Might Be Blind :P

This is totally off topic but I have noticed it before in other threads....why do you capitalize every word?

I can't see it. At least I don't think I can. I can see what looks like a wizard with a pointy hat, but I can't see any "rope" or "transparency"? Either way, I can't see anything that looks like someone being hanged.

The twisting of the gnarled tree makes it almost look like cloth, especially behind the lighter colored limb coming up just in front of it in the foreground. The time of day is evening I'm guessing and the shadows from branches above and just beyond the area you're looking are casting shadows. This combined with the pixels making everything a little blurred at that distance give it a sense of transparency and the illusion of what seems to be the 'rope'. There are many branches on or around the tree you are seeing and are making it look like something else. Pretty positive I can say you didn't catch anything this time, but thanks for posting. =)