Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aura enveloping an organism

Karlis

Konstantin Korotkov, professor of Computer Science and Biophysics at Saint-Petersburg Federal University of Informational Technologies, Mechanics and Optics in Russia -- His conclusion? "When we observe this play of light around a human body...we understand that our life is not only material body and material existence, but is primarily energy and therefore spirit. It offers new insight into reality. arrow3.gifRead more...
Thoughts and comments?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbie333

• Emma_Acid

• Karlis

• over9millionyearsold

Thoughts and comments?

Okay, I will get bashed for this but here goes my opinion. I believe the physical bodies we have now are just vessels and tools. They are not our real selves. Life is a school, so to speak. Our bodies are for now and our spiritual lives are for a later much more beautiful and full life. I guess we will all see one day.

The article is basically talking about Kirilian photography. I have not yet seen anything that would distinguish this from regular coronal discharge and I have seen a few things that would support the idea that this is coronal discharge.

Okay, I will get bashed for this but here goes my opinion. I believe the physical bodies we have now are just vessels and tools. They are not our real selves. Life is a school, so to speak. Our bodies are for now and our spiritual lives are for a later much more beautiful and full life. I guess we will all see one day.

I feel the same but I can almost Guarantee the pessimist and skeptics will sweep this under the rug like swamp gas stories for UFOs, I think even with valid evidence people believe what they want to believe and no amount of convincing can change their minds to the point where they can argue themselves out of believing anything :tu:

I feel the same but I can almost Guarantee the pessimist and skeptics will sweep this under the rug like swamp gas stories for UFOs, I think even with valid evidence people believe what they want to believe and no amount of convincing can change their minds to the point where they can argue themselves out of believing anything :tu:

I'm pretty sure this goes both ways with optimists and believers as well. :)

Speaking of Kirlian photography, here is a link to a site explaining it rather nicely.

Kirlian Effect Explained

The body probably produces a very weak electrical field which some call an "aura" but there is nothing mystical or metaphysical about it.

Well, this is what you want to be true. There is no evidence for this being true, and it makes absolutely no sense scientifically.

Well, this is what you want to be true. There is no evidence for this being true, and it makes absolutely no sense scientifically.

Yes, this is my belief. Science cannot explain my heart and faith and that is just fine with me.

Yea, I learned the drill in here a long time ago. No use in kickin a dead horse, LOL

Yes, this is my belief. Science cannot explain my heart and faith and that is just fine with me.

If something exists, science can explain it.

If something exists, science can explain it.

I am going to take a wild guess and say you are probably right--98% of the time but...surely you have to believe that there are phenom's not explainable by math or science or what we know so far. Man cannot be so arrogant as to feel this way. Read this quote, it will make you--just maybe--rethink your absolute theory of provability.

"Every generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality ?" — Scott Adams.

Edited by Robbie333

I am going to take a wild guess and say you are probably right--98% of the time but...surely you have to believe that there are phenom's not explainable by math or science or what we know so far. Man cannot be so arrogant as to feel this way. Read this quote, it will make you--just maybe--rethink your absolute theory of provability.

"Every generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality ?" — Scott Adams.

Thats a good quote, but you're missing my point. If something exists, science will be able to, on some level and at some point, explain it. That is not arrogance. That is simply what science does as a tool. Saying "I believe this, and it is not explainable by science" is special pleading. Its unfalsifiable, and not really a useful way of thinking at all.

Thats a good quote, but you're missing my point. If something exists, science will be able to, on some level and at some point, explain it. That is not arrogance. That is simply what science does as a tool. Saying "I believe this, and it is not explainable by science" is special pleading. Its unfalsifiable, and not really a useful way of thinking at all.

Okay, I will agree to disagree, LOL. Have a good one.:yes:

Yeah, the pictures look nice but what they don't tell you is that the specimens need to be sitting on a charged plate in order for it to work, so they're basically acting as a surface conductor.

The quote is ill used and is essentially a platitude. If you think that quote applies to science then I honestly pity you. I cannot seriously even consider an utterance like that congruent with the scientific pursuit of knowledge. But let me break it down for you so you can understand:

"all the answers it needed" - Oh really? please go to any research institute or something like that. Go to each research lab. Ask them why they are researching. Oh please do that.

"assumed would be solved at any moment" - Same as above

"all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded" - Really? So we look back upon our earliest ancestors, whom with no knowledge: controlled fire, built cities, tamed animals, made buildings, developed language and math (and all the things following)? Every time I hear and read anthropological publications (in context of early humans and ancestry), I cannot be anything but awed. The idea you have (if I imagine it correctly is a large fancy ball room with 18th century nobles talking about savages in the wild) on how science represents our ancestry, and all life for that matter, is flat our wrong. When you study something scientifically there is an inherent respect alongside it.

So you are saying you know the limit of what science and math can do? If something exists, it exists. Science observes things that exist. There might be things we can't observe and thus cannot speculate accurately on whether they exist or not. HOWEVER, it does not mean we can't in the future. I wonder if you are even cognizant of your own hypocrisy. If scientific measurements of something cannot be ever, no matter what, measured and deduced then it means it does not exist in a way that would affect anything in the universe.

You say science is arrogance? That is an oxymoron. Are you not the one that claims special knowledge? Are you not the one telling us what we are capable or not capable of? Yes. You. Are.

Are we? No we we only show evidence. Support for our claims, in every sense of the way, while you say, "I just know". Well I'm sorry, I don't know. And I won't claim knowledge unless I see and understand how it looks/works like.

Those who place the lowest standard for knowledge are the most ignorant of all. Knowledge is power. Knowledge is the conduit, rope, and connection to reality. The way I think of it is: I want that rope to be made from adamantium, not fairy dust and delusions.

Your health, home, job, society, and lifestyle would not even remotely be the same as it is without science. The modern world, and all our power, is derived from science. Show a little more respect to the force and discipline that has lifted an entire species above the rest (on Earth) both metaphorically and physically. There is no personal truth. That's just the last level in the bunker of a deluded mind.

I'm willing to believe literally ANYTHING, as long as it can be proven scientifically; not only by my senses, it's not enough, but by as many collaborating people and extensive independent validation.

Edited by over9millionyearsold

The quote is ill used and is essentially a platitude. If you think that quote applies to science then I honestly pity you. I cannot seriously even consider an utterance like that congruent with the scientific pursuit of knowledge. But let me break it down for you so you can understand:

"all the answers it needed" - Oh really? please go to any research institute or something like that. Go to each research lab. Ask them why they are researching. Oh please do that.

"assumed would be solved at any moment" - Same as above

"all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded" - Really? So we look back upon our earliest ancestors, whom with no knowledge: controlled fire, built cities, tamed animals, made buildings, developed language and math (and all the things following)? Every time I hear and read anthropological publications (in context of early humans and ancestry), I cannot be anything but awed. The idea you have (if I imagine it correctly is a large fancy ball room with 18th century nobles talking about savages in the wild) on how science represents our ancestry, and all life for that matter, is flat our wrong. When you study something scientifically there is an inherent respect alongside it.

So you are saying you know the limit of what science and math can do? If something exists, it exists. Science observes things that exist. There might be things we can't observe and thus cannot speculate accurately on whether they exist or not. HOWEVER, it does not mean we can't in the future. I wonder if you are even cognizant of your own hypocrisy. If scientific measurements of something cannot be ever, no matter what, measured and deduced then it means it does not exist in a way that would affect anything in the universe.

You say science is arrogance? That is an oxymoron. Are you not the one that claims special knowledge? Are you not the one telling us what we are capable or not capable of? Yes. You. Are.

Are we? No we we only show evidence. Support for our claims, in every sense of the way, while you say, "I just know". Well I'm sorry, I don't know. And I won't claim knowledge unless I see and understand how it looks/works like.

Those who place the lowest standard for knowledge are the most ignorant of all. Knowledge is power. Knowledge is the conduit, rope, and connection to reality. The way I think of it is: I want that rope to be made from adamantium, not fairy dust and delusions.

Your health, home, job, society, and lifestyle would not even remotely be the same as it is without science. The modern world, and all our power, is derived from science. Show a little more respect to the force and discipline that has lifted an entire species above the rest (on Earth) both metaphorically and physically. There is no personal truth. That's just the last level in the bunker of a deluded mind.

I'm willing to believe literally ANYTHING, as long as it can be proven scientifically; not only by my senses, it's not enough, but by as many collaborating people and extensive independent validation.

First of all, I do not like to be spoken to in a disrespectful manner. I give everyone respect in here and expect the same. I don't know whom you think you are but do not speak to me this way. I am not stupid. I am a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner and have a Masters so... I never tell anyone what I do in here but if you want to get on a high horse then...You really need to tone done your speech and have a reasonable way of batting ideas back and forth. Speaking like this in this forum will only make you enemies. I feel I am a nice person and do not stand for rudeness. Have a good day.

First of all, I do not like to be spoken to in a disrespectful manner. I give everyone respect in here and expect the same. I don't know whom you think you are but do not speak to me this way. I am not stupid. I am a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner and have a Masters so... I never tell anyone what I do in here but if you want to get on a high horse then...You really need to tone done your speech and have a reasonable way of batting ideas back and forth. Speaking like this in this forum will only make you enemies. I feel I am a nice person and do not stand for rudeness. Have a good day.

Right so it's OK to be ignorantly disrespectful? You haughtily claim understanding of "special personal truths" and even assert what the limitations of science is, use non-contextual quotes, and demand respect for just believing in the things you do?

I respect the laws of free-speech and thought. I respect your right to have them because I want them too. The idea that a person is deserving of respect and based on that their beliefs/opinions must be respected too is absurd. You can believe anything you want, in fact I encourage you, but if it's stupid or just ignorant don't be surprised if I don't respect you for it. The same goes for myself. I say what I think and say it how I mean it. Are you that emotionally fragile that I need tell you I respect your ideas, "Oh, Robbie333 you know what I can see where you are coming from but let's just say we agree to disagree.", all the while I think that what you say is stupid? You may sound respectful, but I highly doubt that you actually are. You know why? Because you only respect the things you agree with while insult others ignorantly. You don't consider the insult insulting because you don't respect the institution in the first place.

"There are things for me that science cannot and will not answer. *insert paragraph of wishy-washy new age mysticism or some other religious muttering*. end with quote from celebrity". The "there are things science cannot answer" is a religiously constructed phrase that undermines the public opinion, and something too many people are willing to accept. Used when science was but a fledgling and when "magic" was more dominant. Science does not have all the answers yet it's the only discipline that has actually answered some of the biggest questions we had, and will answer in the near and far future.

I find that the only people who are overly cordial, respectful, and demand the same from others are people with weak ideas. Any sign of danger they jump behind "respect" and all of a sudden anything you say is invalid because they are insulted by it.

Right so it's OK to be ignorantly disrespectful? You haughtily claim understanding of "special personal truths" and even assert what the limitations of science is, use non-contextual quotes, and demand respect for just believing in the things you do?

I respect the laws of free-speech and thought. I respect your right to have them because I want them too. The idea that a person is deserving of respect and based on that their beliefs/opinions must be respected too is absurd. You can believe anything you want, in fact I encourage you, but if it's stupid or just ignorant don't be surprised if I don't respect you for it. The same goes for myself. I say what I think and say it how I mean it. Are you that emotionally fragile that I need tell you I respect your ideas, "Oh, Robbie333 you know what I can see where you are coming from but let's just say we agree to disagree.", all the while I think that what you say is stupid? You may sound respectful, but I highly doubt that you actually are. You know why? Because you only respect the things you agree with while insult others ignorantly. You don't consider the insult insulting because you don't respect the institution in the first place.

"There are things for me that science cannot and will not answer. *insert paragraph of wishy-washy new age mysticism or some other religious muttering*. end with quote from celebrity". The "there are things science cannot answer" is a religiously constructed phrase that undermines the public opinion, and something too many people are willing to accept. Used when science was but a fledgling and when "magic" was more dominant. Science does not have all the answers yet it's the only discipline that has actually answered some of the biggest questions we had, and will answer in the near and far future.

I find that the only people who are overly cordial, respectful, and demand the same from others are people with weak ideas. Any sign of danger they jump behind "respect" and all of a sudden anything you say is invalid because they are insulted by it.

I have met you before. Many of you. Arrogant, angry and narcissistic. In the beginning my claim of science not being able to answer all was and is my opinion. I am not "New Age". I was educated using a scientific thought process. I wholly believe in the science of our realm and almost all can be explained by math and science. My only error--evidently--was allowing a 2% doubt in science and math explaining anything. I felt this a very reasonable guess. Get off of your soapbox and quit pounding your chest. You are not omni potent. As far as respect and my asking for this in return being a " weakness" this is where we really differ. These are strengths in my world. You putting respect in a weakness column spoke volumes to me. As I said, I already know you. Have a good day sir. I feel this might interest you. A little something I studied in college -- http://www.friesian.com/hermenut.htm

Edited by Robbie333

I'm with YOU, Robbie!

... and the time we spend in our physical bodies is like the blink of an eye.

over9millionyearsold and Robbie333 -- enough of this bickering, please.

Karlis -- moderator team member

I got you Kar. I just had to say what I did. Rude post tend to irk me. I am done. Thanks for being polite about it all.

Edited by Robbie333