Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
NatureBoff

Sumatran Orang Pendek Hairs Match Rock Hyrax

93 posts in this topic

So only unemployed people lie and people with jobs tell the truth? What a truly remarkable and simple world you live in.

Logic: He has it in spades.

Posted (edited)

He's not interested in being called a 'fake' etc. Why would someone with a professional career with birds of prey put his reputation in jeopardy if not totally genuine? That's the kind of thing unemployed people do, surely?

Um.. no, that's the kind of thing anyone who desperately wants to boost their reputation does. You'd be surprised how easy it is to edit photos convincingly.

[Edit] And just because he takes photos of birds of prey doesn't make him a master of mammalia.

Edited by Morreh

So what line of work are you in v'?

I build custom cabinets and handrailing.

I build custom cabinets and handrailing.

Okay, thanks. Interesting. I had a feeling it was something based indoors.

Posted (edited)

Okay, thanks. Interesting. I had a feeling it was something based indoors.

And you? I also spent 12 years as a commercial fisherman on the BC coast from vancouver to alaska, but I never saw a sea serpent or anything else. Travelling up and down the coast you see completely uninhabited isolated areas of wilderness, prime locations for your female hyrax to be fishing.

Edited by vitruvian12

Logic: He has it in spades.

If only he had it in his head rather then the shovel in his hands we'd be so better off.

So only unemployed people lie and people with jobs tell the truth? What a truly remarkable and simple world you live in.

Yeah the OP has clearly lost his mind.

Yeah the OP has clearly lost his mind.

I'm willing to bet that either a Hyrax or Glowbird stole it :rofl:

And you? I also spent 12 years as a commercial fisherman on the BC coast from vancouver to alaska, but I never saw a sea serpent or anything else. Travelling up and down the coast you see completely uninhabited isolated areas of wilderness, prime locations for your female hyrax to be fishing.

I spent 8 years in the scientific defence industry before volunteering and travel. I was a self employed garden fencer for a while where I picked-up some practical skills. I just applied for a job in care support work for people with autism, but got the 'on this occassion' letter Saturday. I'll continue to create and build my 'kayak for the disabled' venture and intend to take my buddy with MS out by the end of the summer, all things going well.. :)

How can one unconfirmed species be identified as another unconfirmed species ?

Not only that but the Orang Pendek is supposed to be a small bipedal ape-like creature, not a giant dog.

That answer makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, there's nowhere to even begin rebuking it - it's ridiculous.

HAHAHA!!

The ultimate sign of a successful UM troll - Saru has been drawn into the argument!! :w00t:

..yawn...I'm sorry but I've been through this discussion before a long time ago. I've spoken to the man who took the photograph who's a professional with birds of prey and lives and works in Dartmoor. He has dogs himself. It definitely *wasn't* a dog he said. It didn't move like one. It was more feline-like in motion.

P.S. There's a mention of the Orang Pendek in this month's issue of Focus magazine.

Guess you missed this article of a family living close to the man who took the shots and has a dog that is nearly identical to the supposed Dartmoor Beast in the photos

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-472909/Thats-Beast-Dartmoor--pet-dog.html

Guess you missed this article of a family living close to the man who took the shots and has a dog that is nearly identical to the supposed Dartmoor Beast in the photos

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-472909/Thats-Beast-Dartmoor--pet-dog.html

He's aware of it. Why accept a perfectly reasonable explanation for something when there's a fantastically far fetched one that will work just as well?

Although not as similar as the juvenile Mackenzie River wolf escaped at the time from the Dartmoor Wildlife Zoo.

FYI

Thats not Cornwall

Err...Sumatra actually

Err...Sumatra actually

You you were talking about Cornwall, or have you changed because you have been defeated?

Anyone with a degree could compare the hair sample magnification of the medulla with the rock hyrax and conclude that they are the closest match by far of all the known animals tested. Let's try to keep things relevant to the OP please.

1 person likes this