Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus Tshirts banned

The Id3al Experience

I have a question for you guys....especially those in support of it being banned...what would you think of a shirt with an image of Muhammad on it being banned? Some people find that very offensive, wouldn't like their kids seeing that, where does this cross the line? Is it the image of the nun m********ing with the crucifix, the explicit sexual nature of it? And one more question, my friend's hubs has a shirt that she despises, which only makes it funnier, but he has this t-shirt that says..."it's not going to suck itself" and she hates it, it embarrasses her when he wears it and the shocked looks he gets. LOL, I think it's funny, but I'm not married to the guy, but people are so uptight, it's humorous to me people get all bothered over a piece of cloth they wear with some words they don't like, but anyway that's got a sexual nature of it, probably would be demeaning to women if one wanted to get her panties in a twist over it, so would you think his t-shirt be banned? Why I'm asking is I'm thinking most are going to give a no on Muhammad's t-shirt and my friend's t-shirt, so I'm curious where this one crosses over exactly is what I was trying to understand.

Edited by ChloeB

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• Beckys_Mom

• Paranoid Android

• Kazahel

I have a question for you guys....especially those in support of it being banned...what would you think of a shirt with an image of Muhammad on it being banned? Some people find that very offensive, wouldn't like their kids seeing that, where does this cross the line?

Good question Chloe.. Where does it end? Where an we draw the line?

Me personally being not religious and I do not believe in Jesus.. I cannot feel the same kind of offence as a Christian would ..All I can do is understand why a Christian would feel offended and I can see their point obviously... Just like I am not Muslim and therefore cannot be offended if Muhammed is on a t-shirt.. but I know the so many Muslims will feel it is wrong...

But I view sexual images and swearing on clothing as trashy, it is my personal view.. But I can blank them out... I rarely ever see them anyway.. I have seen more evil / rude tattoos on people than I have seen rude clothing... I care not to worry over it.. If I do not like it, I am not obligated to sit and stare at them.. I can carry on about my day without bothering myself over it..

Same with IE - Music.. The music that has swearing in the lyrics and some lyrics about having sex and so on is not something I would want my kid to listen to... But I cannot sit and complain about others listening to it .. What people chose to do is their business ...

I am sure many here have seen the horror movie - The Exorcist ? .......There is a disturbing scene that I recall did in fact upset many religious people, where the girl who was possessed using the holy crucifix in the same manner as described on the nun t-shirt in the OP... This movies was once banned, and I think that content had a lot to do with it... I was banned from watching it as a kid by my folks...I had heard about it, but I didn't care to watch it back then... I think that is where my daughter gets it from, if she see's something that is not looking normal and questionable.. If I tell her - Look don't ask, just know it is dirty trash that only clueless people like... She then will not press on that issue and push to know more.. I was the same as a child . Once I was told it was disgusting and not worth looking at.. I let it alone..

I would never approve of my daughter wearing any clothing like that... Not as long as she is under my roof and my responsibility... But that's it.. I only care to look out for my family ..What other people want to wear is none of my business

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I have seen more evil / rude tattoos on people than I have seen rude clothing... I care not to worry over it.. If I do not like it, I am not obligated to sit and stare at them.. I can carry on about my day without bothering myself over it..

You know that's something I didn't think of, about the tattoos. Would someone who supported banning this shirt, ban a person, like maybe with white supremacist symbols tattoos, from public view? I think you have to be careful with this sort of thing. It's funny and I think we see it clearly here and my friend who is Catholic, we always laugh about she was raised, it was fine to watch movies with violence, but SEX was what upset her mother, SEX!! Hacking someone up, chopping off heads, no big deal, but sex we are as a society far more uncomfortable with as with the nun here. Hell, parents will even buy their kids those shirts. Have someone running around with some gross shirt of a body shooting blood off and a few limbs dangling off, no one would bat an eyelash, but sex and saying something bad about God, oh now thems be fighting words! How far removed are we from the days the influence of the church, as a society? Not much me thinks.

Edited by ChloeB

Kazahael and psyche101 - Let's end the argument about personal opinions of a person's avatar. We all have our opinions on different member's avatars (even me), and whether we like them or not, or whether we feel they are offensive or not, the bigger question is whether it breaks site rules. There are two facts of note in this case:

1- Considering the length of time this avatar has existed, if it were insulting, the moderating team would have removed it by now.

2- Failing that, if an avatar were overlooked by moderators, arguing about it within a thread is not the way to go about changing things. The Report button exists for a reason. Use it!

In this instance, I have a very simple experiment that should resolve the situation - type in both the BC phrase and the C word that you are arguing about, then preview the post. Note how the forum language filter responds to both phrases!

Enough said! Back to the topic, please!

~ Paranoid Android!

:nw:

Thank you. I agree with every thing that you have said.

Everyone here has made some very valid points and I agree to some degree with all of them however there is one thing that i do not think has been addressed and that is..

When you wear a shirt bearing such a "in-your-face" type slogan then what type of comment do you think you are really making to others? In other words what do you think that it truly says about you?

Exactly. IN fact I did say this several posts ago, but most of the pertinent points in my posts have been ignored.

Similar has happened before once or twice actually.. She saw a dirty post set in the street and asked about it... I told her it was just something dirty and disguising, that only those with no clue will like.. She accepts that and never used further.. She is told not to look at them, only silly ignorant people will star at them... She believes me.. and does just that..

My kids are more inquisitive than that, and if Mum and Dad do not like a thing, it must be investigated.

I have a question for you guys....especially those in support of it being banned...what would you think of a shirt with an image of Muhammad on it being banned? Some people find that very offensive, wouldn't like their kids seeing that, where does this cross the line? Is it the image of the nun m********ing with the crucifix, the explicit sexual nature of it? And one more question, my friend's hubs has a shirt that she despises, which only makes it funnier, but he has this t-shirt that says..."it's not going to suck itself" and she hates it, it embarrasses her when he wears it and the shocked looks he gets. LOL, I think it's funny, but I'm not married to the guy, but people are so uptight, it's humorous to me people get all bothered over a piece of cloth they wear with some words they don't like, but anyway that's got a sexual nature of it, probably would be demeaning to women if one wanted to get her panties in a twist over it, so would you think his t-shirt be banned? Why I'm asking is I'm thinking most are going to give a no on Muhammad's t-shirt and my friend's t-shirt, so I'm curious where this one crosses over exactly is what I was trying to understand.

It is the sexual depiction coupled with the use of the C Word, and that would be OK at a Cradle of Filth Concert, but these are being sold in tourist shops at family destinations so the local authorities banned them because they were being seen in inappropriate places. If someone had a picture f Mohamed on a T Shirt, that would not phase me one bit, but if they has a highly sexualised picture of Mohammed with profanities with it then I would object to it.

You know that's something I didn't think of, about the tattoos. Would someone who supported banning this shirt, ban a person, like maybe with white supremacist symbols tattoos, from public view? I think you have to be careful with this sort of thing. It's funny and I think we see it clearly here and my friend who is Catholic, we always laugh about she was raised, it was fine to watch movies with violence, but SEX was what upset her mother, SEX!! Hacking someone up, chopping off heads, no big deal, but sex we are as a society far more uncomfortable with as with the nun here. Hell, parents will even buy their kids those shirts. Have someone running around with some gross shirt of a body shooting blood off and a few limbs dangling off, no one would bat an eyelash, but sex and saying something bad about God, oh now thems be fighting words! How far removed are we from the days the influence of the church, as a society? Not much me thinks.

I would complain about it. My kids do not watch violent movies. My kids have no items of clothing that depict violence, Ben Ten is about as violent as they get.

If you can ban tattoos of racist symbols in public view I think it should be done, I see that as inciting violence. I do not consider racism to be free speech.

grandpa-simpson-yelling-at-cloud-simpsons-funny-pictures.jpg

My kids are more inquisitive than that, and if Mum and Dad do not like a thing, it must be investigated.

My 6 yr old is not bothered to wonder what we call disgusting really is...Kids differ.. It is high time people realised that we are not all programmed to act and think the same way..

I teach my child what is right and what is wrong.. But how I do it is my own business ...If I tell her at such a young age not to look at images, she will obey me and not care to do it..

Later on in life she may ask more questions... and by that time I will feel what is more appropriate for me to talk to her about

Example - Not that long ago, with me being so pregnant now.. she asked me outright - mommy, how do you get pregnant ? My reply was simple - Mommy and daddy asked God for a baby...its up to God to bless us ...<--I am not going to tell her about sex at just 6 yrs old.she would not understand.. I do not feel she is ready.............. When she is ready in a few years, then I will make it my business to explain more to her

So when she ever lays eyes on something sexual and disgusting.. she will view it as trash .and ignore it ..I am happy with that.. for now at least

Same with IE - Music.. The music that has swearing in the lyrics and some lyrics about having sex and so on is not something I would want my kid to listen to... But I cannot sit and complain about others listening to it .. What people chose to do is their business ...

Again, this too has become an issue in Australia over the last 12 months.

Sexy Music Videos Banned on TV 'Down Under' to Protect Kids

A Senate committee in Australia has proposed to ban sexy music videos from Saturday morning TV to protect children from inappropriate material.

The Senate inquiry into sexualisation of children by the media called for a review of music video classifications and for the introduction of separate free-to-air kids’ television channels.

Teen magazines containing sexually explicit content are also likely to appear with warning labels on the newsstands.

The inquiry heard evidence that young children were regularly being exposed to inappropriate sexual material through TV, magazines and billboard advertising.

Violence is next I believe.

Some people have been complaining, and the kids part of the world is getting cleaned up, so I applaud the complainers. The world is for everyone, not just those that want to watch it burn. There is a time and a place for everything, no need to get in other peoples faces, many of us do not like that and will push back.

My 6 yr old is not bothered to wonder what we call disgusting really is...Kids differ.. It is high time people realised that we are not all programmed to act and think the same way..

I teach my child what is right and what is wrong.. But how I do it is my own business ...If I tell her at such a young age not to look at images, she will obey me and not care to do it..

Later on in life she may ask more questions... and by that time I will feel what is more appropriate for me to talk to her about

Example - Not that long ago, with me being so pregnant now.. she asked me outright - mommy, how do you get pregnant ? My reply was simple - Mommy and daddy asked God for a baby...its up to God to bless us ...<--I am not going to tell her about sex at just 6 yrs old.she would not understand.. I do not feel she is ready.............. When she is ready in a few years, then I will make it my business to explain more to her

So when she ever lays eyes on something sexual and disgusting.. she will view it as trash .and ignore it ..I am happy with that.. for now at least

Yes kids do differ, greatly, and I am pleased that it is so easy for you. It is not that easy for all of us. My kids are intensely curious about everything they see, and a simple explanation does not always cut the mustard. I am not looking forward to "the talk". And then there is outside influences from other kids. Life is hard enough without having some idiot throw filth in your face for yet another daily challenge.

Yes kids do differ, greatly, and I am pleased that it is so easy for you. It is not that easy for all of us. My kids are intensely curious about everything they see, and a simple explanation does not always cut the mustard. I am not looking forward to "the talk". And then there is outside influences from other kids. Life is hard enough without having some idiot throw filth in your face for yet another daily challenge.

It may be easy so far for me.. But with this new kid on the way, he might not be like Becky... Kids differ... Becky just takes after me in that respect...... Not get bothered too much to care .. She will focus on the more kiddie like images and other things...

If I make it my business to expose my child at such a young age about sex and disgusting swear words.and I explain it all to her in a more detailed graphic sense.....What would that do to her tiny little mind? ... She will be likely to repeat it in her class at primary school.. Goodness knows what the teachers will think of what goes on in our house. Imagine it going around her class mates.?. Then angry parents knocking on my door....Not every parent will feel their 5 - 6 yr old is ready for all that.. It is called an advanced education for a reason lol ..

All my kid needs to know for now is - Not to get bothered about any bad language or worry about the rare image she might see... She is to view them as disgusting and wrong to look at or repeat... She obeys us..and If you call that having it easy.. Then so be it.. I guess in that respect I am lucky huh?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I disagree.. I say all is equal in the eyes of God and for me too.. I have heard many people say we are all equal in the eyes of God You like to make the difference because you will favour the religious people as more important.. I think it is wrong to view others more important over a belief system... It is hardly noble to show any form of favouritism towards someone all because you favour a belief system more... Way I see it i, if someone insults a religious person and a non religious person .. then they have treated both people equally with disrespect in my opinion ..

I was taught in school by a lot of nuns.. trust me they would soon answer back.. They took no nonsense off anyone and they were indeed strict.. Some were not nice to get to know.. some where.. It depends on the person

OK, so you see a wife beater and a Salvation Army volunteer as the same person. I do not. You can reserve that right, but I will not agree with it.

Answer back? Are you telling me that a Nun will walk up to some clown with that shirt on and politely ask them why they see a Nun in that way and sit down to tea and cucumber sandwiches to discuss the matter? People that would depict a Nun as such have no respect for anyone, that much is obvious, and I do not believe for a second that a Nun is going to have a hope at discussing the matter with some idiot hellbent on fouling up public space so that the person can be the centre of attention. They might be strict in a classroom with Catholic Schoolgirls, but they are not going to be capable of defending themselves against some idiot in the street who thinks they are accomplishing something noble by picking on a harmless girl. I do not think you were being completely serious when you typed this.

It is not a difference, I would be just as annoyed with someone that wore a shirt promoting domestic violence with a highly sexualised picture of a stereotypical housewife on it. Bullies are bullies. It has nothing to do with a belief system a belief system happens to be involved in this instance, and the weakest component is being picked upon. You are trying to create arguments now where none exist.

It may be easy so far for me.. But with this new kid on the way, he might not be like Becky... Kids differ... Becky just takes after me in that respect...... Not get bothered too much to care .. She will focus on the more kiddie like images and other things...

If I make it my business to expose my child at such a young age about sex and disgusting swear words.and I explain it all to her in a more detailed graphic sense.....What would that do to her tiny little mind? ... She will be likely to repeat it in her class at primary school.. Goodness knows what the teachers will think of what goes on in our house. Imagine it going around her class mates.?. Then angry parents knocking on my door....Not every parent will feel their 5 - 6 yr old is ready for all that.. It is called an advanced education for a reason lol ..

All my kid needs to know for now is - Not to get bothered about any bad language or worry about the rare image she might see... She is to view them as disgusting and wrong to look at or repeat... She obeys us..and If you call that having it easy.. Then so be it.. I guess in that respect I am lucky huh?

Yes indeed you are lucky, I find life a challenge, and that I have to work for everything that is worthwhile. It just means to me if something is worthwhile, effort will be required. For those of us that do not have it so easy, I do not think asking to keep the streets clean is all that big an ask to be quite honest.

ETA As you can see from the links that I have provided, that such behaviour being frowned upon it is not out of Character here in Oz or NZ, and this article is about South New Zealand, where I try to spend as much of my year as I can, and hope to retire in as I have a residence there, so in a way I feel that is my country too, and I am quite happy with the laws here (we regard NZ as a sister state) regarding swearing and filth in public. It might be fine where you are, but it is not here, and it is not where the article is from, so I really do not see why the major objections to me agreeing with local authorities and keeping the space I reside in clean. And I do not think it is right for you to tell me to change that because where you are, you find a more liberal approach is just fine with you.

Edited by psyche101

Again, this too has become an issue in Australia over the last 12 months.

Sexy Music Videos Banned on TV 'Down Under' to Protect Kids

So they just couldn't put them on at a later time at night? Like prime time viewing? that is how it is done over here ...

Some people have been complaining, and the kids part of the world is getting cleaned up, so I applaud the complainers.

I applaud the complainers who are not pickers and choosers.. I never can applaud complainers who will be more biased to suit themselves..Pick some to get more annoyed with and leave out the rest... I see them as a waste of time .. Well that is how I generally view it all in that respect

I also applaud people who feel it is right to ignore it..especially if it is a rare thing to see.. like those t-shirts.. We do not really see that sort of thing over here... Another reason why I cannot go getting my pants in a twist over it.. If I had to look at it in clothing stories everywhere.. then yea I might kick up a fuss complaining that I cannot enter a clothing store without seeing dirty logos, sexual images and so on... Darn straight i'll give off.....But as there are not any in my area.. I rarely ever see anything like it, then I have no real reason to complain....It doesn't mean I approve like you thought earlier... I like to ignore things that annoy me usually.. it helps ..

This has me rather confused, is the graphic depiction not an easier way for your daughter to get the message that someone is trying to get across? What do you think a graphic picture does to her tiny little mind? No explanation necessary there is there? And if she discusses the T Shirt with her classmates? What would that mean?

Yes indeed you are lucky, I find life a challenge, and that I have to work for everything that is worthwhile. It just means to me if something is worthwhile, effort will be required. For those of us that do not have it so easy, I do not think asking to keep the streets clean is all that big an ask to be quite honest.

Any decent parent would do all to shield their kids as much as possible from seeing that stuff...

From how you are talking about this and your reactions, you have gave me the impression that Australia is filled with dirty graphic images and swear words all over the place.. I get that impression from what you post and how you react.. I sit thinking WOW his home land must be riddled with it for him to get on like that....I so would not want to visit that place with my kid if it is like that.... You mentioned how you want to retire to New Zealand .. So that added to my views <--- Now bare in mind, this is not what you have said.. it is a picture that is painted in my mind going on your reactions alone and how seriously you have reacted..I thought it must be everywhere ...If I am wrong and I have gotten the wrong impression.. Let me know

For if it was just one store that got banned.. then it would be a rare thing to see in Austarlia right?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

So they just couldn't put them on at a later time at night? Like prime time viewing? that is how it is done over here ...

That is exactly the solution. Now there is categorisation of music videos. All legal like, and all stations have to follow the rule.

I applaud the complainers who are not pickers and choosers.. I never can applaud complainers who will be more biased to suit themselves..Pick some to get more annoyed with and leave out the rest... I see them as a waste of time .. Well that is how I generally view it all in that respect

I also applaud people who feel it is right to ignore it..especially if it is a rare thing to see.. like those t-shirts.. We do not really see that sort of thing over here... Another reason why I cannot go getting my pants in a twist over it.. If I had to look at it in clothing stories everywhere.. then yea I might kick up a fuss complaining that I cannot enter a clothing store without seeing dirty logos, sexual images and so on... Darn straight i'll give off.....But as there are not any in my area.. I rarely ever see anything like it, then I have no real reason to complain....It doesn't mean I approve like you thought earlier... I like to ignore things that annoy me usually.. it helps ..

I do not feel people who ignore it deserve applause, I think these are non confrontational people who would rather watch the world burn than lift a finger. We are all part of this society, so we all have rights, and we have a task that we all must complete if we all want to live together in any state of being. I think it is more proactive to resolve issues for everyone rather than just let everyone do what they want, heck, I want I want a brand new house On an episode of Cribs And a bathroom I can play baseball in And a king size tub big enough For ten plus me I'll need a credit card that's got no limit And a big black jet with a bedroom in it Gonna join the mile high club At thirty-seven thousand feet I want a new tour bus full of old guitars My own star on Hollywood Boulevard Somewhere between Cher and James Dean is fine for me

Ohh yeah, and so does Chad Kroeger.

But the article is about the space I frequent, not the space you frequent, unless you spend a lot of time in New Zealand. And the sales were in the face of the public. It's hardly denying someone a basic right, it's simply part of living in a society.

This has me rather confused, is the graphic depiction not an easier way for your daughter to get the message that someone is trying to get across? What do you think a graphic picture does to her tiny little mind? No explanation necessary there is there? And if she discusses the T Shirt with her classmates? What would that mean?

Nope............ If I feel she is not ready to know about all the dirty sex stuff at just 6 years olf then she is not ready... She rarely has ever seen anything like it ...I think she saw one dirty pic once or twice and that's it... I am not going to put stuff in graphic detail in her mind over a pic she glanced at... It rarely happens... AI mean RARELY.. We do not see people go around like that over here with that kind of clothing either...

And I am not going to risk her going around her school telling other 5 and 6 yr olds in her class the dirty graphic nature of what I have described.. No thank you.. When she is older and more mature to understand more.. then I will cross that bridge when I come to it

I do not feel people who ignore it deserve applause, I think these are non confrontational people who would rather watch the world burn than lift a finger. We are all part of this society, so we all have rights,

I think they do if they rarely ever see it.. in many cases not see it on the streets ...I see no reason to complain... But just because people can ignore certain things, does not mean they will ignore more harmful things like you mention the world burn ...<-- that is jumping from one extreme to another...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Any decent parent would do all to shield their kids as much as possible from seeing that stuff...

From how you are talking about this and your reactions, you have gave me the impression that Australia is filled with dirty graphic images and swear words all over the place.. I get that impression from what you post and how you react.. I sit thinking WOW his home land must be riddled with it for him to get on like that....I so would not want to visit that place with my kid if it is like that.... You mentioned how you want to retire to New Zealand .. So that added to my views <--- Now bare in mind, this is not what you have said.. it is a picture that is painted in my mind going on your reactions alone and how seriously you have reacted..I thought it must be everywhere ...If I am wrong and I have gotten the wrong impression.. Let me know

For if it was just one store that got banned.. then it would be a rare thing to see in Austarlia right?

That is all I am doing, is trying to keep my place clean, I have already said that if they were being sold at a COF concert, and the concert was 18+, that would be just fine.

Australia is like anywhere. If you go into the Cross in Sydney, The Valley in Brisbane or St Kilda in Victoria, yes, you will see dirty streets, hookers, druggies in the gutters if you visit certain parts People are people, and this contingent is not unique to any one place in the world. I am not sure how you got that impression when I have shown you several laws about not being able to swear here in the street, or the video censoring. That is how we get the tag "The Nanny State" and I am quite OK with that. Actually, the "nanny" in the ads looks like a bondage mistress so I am not entirely sure it depicts what it is supposed to but if the land was riddled as you depict, we would not have this tag or these laws. Not sure how you get that impression to be quite honest.

I do not know how rare it would be in Australia, in this thread I have also mentioned "Wicked Camper Vans" who recently got in trouble for displaying huge slogans across their vans degrading women. Ironically, the owner is a Kiwi (Aussie term for New Zealander) This happened within the last 12 months is memory serves, so it is not an isolated incident. But the laws seem much tougher in the states considering cases like this:

'Yankees Suck' T-shirt banned from stadium

Which makes the Cradle of Filth decision look pretty well justified I would think?

Australia is like anywhere. If you go into the Cross in Sydney, The Valley in Brisbane or St Kilda in Victoria, yes, you will see dirty streets, hookers, druggies in the gutters if you visit certain parts People are people,

Not what I was asking you... I wanted to know if Australia was riddled with clothing stores like the one banned in the OP//. Because of your reactions.. I felt it must be? So is it..riddled with that sort of clothing stores all over.... or is it rare now to see such a store with that line of clothing?

FYI no Australia is not like everywhere.. you assume it is.. But where I live at present we are nothing like that.. I think you would need to live in bigger cities to see that trash... I don't.. I live in a neat country side / village . .small town close by.. .None of the trash seen in it like you mentioned ..I guess that is why my kid doesn't see too much graphic images huh?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Nope............ If I feel she is not ready to know about all the dirty sex stuff at just 6 years olf then she is not ready... She rarely has ever seen anything like it ...I think she saw one dirty pic once or twice and that's it... I am not going to put stuff in graphic detail in her mind over a pic she glanced at... It rarely happens... AI mean RARELY.. We do not see people go around like that over here with that kind of clothing either...

And I am not going to risk her going around her school telling other 5 and 6 yr olds in her class the dirty graphic nature of what I have described.. No thank you.. When she is older and more mature to understand more.. then I will cross that bridge when I come to it

That is what I am saying, this picture is saying all that dirty sex stuff without a person uttering a word. You have read the description of the image, lets face it, it would not take a genius to work out what is going on there, and your daughter cannot "unsee" the filth that may be forced upon her before her time because someone wanted to look tough rather than exercise a little common courtesy. Any child that sees such extreme and explicit filth has just has a smidgeon of innocence stolen I feel.

I think they do if they rarely ever see it.. in many cases not see it on the streets ...I see no reason to complain... But just because people can ignore certain things, does not mean they will ignore more harmful things like you mention the world burn ...<-- that is jumping from one extreme to another...

In this case it was on the streets. So I agree completely with the decision to ban the sales.

I think some people do ignore everything around them, that is the type of person I think of when you offer the description that you did. Someone who does not care one bit, they just want their life to be a happy little place. I do not feel it works like that in a society. The world burning is an expression. Surely you have heard it before?

Not what I was asking you... I wanted to know if Australia was riddled with clothing stores like the one banned in the OP//. Because of your reactions.. I felt it must be? So is it..riddled with that sort of clothing stores all over.... or is it rare now to see such a store with that line of clothing?

OK, sorry, got that completely wrong, in the tourist areas like Surfers Paradise yes, heaps of tourist shops that set up and shut down overnight, and they sell T Shirts between $5 and $50 as a major stock item. They are all over the entrance, tables full in the doorway etc. Mostly cheap ripoffs of major brands. Flea Markets are riddled with such stands.

Example - Main Street Surfers Paradise, about 4 shops in a row on the main street.

surfersparadiseshops.jpg?w=470&h=352

FYI no Australia is not like everywhere.. you assume it is.. But where I live at present we are nothing like that.. I think you would need to live in bigger cities to see that trash... I don't.. I live in a neat country side / village . .small town close by.. .None of the trash seen in it like you mentioned ..I guess that is why my kid doesn't see too much graphic images huh?

That is what I was saying, and it sounds like Australia is like everywhere as all developed countries have nice areas, and seedy areas, I grew up in the Darling Downs, my nearest neighbour was a good 12 miles away, and the town population hovered around 60-80. Quite career limiting though. But these things do show up in small unexpected places, this banning, from the OP link took place in Invercargill in South New Zealand. Not all that far from my place over there actually. Next town South.

LINK - Invercargill New Zealand

The entire population on Invercargill is about 50,328. NZ only has about 4 million between both islands.

Edited by psyche101

That is what I am saying, this picture is saying all that dirty sex stuff without a person uttering a word. You have read the description of the image, lets face it, it would not take a genius to work out what is going on there, and your daughter cannot "unsee" the filth that may be forced upon her before her time because someone wanted to look tough rather than exercise a little common courtesy. Any child that sees such extreme and explicit filth has just has a smidgeon of innocence stolen I feel.

If it doesn't take a genius to work it out...( like you have just stated above) then why would you keep asking me over and over - So BM would you like to explain that to your child? If she can figure it out according to what you now say.. Then why ask me if I would to explain it?

She has not ever saw anything too graphic just yet...I prefer not to discuss further on how I raise my child if you don't mind. How we each raise our kids and what we educate them with is our own business in the end ..Here's hoping you will understand

I feel this whole thread over one person not wanting to complain about something they hardly ever see or never seen before ( meaning the clothing store where they live)... is went a bit too far and too long ...Are there t-shirts with - I cannot stand long winded arguments ...on them?.... If so were do I pay? and do they take pay pal ? lol tongue.gif I'm joking on that part lol

I think some people do ignore everything around them, that is the type of person I think of when you offer the description that you did.

I think you assume to know this.. When in reality it is not like that.. Never assume you know what people will or will not do all over one thing you hold in disagreement..

IE If I see someone show some strange views against a certain race of people in the world.. does that mean I should peg them with other bad things too and claim they would do that too? Answer is no...because if I do, then it is a mere assumption

OK, sorry, got that completely wrong, in the tourist areas like Surfers Paradise yes, heaps of tourist shops that set up and shut down overnight, and they sell T Shirts between $5 and $50 as a major stock item. They are all over the entrance, tables full in the doorway etc. Mostly cheap ripoffs of major brands. Flea Markets are riddled with such stands.

You'd think the people who can see these places getting shut down instantly would catch on ? How daft are they over there? lol If you saw something get shut down every time it opened, it would tell you straight - Do not try and open up your own version.. wouldn't it?

I do not live in such a place like that... If i did and they were everywhere like you say.. then I would complain. But if I do not ever see anything like it in my neck of the woods.. then what have I got to complain about? .................Do you complain and fuss over things you never see or rarely ever seen?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I do not live in such a place like that... If i did and they were everywhere like you say.. then I would complain. But if I do not ever see anything like it in my neck of the woods.. then what have I got to complain about? .................Do you complain and fuss over things you never see or rarely ever seen?

Well this is an interesting twist.