Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now were cooking!

bouncer

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harte

• Paracelse

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• Ashotep

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see them uncover something that is life changing but I bet they don't find much. I wish they would let archeologists see what lies underneath the Sphinx in the chamber that is suppose to be under its paws.

Finally after 19 years will maybe know what's behind the mini door in the shaft. Question why didn't Rudolph Ganterbrink finish the job he so well started?

Oups sorry Rudolph misspelled your name

Edited by Paracelse

The red graffiti must be a race of armless aliens I mean didn't you see the evidence... lol I hope the sarcasm isn't lost on anyone...

Also have you read the comments at the bottom... wow!! Lmao

Good night everyone I'm off to slumber.

I would love to see them uncover something that is life changing but I bet they don't find much. I wish they would let archeologists see what lies underneath the Sphinx in the chamber that is suppose to be under its paws.

The area underground in front of the Sphinx has been examined by archaeologists not once, but twice, so please try to inform yourself before assuming an untruth again.

Or, you could ignore me and simply remain ignorant.

Finally after 19 years will maybe know what's behind the mini door in the shaft. Question why didn't Rudolph Ganterbrink finish the job he so well started?

Oups sorry Rudolph misspelled your name

Gatenbrink violated the terms of his agreement and was dismissed by the German Archaeological Instuitute. The Institute could have continued the work, had they applied to do so. But they didn't.

Harte

The area underground in front of the Sphinx has been examined by archaeologists not once, but twice, so please try to inform yourself before assuming an untruth again.

Or, you could ignore me and simply remain ignorant.

Anything to back that up with?

:D

Anything to back that up with?

:D

I hope I caught the sarcasm there... lol

I wish they would let archeologists see what lies underneath the Sphinx in the chamber that is suppose to be under its paws. g.gif

Your wish is my command:

Link

Harte

Consider the source. While this article brings up some current field research, at the same time it misrepresents basic facts. For example, there's this statement:

The King's Chamber has two shafts connected to outside, but two tunnels from the Queen's Chamber

deep inside the widest part of the pyramid have two stone doors.

Some experts now believe this may indicate a secret chamber, further still within the pyramid.

What "experts" are these, exactly? The media loves to toss in impressive words to draw in the reader. These shafts contain no doors, of course. The shafts are only about eight inches square, so unless they were carved for Smurfs to use, no human was meant to access them in the first place. The so-called "doors" are simply limestone plugs. They don't open, nor do they function in any other manner as doors. When a plug is breached they invariably find just more shaft.

The caption to one of the photos in article opens with: "Hieroglyphics such as this are common in pyramids." Well, no, hieroglyphs are not common in pyramids. They don't appear inside pyramids until the end of Dynasty 5, some 150 years after the Great Pyramid was built. Prior to the end of Dynasty 5, almost no pyramid contained any form of interior inscriptions. The sole exception is the Step Pyramid of Djoser, where in rare instances the subterranean chambers deep below the pyramid contain a smattering of hieroglyphs.

Again, consider the source. Always be wary of media articles on ancient topics. They tend to be loaded with mistakes and assumptions.

Aus's post drew my attention to the comments people left below the article. Wow, quite the collection of uninformed fringe fanatics. :rolleyes: