Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man digs basement using model diggers

Keel M.

A Canadian man has spent the last 15 years digging out his basement using model construction vehicles.

A Canadian guy named Joe has been digging out the basement of his house using nothing but radio-controlled scale model construction equipment. . . since 1997. Yes, you read that right — he's been digging out his basement for 15 years — with nothing but little R/C tractors, diggers and even a miniature rock crusher! Amazing.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lucky7

• and-then

• Still Waters

• spud the mackem

He needs to find a girl.

Nah.... I get this. I was a commercial and residential painter for a few years. It could be hard work at times but mostly it was pretty repetitious and almost soothing. The mind on autopilot and you could spend your days dreaming while your hands were busy :yes:

Is this guy serious ?,or is he waiting for men in white coats coming to take him away,or maybe he was a "tunnel king" in WWII ???....

Still, you have to admire his perseverance :lol:

Lot of places up here still don't have decent cable or internet access

now thats dedication! "Then Joe uses the excavators to load R/C trucks and they work their way up a spiral ramp to the basement window where the soil gets dumped outside."

thats awesome!! who knows maybe this guy is building an underground bunker!!

But why would anyone want to do this? Amazing... I suppose 'just because he could' is the answer!

But why would anyone want to do this? Amazing... I suppose 'just because he could' is the answer!

Maybe, but I think he did it because he found it to be a relaxing hobby. It would appeal to a person with a meticulous nature and it would give the satisfaction of accomplishing something unique.

Maybe, but I think he did it because he found it to be a relaxing hobby. It would appeal to a person with a meticulous nature and it would give the satisfaction of accomplishing something unique.

Relaxing? ROFL. How could this be relaxing? Any psychologist would deem this guy imbalanced; but, having said that, it's an interesting case. What did he do with all the dirt? In such small amounts, I suppose he probably just put it out the window!? :wacko:

Relaxing? ROFL. How could this be relaxing? Any psychologist would deem this guy imbalanced; but, having said that, it's an interesting case. What did he do with all the dirt? In such small amounts, I suppose he probably just put it out the window!? :wacko:

It's not so far fetched. Some people relax by painting or sculpting or even writing. This guy took working models and used them as his brush/pen...For some people the extreme discipline of this would have been very fulfilling and relaxing :) Hell, he may have even been stoned when he did it - you never know :w00t:

It's not so far fetched. Some people relax by painting or sculpting or even writing. This guy took working models and used them as his brush/pen...For some people the extreme discipline of this would have been very fulfilling and relaxing :) Hell, he may have even been stoned when he did it - you never know :w00t:

Well, good for him. This is a personal experience that will not make sense to everyone but it sounds like it makes sense to the guy who did this, so if that made him feel good or like he accomplished something worthwhile and if it made him feel good about himself, then good on him!