Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost sightings/ stories

Magic Stars

Not sure if this topic has been posted before (I won't be surprised if it has) but I am curious and interested as to who believes they have seen a ghost before, or if anyone lives in a haunted building or close to one and knows some scary tales.

My father said he once saw his mum, not long after she had died. He said he had been reading a book in the sitting room and happened to glance up, finding her to be watching him from the doorway. Probably not scary to most people, but it kind of chilled me when he told me. I haven't seen a ghost but I would surely love to hear some stories if anyone has any.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nyuk

• Magic Stars

• Pauly Dangerously

• Ashotep

I saw the ghost of my cat a couple of years ago. I could only see her out of the corner of my eye. I watched her come in through a closed window, jump on the arm of the sofa then she jumped down then run across the floor, stop and sniffed some tools laying on the floor then ran down the hall, haven's seen her since.

I havent seen any ghosts, but i do believe they exist :yes: :yes:

Personally i would love to see the ghosts of all the hamsters ive had over the years come running through the living room :yes: :yes:

I havent seen any ghosts, but i do believe they exist :yes: :yes:

Personally i would love to see the ghosts of all the hamsters ive had over the years come running through the living room :yes: :yes:

Hmmmm, that would be amusing. ''The attack of the dead hamsters'' Mwahahahaaa.

I believe most peole here have seen something, for most of us it's a question of "what", not "if".

I believe most peole here have seen something, for most of us it's a question of "what", not "if".

Maybe if I saw something then I might think ''what''

Guess I'm just that odd individual who loves ''if'' instead. :D

I saw the ghost of my cat a couple of years ago. I could only see her out of the corner of my eye. I watched her come in through a closed window, jump on the arm of the sofa then she jumped down then run across the floor, stop and sniffed some tools laying on the floor then ran down the hall, haven's seen her since.

Hope she wasnt running after my ghost hamsters :(

Maybe if I saw something then I might think ''what''

Guess I'm just that odd individual who loves ''if'' instead. :D

Dont ever change, because theres nothing wrong with that :)

I have investigated hundreds of haunted locations over the years but I can't say

I have ever seen a ghost.

I have experienced some things that I have not been able to prove 100% as being

caused by something natural (Natural to us) and this is why I am open minded

until someone can prove to me 100% either way that ghosts exist. I guess the only

way to prove to me 100% is for me to see for myself and experience something that I

can not prove to be anything but paranormal.

I was a teenager housesitting for some friends once when some strange things happened in their attic. When the house owners came back, I asked them if their house was haunted (didn't tell them why I asked). The mother told me she used to hear someone walking in the attic at night before they finished it off into a large bedroom. What she said unsettled me and also started my interest in the paranormal. So did I physically see a ghost? Well, no. But I think something paranormal was there, just the same.

I've never ever seen a ghost (and I don't think I'd want to lol) but I like to read other people's experiences etc! I'm not a sceptic nor am I a believer, I'm just awkward :P

I have investigated hundreds of haunted locations over the years but I can't say

I have ever seen a ghost.

I have experienced some things that I have not been able to prove 100% as being

caused by something natural (Natural to us) and this is why I am open minded

until someone can prove to me 100% either way that ghosts exist. I guess the only

way to prove to me 100% is for me to see for myself and experience something that I

can not prove to be anything but paranormal.

the thing is tho if you are going there for a day or 2 looking for the ghost's your still limiting your chances, try staying in the location for longer...

I have a location for you ,we lived there for a year and for the first 6 months everything was fine, after a while we started to notice that my partners child was having a lot of nightmares, some to which she was saying they were in the bedroom some happen in dreams, i have always been accepting to kids who see spirits and believe we was all born with the gift but shut it down because our parents would say that imaginary person is not real or ridiculed by friends, some people work on this gift and can see and talk to spirits day to day ...

while we was sitting in the front room kids run from the bathroom to the kitchen in the evening when my partners child is already sleeping and this happened more then once, in total we (I, my partner and child) seen the following:

A old man in black- usually standing in the corner of the front room by the window looking towards the middle of the room.

2 Girls and 1 Boy - dressed in Victorian time clothes and seen in the hallway and if im reading a newspaper (held up) there shoes from under the paper

Cat & Dog - this place is a flat above a shop, no pets allowed so it couldn't of been any of the residents, the cat walked the hallway but the dog looked like it had been mutilated face all cut up and showing bone

Woman in white - she appeared all around the flat, normally at a time when we are all happy or playing around

woman in black - now this one was the one that done it for me, happened 11 months into staying there and as im typing this the hairs are standing on the back on my neck and arms just thinking about her... this was pure evil, never felt anything like it before my whole body started to shake, the only time i encountered her was around 1:30am, my partners child was at her dads for the weekend and because we was living in a 1 bedroom flat we let her have the room and we slept on a sofabed in the front room, on this night we stopped in the child's room (double bed). from the door way you have a 5-6ft gap for where she normally put her books and general crap then the double bed from the doorway you are on the right hand side of the bed i sleep on the left , this night as i was trying to sleep (facing away) i heard what i could only describe as distorted bass and what i thought was my partner tug on my shoulder, as i turned this woman in black was leaning over my partner looking at me, the face was of a woman that age badly but the eyes were gone, nothing just black then everything went silent and then just sudden fear...

This is the first and only time a ghost has scared the s**t out of me, i shot up off the bed, through to the front room, my partner came through to find me wrapped up in a quilt with a look of fear on my face i had gone pale white and couldn't stop shaking for the rest of that day,

After that i never stepped foot in that room again, i soon found another place and moved there which soon enough the nightmare stopped with my partners child and things went ok, still get the odd visitor every now and then but nothing extreme

my advice is don't go looking for them in a short time, let them find you over a space of time