Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Grant Wilson to leave Ghost Hunters

Saru

I haven't watched the show in years but Grant always seemed to me to be the most level headed.

He probably got tired of hearing "there's a lot of limerstone in the area" as the reason that bad events got "stored" at some supposedly haunted place.

At least, that's why I left the show (so to speak - I left it alone, that is.)

There's a lot of limestone in most areas, BTW.

Personally, the "limestone" solution doesn't work for me. I believe that it's due to a lot of bullsheet in the area.

Harte

TAPS co-founder Grant Wilson has announced that he will be leaving Ghost Hunters in May this year.

I'll miss his fakery. Not.

I have watched the show since its beginning. I have always approached the subject of paranormal evidence with a skeptical mindset. This you must always do because human senses can easily be manipulated. That being said the shows evidence, for the most part, could be faked. However, there is a small percentage that, as yet, I have been unable to determine how it could have been faked. Still it is not a live show, with the exception of the Halloween episodes, and with today's tech. it is possible to fake almost anything well. I will say this though, human intelligence is so rudimentary and we are so isolated that any statement we make about what is or is not possible is, I'm certain, laughable to advanced races throughout the universe. If we are being observed by advanced races we are, no doubt, on their Comedy Central channel. So, believe or don't believe. It really comes down to your level of comfort. I did like the episode at the St. Augustine lighthouse. Most curious.

One more thing. For those of you who are convinced that they are faking the evidence, do your homework and post YOUR evidence that proves your position. Otherwise your opinion has no weight. I look forward to what you come up with...you know...if you are smart enough to figure it out.

I always loved ghost hunters but to me in the recent years they became a little sell-outish, with show after show popping up like GH Academy. I thought they started out well enough with the best intentions but now I think that the fame and "celebrity" has gone to their heads.

The thing is why is there paranormal to begin with... that was the questions at the start of the first season, now its just all hotels and pubs and buisnesses try to have some free publicity.

Still a fan but I really like this site and GH International and Ancient Aliens...BTW--Whats that sound-- is that a knock--Did you see that?, is all they seem to say anymore!

Edited by puckmomma

One more thing. For those of you who are convinced that they are faking the evidence, do your homework and post YOUR evidence that proves your position. Otherwise your opinion has no weight. I look forward to what you come up with...you know...if you are smart enough to figure it out.

I just had flaming squirrels fly out my ass.

If you are convinced I'm faking it, do your homework and post YOUR evidence that proves your position.

E Equals, if someone makes an extraordinary claim, the onus is on he or she to prove its factuality, not on the general public to find proof denying it. What kind of bizarre world do you live in where anyone can just say, "I flew 800 light-years through the galaxy in a bubble made of spam" and it's up to the rest of us to have to prove or disprove that statement? What's wrong with you? Ever heard of personal responsibility? Ever heard of logic?

Well, programs like Destination Truth, MonsterQuest, Ghost Hunters have one undeniable truth... and I do mean one undeniable irrefutable truth... they are reality television.

That in of its self possesses the weight of a train of Mac trucks.

These programs underlining format falls under ... entertainment.

Yes, folks, I know how cruel and cold that word sounds... E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-M-E-N-T!

*shudders with cold chills*

Here, lemme pick that icicle off of Grant Wilson's nose.

Also given the fact parapsychology is not a science afterall neither.

Well, programs like Destination Truth, MonsterQuest, Ghost Hunters have one undeniable truth... and I do mean one undeniable irrefutable truth... they are reality television.

That in of its self possesses the weight of a train of Mac trucks.

These programs underlining format falls under ... entertainment.

Yes, folks, I know how cruel and cold that word sounds... E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-M-E-N-T!

*shudders with cold chills*

Here, lemme pick that icicle off of Grant Wilson's nose.

Also given the fact parapsychology is not a science afterall neither.

Just my warped sense of humor here but gun powder was used for entertainment before they realized they could blow stuff up with it!!!

On a serious note, some people do look at parapsychology as a science, it's not taken seriously by the science community though.

Just my warped sense of humor here but gun powder was used for entertainment before they realized they could blow stuff up with it!!!

On a serious note, some people do look at parapsychology as a science, it's not taken seriously by the science community though.

lol nice analogy on entertainment of what message I dont know. lol

But yes, some believe parapsychology as a science. For all entertainment purposes, GH may have sunk low into manufacturing hoaxes as others have stated. Funny, they insist on their commitment to debunk and investigate through any and all natural deductions for a suspecting haunting only to sell out themselves. I frown upon that, as a principle and obligation of trust.

Oh, and thanks for the reading, I am still rolling it around on my tongue. Very interesting.

There are quite a few videos out there showing Grant using string to manipulate his own clothing or objects (like a bedsheet) all you have to do is look on YouTube. I used to trust these guys but then when I looked into it I decided that they wanted money and were being entertaining.

I had posted some video's previously in this thread that shows FAKED evidence from them. It's common knowledge that they have staged events and rigged evidence.

I have watched the show since its beginning. I have always approached the subject of paranormal evidence with a skeptical mindset. This you must always do because human senses can easily be manipulated. That being said the shows evidence, for the most part, could be faked. However, there is a small percentage that, as yet, I have been unable to determine how it could have been faked. Still it is not a live show, with the exception of the Halloween episodes, and with today's tech. it is possible to fake almost anything well. I will say this though, human intelligence is so rudimentary and we are so isolated that any statement we make about what is or is not possible is, I'm certain, laughable to advanced races throughout the universe. If we are being observed by advanced races we are, no doubt, on their Comedy Central channel. So, believe or don't believe. It really comes down to your level of comfort. I did like the episode at the St. Augustine lighthouse. Most curious.

TV Show, Ghost Hunters, has always been for entertainment purposes - nothing more nothing less. Those of you, E Equals MC Squared , who rely on the notion that Ghost Hunters is unbias, skpetical, and approaches the paranormal on a scientific platform are by far idiots and ignorants. The Show, the crew to say the least, lacks of a fundamental structure to persue answers, results, data, evidence, etc. under a controlled invironment. The so called investigators not only lack an understanding of the equipment they use, they are simply clueless as to how it must be applied in the field. Do you, E Equals MC Squared , really think a K2 Meter and a set of flashlights will stir the scientific community? Do you really think strange rap sounds heard in full darkness will be the interest of scientists? Do you really think so? If you were tell a scientist that duirng an investigation your equipmented reported a drop of barometric pressure, humidity levels dropped, background radiation increased, EMF in the 8hz frequency was detected, temperature dropped, +- ions increased, ultraviolet levels increased, etc., he or she would be more interested than showing/presenting a lame ass video clip of two flashlights turning on and off. I remember the first episode of the show how they portrayed themselves as seekers for answers and to get the scientific community involved... after the first episode, I came to realize how much of a failure this group was going to be. Anyhow, investigating the paranormal under controlled conditions is vital. Understanding and knowing your equipment is crucial, continuity is by far critical - sorry, this group/show lacks all of the above. I suggest you, E Equals MC Squared, do a little hands-on research and learn about paranormal sutdies from those who seek no media attention or monetary compensation - someone like David Rountree. If you wish to continue building your knowledge of the paranormal and the study of the phenomena based on a clueless show that airs every Wednesday night, its your choice. If you have an interest in building your understanding of the paranormal from those seeking an understanding and explanation of the phenomena, again, start by reading David Rountree's book. It is phenomenal...

Just keep in mind that Grant said he's leaving Ghost Hunters, not TAPS. Perhaps he's jumping ship before the Captain brings the ship down???

Check out this article written by colleagues and friends of mine. He couldn't of written a better article!

Thoughts on why Grant Wilson is leaving Ghost Hunters

I agree with the publisher of this article 100%. :tu:

TAPS co-founder Grant Wilson has announced that he will be leaving Ghost Hunters in May this year.

And?

They were great when they first started. I remember the ep where they filmed a family of ghosts living in a lighthouse-that was pretty cool. Unfortunately plumbing and ghosts shall never meet and the show itself is completely retarded and devoid of any spirituality whatsoever. All they do is talk, scream when they see spiders, and generally look like a bunch of idiots pretending to be professionals (we're here to save the children-yeah right). Oh yeah and I love the qualifications they wanted when they were looking to hire. idiot show. Destination truth has always been the best of them imo.

Edited by devilmaycare

And?

They were great when they first started. I remember the ep where they filmed a family of ghosts living in a lighthouse-that was pretty cool. Unfortunately plumbing and ghosts shall never meet and the show itself is completely retarded and devoid of any spirituality whatsoever. All they do is talk, scream when they see spiders, and generally look like a bunch of idiots pretending to be professionals (we're here to save the children-yeah right). Oh yeah and I love the qualifications they wanted when they were looking to hire. idiot show. Destination truth has always been the best of them imo.

I'll admit Josh Gates was the most entertaining, yet he tackled every case with energetic undisguised tongue-in-cheek scepticism ... "Today, we are looking for monsters... yeeaahh..."

People speculated the show would not last any longer due to the amount of controversy surrounding the show and its investigators. However; IMO no thanks to the controversy it has gotten more people to watch it. Who's to say he is leaving permanently? He could always say; I changed my mind or did what I had to do and come back. Besides, they'll find another excuse to keep the show going by putting together another find the next ghost hunter. BTW... not a fan of the show at all if you could tell! :)

The Rolling Stones...........Brett Favre

No offense, but do you realise you posted " do your homework " after a reply that has two very convincing videos showing how they faked evidence?

Farewell, Grant Wilson

Once, while at the Spalding Inn during a private weekend with TAPS families, we spoke about the "show's place."

I admitted that I no longer watched Ghost Hunters, even as a TAPS family member and as someone who wrote a book about the show's impact on American society.

Grant replied that he rarely watched TV at all.

I suggested, quite pompously, that many people took the show too seriously. "It is just a TV show. It should be enjoyed for what it is - as entertainment," I said, bracing for his response.

He looked straight at me as he softly replied, "You're absolutely right. It is just a TV show. I wish more people understood that." The night before, Grant and Jason had lip sung "Baby Got Back," and Grant had serenaded us with "Total Eclipse of the Heart." He was a man who did not take himself too seriously yet valued the serious side of life.

He certainly understood that the show had opened unprecedented doors for public paranormal acceptance. Grant was eloquent regarding his role: he thought of himself as an ambassador for the field, even if the show did not adequately depict off-camera investigative realities (something he freely addressed when asked). Privately, Grant also continued to conduct his own research around his personal paranormal experiences while choosing not to share this with the public.

Grant was also a deeply committed father (and I'm sure he remains so). He protected his children's privacy, and once left an event early because it was Father's Day. Grant stated that he desired to be home "with his progeny."

In short, he was the real deal.

• 3 weeks later...

i dont see why everybody is getting so het up about ghosthunters faking evidence. at the end of the day those of you who say this are right, its simply an entertainment show. there is a reason these people don't charge homeowners for going into there homes and investigating and that is because they know sometimes they may have do things for....yes thats right...entertainment. at the end of the day you cannot expect one of the longest running syfy shows to actually get through 8 seasons without some help can you? personally i enjoy the show even when i can spot things that have clearly being put on. at the end of the day shows like this are not put on to say 'hey look we found existance of ghosts!' because they dont even say that. its simply a few people with an interest in the paranormal who got picked up a tv show and kept on doing what they loved but also attempting to make it entertaining for public viewing so the show would last. which it has.

i dont see why everybody is getting so het up about ghosthunters faking evidence. at the end of the day those of you who say this are right, its simply an entertainment show. there is a reason these people don't charge homeowners for going into there homes and investigating and that is because they know sometimes they may have do things for....yes thats right...entertainment. at the end of the day you cannot expect one of the longest running syfy shows to actually get through 8 seasons without some help can you? personally i enjoy the show even when i can spot things that have clearly being put on. at the end of the day shows like this are not put on to say 'hey look we found existance of ghosts!' because they dont even say that. its simply a few people with an interest in the paranormal who got picked up a tv show and kept on doing what they loved but also attempting to make it entertaining for public viewing so the show would last. which it has.

For the one simple fact........THEY DENY FAKING ANYTHING !

They are liars, frauds, and I for one am not into that kind of thing.I know it seems to be the norm in the latest generations, but I was raised to be honest, and make my living by working hard, and fair....You know, making a " honest " living, being honest to others, and expecting the same.

That is my main reason, among numerous smaller reasons, here is one....

People believe them when they say it is real, and they start making teams, and finding ghosts, and telling people they have ghosts or demons in their home or business.

Stupidity breeds stupidity........

Does this answer your question?