Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you take an ID marker?

and-then

The bible says that will be the case with the mark of the beast. Something in your right hand or forehead without which you can't buy or sell.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• aquatus1

• The Silver Thong

• Leonardo

Why bother...everyone already carries a cell phone, has a social security number, credit/debit cards. Essentially, no one is anonymous, at least in most developed countries.

I have a hard time seeing a system like that for single-party transactions. In terms of necessity, I mean.

A chip or similar would be extremely useful, and I would definitely get one, in situations where intellectual security and multi-party transactions are used, such as in credit cards, insurance, or medical expenses. It would be useful for simpler things, like grocery shopping, but hardly essential, in terms of security and exchange.

Essentally, I can see a chip system being used for major purchases, and as an added value, to be able to use it for minor purchases. I can't see anyone creating a chip solely for minor purchases, as would need to be done to claim that, without it, you would starve. It just isn't a complex enough market.

I can't see it myself. People don't want to feel spied on (to conspiracy theorist mainly). And a chip would mean constant surveillance of everyone. Even though that would be a good thing in many ways, because is someone is murdered, or something stolen, you would know who was where and when. S has its benefits and drawbacks.

Edited by Kryso

Considering that I as a Bible-believing Christian take an A-millennialist approach to Revelation (Eschatology to be clearer) I see no problem in taking a chip. I don't know whether such will ever happen in my life, but I don't see how computer tech = evil. Even with the whole "mark of the Beast" issue I don't see any reason why such a mark must be a physical object that will stop us from engaging in commerce. After all, consider an alternative - in the early years after Jesus those Jews who chose to follow Jesus were subjected to persecution. At the start it was minor - something as simple as Jewish businesses charging them higher prices than other Jews. And while I am not an expert enough to say for 100% certain I would probably guess that in extreme cases they were refused business period full stop. So in terms of the "mark of the Beast" why not think of it in the 1st Century AD context of being charged higher prices (or refused service altogether) while the alternative option is to recant (take the mark of the Beast) and be able to engage in commerce quite normally.

I'm not saying that this is the definitive interpretation of Revelation, I'm presenting one obvious alternative. Even without this 1st Century context there is nothing in the text that demands a literal mark or implant that stops a person from engaging in commerce.

Just my thoughts :tu:

~ PA

Why bother...everyone already carries a cell phone, has a social security number, credit/debit cards. Essentially, no one is anonymous, at least in most developed countries.

Yes but the question was whether you would allow the technology to be used on you if the consequences for not doing so meant you would cease to exist in the system...no buying, selling, working or eating.

Considering that I as a Bible-believing Christian take an A-millennialist approach to Revelation (Eschatology to be clearer) I see no problem in taking a chip. I don't know whether such will ever happen in my life, but I don't see how computer tech = evil. Even with the whole "mark of the Beast" issue I don't see any reason why such a mark must be a physical object that will stop us from engaging in commerce. After all, consider an alternative - in the early years after Jesus those Jews who chose to follow Jesus were subjected to persecution. At the start it was minor - something as simple as Jewish businesses charging them higher prices than other Jews. And while I am not an expert enough to say for 100% certain I would probably guess that in extreme cases they were refused business period full stop. So in terms of the "mark of the Beast" why not think of it in the 1st Century AD context of being charged higher prices (or refused service altogether) while the alternative option is to recant (take the mark of the Beast) and be able to engage in commerce quite normally.

I'm not saying that this is the definitive interpretation of Revelation, I'm presenting one obvious alternative. Even without this 1st Century context there is nothing in the text that demands a literal mark or implant that stops a person from engaging in commerce.

Just my thoughts :tu:

~ PA

PA I have no fear of the technology either. It isn't inherently evil. In fact it is already being put to very good use in this country in medical settings. A chip with all your medical history can save lives if it's scanned by a trauma team when you come in unconscious. I am no scholar but the way the scripture is worded I believe that the choice of receiving the mark will be what damns people. It will be a conscious choice to serve the AC. I think the instrument used to enforce that obedience could be a chip or a tat or some as yet unknown technology. It IS interesting that we are seeing such technologies in our lifetimes though. But it is the choice that will be the moment of truth for people over who they will serve.

PA I have no fear of the technology either. It isn't inherently evil. In fact it is already being put to very good use in this country in medical settings. A chip with all your medical history can save lives if it's scanned by a trauma team when you come in unconscious. I am no scholar but the way the scripture is worded I believe that the choice of receiving the mark will be what damns people. It will be a conscious choice to serve the AC. I think the instrument used to enforce that obedience could be a chip or a tat or some as yet unknown technology. It IS interesting that we are seeing such technologies in our lifetimes though. But it is the choice that will be the moment of truth for people over who they will serve.

Would this mean that one would have to choose between starvation and salvation. I think most would choose to take the chip.

Would this mean that one would have to choose between starvation and salvation. I think most would choose to take the chip.

According to the bible you are correct.

Yes but the question was whether you would allow the technology to be used on you if the consequences for not doing so meant you would cease to exist in the system...no buying, selling, working or eating.

Pushing such idea will make the regime extremely unpopular. And unlike the Revelation says, I can't see how this will be implemented globally. Since I agree with Jonathan Kirsch on the nature of the Book of Revelation, my opinion on John of Patmos is less than kind.

Maybe Isle of Patmos was a some kind of asylum/gulag for nutjobs back then.

As I said, the book of Revelation is filled with imagery and symbolism. I do not think that choosing a computer chip is going to decide whether we follow the anti-Christ or not.

Has such a system not been trialed already in Switzerland or some neutral place?

Or was that just an urban myth?

The bible says that will be the case with the mark of the beast. Something in your right hand or forehead without which you can't buy or sell.

It's ready happened. Your SSN is tied to everything you own. And you memorize it, so in a way it is branded in our heads. Ever loose your Wallet? You are cometely helpless with out everything tied to your SSN.

In the new testament, Jhon ( I think) was discussing Nero and what he would evenchually do if given enough time. It's the ultimate idea of governments to survive and control it's people. It's pure evolution at work. The only governments that will suvive into the future are the ones that control people, not people controlling it. It becomes an entity and a beast all it's own. I believe these were the visions received in revelations.

It's ready happened. Your SSN is tied to everything you own. And you memorize it, so in a way it is branded in our heads. Ever loose your Wallet? You are cometely helpless with out everything tied to your SSN.

In the new testament, Jhon ( I think) was discussing Nero and what he would evenchually do if given enough time. It's the ultimate idea of governments to survive and control it's people. It's pure evolution at work. The only governments that will suvive into the future are the ones that control people, not people controlling it. It becomes an entity and a beast all it's own. I believe these were the visions received in revelations.

So, Seeker you believe that the SSN is the mark? I think numbering systems for identification are a forerunner to the mark but not the mark itself. For one thing it is to be global and not all countries use such a system. But with technology today it is now possible to assign a unique and secure biometric id for every person on the planet. India is in the middle of digitally photographing and fingerprinting 1.2 billion citizens. China is embarked on a similar scheme. I think the technology will have good acceptable uses but that it will be turned against persons of faith in Christ in the last days. And I think it cannot be a case of being mistaken by the believer. It will have to be a clear choice that is made with foreknowledge. It will be a choice to accept the AC as God.

Thing of it is, though, that a universal monetary system is all but inevitable.

This is one of those prophecies that, given several millenia, will inevitably come to pass.

Why is a chip or ID interpreted as the mark of the beast?

Process of elimination?

It sure as heck hasn't been anything else that people have accused it of being?

Edit: Although, I wonder how biometrics would factor into that particular prophecy? If wave your hand over a scanner and it reads your handprint, would that count? If a scanner recognizes your retina or your face, would that still be the mark of the beast?

Honestly, I would not be surprised if technology leapfrogged right over the implantable chip.

Edited by aquatus1

Honestly, I would not be surprised if technology leapfrogged right over the implantable chip.

It has already has it not.

Hmm...not quite yet. Getting there, but not quite yet.

I gues your right. However I have been assigned a number, many of them since birth. If I get hit by a car the hospital knows who I am through many means. A chip would be better though.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Yes it would, but being able to uniquely identify you without an assigned number would be even better.;)

If my suspicions are correct, we are headed towards technology that can quickly and reliably scan at the microscopic level on multiple points. Instead of your personal information being tied to a single point of failure (a single assigned number), it becomes tied to you on a microscopic level, where not even your clone can pass himself off as you.

If I've done the math correctly, a system with 13 unique markers would yield over 6 billion combinations. Perhaps something could be injected into the bloodstream; for Silver Thong's car accident, that would allow you to be identified regardless of the status of your body.

Yes it would, but being able to uniquely identify you without an assigned number would be even better.;)

If my suspicions are correct, we are headed towards technology that can quickly and reliably scan at the microscopic level on multiple points. Instead of your personal information being tied to a single point of failure (a single assigned number), it becomes tied to you on a microscopic level, where not even your clone can pass himself off as you.

That is just around the corner. No matter what we are just numbers. Sounds cold but true.

I have no kids but don't they poke them in the foot when born and from that could id us for life using dna. I think we (I) might be over thinking this lol wait scanning ones blood (dna) with out being jabed with a needle is right in front of us.

Mark of the beast,second comming the four horseman, naaaaa progress as far as we know. To equate this with any religious meaning is useless and fear mongering.

If I've done the math correctly, a system with 13 unique markers would yield over 6 billion combinations. Perhaps something could be injected into the bloodstream; for Silver Thong's car accident, that would allow you to be identified regardless of the status of your body.

DNA

Nothing would be needed to be injected into me to know who I was. Did I just restate your point lol