Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Starting point

markdohle

Starting point

We can only start from where we are at. To wish to be somewhere else is foolish, if the present starting point is overlooked. Impatience to rush things can really slow the journey down, causing more missteps and hindrances. If the same starting place is arrived at everyday, well, patience is learned from perseverance and not giving up. Results in reality are secondary, since they can only come into being, after some new starting place is arrived at. Be at peace, our journey has meaning even if it is at times clouded by failure, frustration and temptation to despair. When in a dark place, then the choice to trust comes from a place deeper than the inner fog, storm or void. Grace works in ways we don't understand and cannot be contained by our plans or thoughts on how things should be.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markdohle

• Beany

• Satan the Accuser

• MainerMikeBrown

It's harder to enjoy the here and now if you're obsessed with accomplishing this, this, and this in the future.

You don't want to not think about the future at all. But thinking about it all the time is too much.

It's harder to enjoy the here and now if you're obsessed with accomplishing this, this, and this in the future.

You don't want to not think about the future at all. But thinking about it all the time is too much.

Yes I agree, thanks.

peace

mark

• 3 weeks later...

when I'm in a dark place, I let that be OK, as it's part of being human. And I know that as sure as the sun rises every morning, the darkness will pass, as long as I stay out of resistance to it. An important part of my philosphy is: What we resist persists. So I open up the door, let it in, and use up that energy. As it dissipates, I can then move on. I believe I have to honor all parts of me, not just the parts I like or favor, because every piece of it contributes to my wholeness.

Edited by Beany

Very inspiring! I do think, perhaps, that we can utilize other persons' past experiences and knowledge to avoid many years of trials, conflicts, etc.

when I'm in a dark place, I let that be OK, as it's part of being human. And I know that as sure as the sun rises every morning, the darkness will pass, as long as I stay out of resistance to it. An important part of my philosphy is: What we resist persists. So I open up the door, let it in, and use up that energy. As it dissipates, I can then move on. I believe I have to honor all parts of me, not just the parts I like or favor, because every piece of it contributes to my wholeness.

Very wise, said it better than I ever could :nw:

Peace

mark

Be in the HERE.....NOW

Yes, hard to do, but rewarding when accompolished. B)

peace

mark

Very inspiring! I do think, perhaps, that we can utilize other persons' past experiences and knowledge to avoid many years of trials, conflicts, etc.

I agree, that is why the arts can be important.

Peace

mark :yes:

Maybe those trials & conflicts are necessary to our development, it's the part of the Eden story where we were cast out to begin the s/hero's journey, when after being tested, we finally return home. This is where we discover our strengths, this is when we acquire wisdom & knowledge, persistence & determination, compassion, all qualities that arise out of struggle & conflict. If we weren't ever tested, would we ever come to know our own inner resources? Or find those people who love and support us during the hardest parts of our journey? During my life, some of the most important gifts I've received have come directly out of the hard times. In a weird sort of way, every one of those hard times was an opportunity to grow & learn, if I chose to do so. One of my favorite sayings is "Lessons are repeated until they're learned." So if I'm going through a hard patch, I mine for lessons, because I certainly don't want to repeat them.

Maybe those trials & conflicts are necessary to our development, it's the part of the Eden story where we were cast out to begin the s/hero's journey, when after being tested, we finally return home. This is where we discover our strengths, this is when we acquire wisdom & knowledge, persistence & determination, compassion, all qualities that arise out of struggle & conflict. If we weren't ever tested, would we ever come to know our own inner resources? Or find those people who love and support us during the hardest parts of our journey? During my life, some of the most important gifts I've received have come directly out of the hard times. In a weird sort of way, every one of those hard times was an opportunity to grow & learn, if I chose to do so. One of my favorite sayings is "Lessons are repeated until they're learned." So if I'm going through a hard patch, I mine for lessons, because I certainly don't want to repeat them.

God is not Santa Claus, we are here for a reason, and chaos of life is there as you say for our growth and development...even our failures are imortant.

Peace

mark

I have had plenty of failures in my life, for sure. Usually as a direct result of trying to avoid conflict, of pleasing someone other than myself, of failing to stand with integrity, of blaming others instead of recognizing my own lack of accountability/responsibility, reluctance to use my voice to speak my truth, playing the victim... The magic moment for me was the realization that the only person in charge of my adult life is me. If life doesn't go the way I want it to, if it's in the toilet, I can find the person responsible by looking in the mirror. As someone said, change your mind, change your life; it's a self-empowering act.

I have had plenty of failures in my life, for sure. Usually as a direct result of trying to avoid conflict, of pleasing someone other than myself, of failing to stand with integrity, of blaming others instead of recognizing my own lack of accountability/responsibility, reluctance to use my voice to speak my truth, playing the victim... The magic moment for me was the realization that the only person in charge of my adult life is me. If life doesn't go the way I want it to, if it's in the toilet, I can find the person responsible by looking in the mirror. As someone said, change your mind, change your life; it's a self-empowering act.

You have a way with words my frien, I love reading your comments.

peace

Mark

and I yours, Mark. So you clearly show up for who you are, no anger, no games, just a good person doing his best to be the best that he can be, earnestly & with thoughtfulness.