Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Egyptian Light Bulbs

SamDavies

Thanks so much for this link , Harte. It is the info I've been looking for :tu: but could not find less I spend half my life wading through rubbish to get to the gold. Man, I so love UM site.

I just can not understand why anyone sees these as light bulbs :no: . It is even more sad when some refuse to accept they are anything but, even when the Egyptian text next to the images states clearly what it all means!! This is why the North Korean Government doesn't permit the taking and publishing of incomplete photos of signs/writings or photos. It is so easy to mislead people by only showing part of a picture or script. Many are too lazy to do their own research or even question where the rest of the picture is!! Just believe everything they are told without question.

It is a really good feeling to now know what the entire picture means. Like, I did not accept that there were beings walking around that were literally half man and half beast. I could only see these images as depictions of gods being explained by their attributes by drawing them as human with beast head. Or that perhaps sometimes the priests wore animal head dresses like the American Indians did and still do. It is nice to know I have been on the right track.

When I look at the two small 'light bulbs' sitting side by side I see a snake climbing up a bush that is growing in a coiled terracotta pot, if I try not to think about the Egyptian side of things, lol.

Again, light bulbs are difficult to make and need a power source. There are no ancient light bulbs lying around either in Egypt or Baghdad. And I am sure at least one would have survived in all the hundreds of dig sites around the ME.

One thing that's important to remember regarding this kind of thing in Egypt, is that when you see a depiction accompanying hieroglyphs, the two absolutely must be understood as a unit. One cannot be divorced from the other. In a way, I suppose, it's something like an article in a newspaper that includes an inset photograph: the photo by itself might not make all that much sense to you, but the article accompanying it explains it all. As Harte has correctly pointed out, the hieroglyphic inscription next to the serpent-and-flower depiction explains what the image itself means.

That said, many in the fringe camp happily argue for the "lightbulb" scenario and never even show or mention the accompanying inscription. Chances are they have no idea what it says to begin with, but they probably wouldn't care, anyway. They see a "lightbulb," so therefore it must be a lightbulb--all other possible explanations be damned. It's foolish, yes, but so it goes. Yet I remember one or two fringe adherents who were perfectly aware of the inscription and its translations, but were able to dismiss it simply by stating that Egyptologists mistranslated it and don't understand what it says. Needless to say, this kind of argument is only more absurd.

Arguments about the Baghdad "battery" are tedious. People express chronic astonishment over something that couldn't even generate enough electricity to power a small flashlight. In all honesty we don't know what the jar and its solution were meant to be or do. There are numerous possible explanations, but again fringe adherents are quick to jump to the flashiest explanation--even if it's the least likely.

Think of it this way: with either the Baghdad "battery" or the Dendera "lightbulb," what other evidence can one present to demonstrate the use of electricity in these ancient societies? Where is evidence for the infrastructure to provide electrical capabilities to ancient temples or villages? When one looks at such things logically, one immediately realizes no such evidence exists. At all. It seems odd, then, to regard ambiguous things like the Baghdad "battery" or the Dendera "lightbulb" as "proof" for electrical usage way back then. We have no real-world proof that such a thing existed, but we have countless examples of small oil lamps that people carried and used to light their way. :yes:

well I doubt the Egyptians used eggplants much nor were they part of their mythology. Maybe they were but it doesn't seem likely.

it is certainly far more plausible than this one, hysterical "professor" I seen on tv who insisted that it was obvious, once you covered up the captions in the book of the afore mentioned, that it was eggplants. Yet there he was telling everyone what the images really were depicting.

---------------------

new york private investigator

I'm not aware of eggplants figuring much at all into ancient Egyptian culture. While it was introduced into the Middle East through India and Asia, I believe this was more in medieval times, not ancient times. I could be wrong about that, but I can state with some confidence that eggplants are not part of ancient Egyptian mythology. I have no idea where that came from.

Whose post are you replying to, tomgat? It would help to use the quote feature in your tool set. It sounds vaguely familiar but I can't remember where this was first mentioned in our discussion. ;)

Thanks so much for this link , Harte. It is the info I've been looking for :tu: but could not find less I spend half my life wading through rubbish to get to the gold. Man, I so love UM site.

You're quite welcome Mr. Davies.

If Sam is your real name, that's my boy's name too.

Anyway, glad to provide what I have for the edification of others.

That's my raison d'etre at U-M, though I'm sure there are many here that think I'm here just to argue!

Harte

well I doubt the Egyptians used eggplants much nor were they part of their mythology. Maybe they were but it doesn't seem likely.

it is certainly far more plausible than this one, hysterical "professor" I seen on tv who insisted that it was obvious, once you covered up the captions in the book of the afore mentioned, that it was eggplants. Yet there he was telling everyone what the images really were depicting.

---------------------

new york private investigator

Eggplants?? LOL.

These Egyptian images depict something HUGE compared to eggplants.

The plant is native to the Indian subcontinent.[1][2] It has been cultivated in southern and eastern Asia since prehistory, but appears to have become known to the Western world no earlier than ca. 1500.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggplant

Eggplants?? LOL.

These Egyptian images depict something HUGE compared to eggplants.

The plant is native to the Indian subcontinent.[1][2] It has been cultivated in southern and eastern Asia since prehistory, but appears to have become known to the Western world no earlier than ca. 1500.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggplant

You may laugh at eggplants, but it is much more likely than light bulbs.

You may laugh at eggplants, but it is much more likely than light bulbs.

Why don't we just compromise: they're glow-in-the-dark eggplants. :yes:

Why don't we just compromise: they're glow-in-the-dark eggplants. :yes:

I like it!! Bioluminescent plants are not unheard of. Several mushrooms glow.

You're quite welcome Mr. Davies.

If Sam is your real name, that's my boy's name too.

Anyway, glad to provide what I have for the edification of others.

That's my raison d'etre at U-M, though I'm sure there are many here that think I'm here just to argue!

Harte

Sam's my real name. I'm one of the few here going by my real name and I really do live just outside of Darwin. And my ugly mug can be seen at www.sam-davies.blogspot.com that is linked to two other of my sites.

Yeah, all my life people have accused or suggested I just like to argue. Many can't seem to distinguish between debate and arguing. It is very frustrating. Or they misinterpret sharing ideas with trying to tell people what to believe. I, like you, have some very strong beliefs like most of us here. At the end of the day I just like to share and learn. So if some here like to think you or I or any of us are here just to argue then it is their problem. I've found that most of my life few people are very rarely satisfied unless one agrees with them and only them and can't handle people who say 'no'. So when I take the time to look at the whole picture and don't see light bulbs, I will say so.

cheers,

Sam

One thing that's important to remember regarding this kind of thing in Egypt, is that when you see a depiction accompanying hieroglyphs, the two absolutely must be understood as a unit. One cannot be divorced from the other. In a way, I suppose, it's something like an article in a newspaper that includes an inset photograph: the photo by itself might not make all that much sense to you, but the article accompanying it explains it all. As Harte has correctly pointed out, the hieroglyphic inscription next to the serpent-and-flower depiction explains what the image itself means.

Think of it this way: with either the Baghdad "battery" or the Dendera "lightbulb," what other evidence can one present to demonstrate the use of electricity in these ancient societies? Where is evidence for the infrastructure to provide electrical capabilities to ancient temples or villages? When one looks at such things logically, one immediately realizes no such evidence exists. At all. It seems odd, then, to regard ambiguous things like the Baghdad "battery" or the Dendera "lightbulb" as "proof" for electrical usage way back then. We have no real-world proof that such a thing existed, but we have countless examples of small oil lamps that people carried and used to light their way. :yes:

Exactly :tu: . I know it is a little off topic but one of the most desturbing experiences I had regarding people not wanting to accept something was some time back four elderly tourists were here and I was sitting around a table with them when the subject of Cycone Tracy came up. I said I was a survivor of this cyclone of 1974. One of them said the cyclone hit in 1975 and he would not accept otherwise and his three buddies agreed with him!!! I just dropped the subject as they started to get quite hostile. People's pride and arrogance never ceases to amaze me.

Exactly :tu: . I know it is a little off topic but one of the most desturbing experiences I had regarding people not wanting to accept something was some time back four elderly tourists were here and I was sitting around a table with them when the subject of Cycone Tracy came up. I said I was a survivor of this cyclone of 1974. One of them said the cyclone hit in 1975 and he would not accept otherwise and his three buddies agreed with him!!! I just dropped the subject as they started to get quite hostile. People's pride and arrogance never ceases to amaze me.

Hey, respect your elders! They remember these things better than you do, of course! It doesn't matter if you were right in the middle of it. :lol:

And don't argue with them too much. You'll just confuse them.

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse me if there’s already a thread specifically on Ancient Egyptian light bulbs but I can not find the subject here on UM.

NO I DO NOT BELIEVE THESE ARE LIGHT BULBS BY THE WAY. Nor that the ancient Egyptians had or used light bulbs.

HATHOR TEMPLE has a relief sometimes known as the Dendera light because of a controversial fringe thesis about its nature. The Dendera light images comprise five stone reliefs (two of which contain a pair of "lights") in the Hathor temple at the Dendera Temple complex located in Egypt. The view of Egyptologists is that the relief is a mythological depiction of a djed pillar and a lotus flower, spawning a snake within, representing aspects of Egyptian mythology

IMAGE of the five depictions at Hathor Temple

SYMBOLS explained.

It is believed that the Djed (Hieroglyph that looks a little like an Asian temple is the best way to describe it) is a rendering of a human backbone. It represents stability and strength. It was originally associated with the creation god Ptah. Himself being called the "Noble Djed". As the Osiris cults took hold it became known as the backbone of Osiris . A djed column is often painted on the bottom of coffins, where the backbone of the deceased would lay, this identified the person with the king of the underworld, Osiris. It also acts as a sign of stability for the deceased' journey into the afterlife.

Sesen: A Lotus Flower. This is a symbol of the sun, of creation and rebirth. Because at night the flower closes and sinks underwater, at dawn it rises and opens again. According to one creation myth it was a giant lotus which first rose out of the watery chaos at the beginning of time. From this giant lotus the sun itself rose on the first day. A symbol of Upper Egypt.

You do realize the wall those images are on is like four story's under ground in the dark?? also their in one of the most amazing structure's in the world, And you cant possible think that good old drunken Ben Franklin was the first person to harness electricity. Not with the ancient Baghdad battery around. Sorry Ben Franklin, electricity is no virgin she's been around for a long time. B)

• 4 weeks later...

I dont see how Baghdad battery could not be ones testing and experimenting. Elecktrickery was known from ancient times.

To say that there was no street lights in Iraq at that time is funny.

When Ben Franklin studied Leyden Jar there was no street lights in America too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyden_jar

Amazing how prayer jars can emit electric charges, even more amazing how artifacts from thousands of years later have any bearing on discussing the pyramids.

For that matter, it's amazing how we find plenty og oil lamps, butnothing indicating use of electricity except a wall panel detailing a myth, with hieroglyphs detailing what's being said.

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to share a link to my related web thread over at the Thunderbolts Forum...

Ancients Knowledge of EU (Electric Universe) revealed in Dendera Light discovery

*Snip*

I hope you find it interesting. Cheers...

-Armand

post-149243-0-78278000-1405385939_thumb.

Edited by kmt_sesh
Infringement of rule 1a and1b.

Just wanted to share a link to my related web thread over at the Thunderbolts Forum...

Ancients Knowledge of EU (Electric Universe) revealed in Dendera Light discovery

-Armand

Ah, yes. Your review of the material previously provided in this thread and subsequent contributions almost completely mask your attempt to use this site to generate hits on your own. Very cleverly done.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by kmt_sesh
  • Like 2

I am very intested in Lost Ancient Technology, like the Ancient Egyptian Light Bulbs (aka Dendera Light).

I have had some success in reproducing the glowing (plasma) snake depicted on the temple walls at Dendera Egypt.

post-149243-0-43555400-1405404864_thumb.

The implication of the discovery is that the Ancient Egyptians actually had knowledge of Electricity, and the Electric Universe.

I found this web thread and thought I would share what I have discovered here at Unexplained-Mysteries...

I believe there is new physics here to be re-discoved.

-Armand

*Snip*

-Armand

The invisible hand of Kmt_sesh strikes again.

Coming out of retirement?

Harte

I am very intested in Lost Ancient Technology, like the Ancient Egyptian Light Bulbs (aka Dendera Light).

I have had some success in reproducing the glowing (plasma) snake depicted on the temple walls at Dendera Egypt.

The implication of the discovery is that the Ancient Egyptians actually had knowledge of Electricity, and the Electric Universe.

I found this web thread and thought I would share what I have discovered here at Unexplained-Mysteries...

-Armand

No, the implication of the discovery is that you're unaware that what's in the picture is explained in full by what's written on the walls of the very same room.

Harte

• Like 3

-Armand

You had better hope Atum (the snake) does not show up and kill you for messing with his mythic story.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/references-and-transcripts/112-2/

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

No, the implication of the discovery is that you're unaware that what's in the picture is explained in full by what's written on the walls of the very same room.

Harte

Unlike some Dendera Light theorists/researchers, I am quite aware of, and very interested in, the writings/stories on the walls...

The interesting thing I've found is that, when you start with an understanding of the technology depicted on the temple walls, the mythological stories actually begin to make sense - technologically... I have discovered that the Snake Tube (aka the Dendera Light) is actually a Stable Low Density Plasma Focus Device...

post-149243-0-61486800-1405458518_thumb.

Dendera Crypt: The lotus gives forth the sun of a new day...

Translation: The plasma focus (device) produces a new solar orb (i.e. similar to new suns found in galactic nebula, only smaller)...

A plasma focus device (aka the lotus flower) spontaneously creates a glowing plasma snake in a mercury vapor envelope (tube)...

post-149243-0-49721900-1405460589_thumb.post-149243-0-11309600-1405460633_thumb.

If you have the time, google 'dendera plasmiod' and check out the forum thread: Ancients Knowledge of EU revealed in Dendera Light discovery

I believe the Dendera Temple will turning out to be the Rosetta Stone of Egyptian Technology...

The stories on the walls are a code, a cypher, a puzzle - you need a key to unlock its true meaning - and an understanding of the technology is the key...

(just as Greek was the key to decoding the original Rosetta Stone)

post-149243-0-98609700-1405459820_thumb.

The Egyptians speak of drawing down the energy from the Sun, that pushes back death...

These are not light bulbs, they are healing devices...

-Armand

Ps, I post for your edification. I simply want to share what I have found... There is new physics here to re-discover...

Edited by Master Armand

The interesting thing I've found is that, when you start with an understanding of the technology depicted on the temple walls, the mythological stories actually begin to make sense - technologically... I have discovered that the Snake Tube (aka the Dendera Light) is actually a Stable Low Density Plasma Focus Device...

In other words you're force-fitting an interpretation which doesn't actually exist. You're not the first.

cormac

• Like 1

Unlike some Dendera Light theorists/researchers, I am quite aware of, and very interested in, the writings/stories on the walls...

post-149243-0-61486800-1405458518_thumb.

Dendera Crypt: The lotus gives forth the sun of a new day...

Translation: The plasma focus (device) produces a new solar orb (i.e. similar to new suns found in galactic nebula, only smaller)...

A plasma focus device (aka the lotus flower) spontaneously creates a glowing plasma snake in a mercury vapor envelope (tube)...

post-149243-0-49721900-1405460589_thumb.post-149243-0-11309600-1405460633_thumb.

If you have the time, google 'dendera plasmiod' and check out the forum thread: Ancients Knowledge of EU revealed in Dendera Light discovery

I believe the Dendera Temple will turning out to be the Rosetta Stone of Egyptian Technology...

The stories on the walls are a code, a cypher, a puzzle - you need a key to unlock its true meaning - and an understanding of the technology is the key...

(just as Greek was the key to decoding the original Rosetta Stone)

post-149243-0-98609700-1405459820_thumb.

The Egyptians speak of drawing down the energy from the Sun, that pushes back death...

-Armand

Ps, I post for your edification. I simply want to share what I have found... There is new physics here to re-discover...

Please supply us with the translations you used to come up with this "original" idea.

This should be good.

Harte

• Like 1

Please supply us with the translations you used to come up with this "original" idea.

This should be good.

Harte

mais4.gif

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 1

In other words you're force-fitting an interpretation which doesn't actually exist. You're not the first.

cormac

Nor will he be the last.

Cheers,

Badeskov

-Armand

Out of curiosity, how does a mercury vapor plasma actually induce healing?

And where is the other technology that would be required to sustain/invent such a device? Let me guess...... Aliens??