Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Tassili Paintings -- ancient alien pics?

bouncer

Im mostly sure that until we dig up an Intact Star Ship complete with operations manuals and spare Dylithiumn crystals to power it up were looking at cave art and imaginations. :tu:

Also I want first dibs on a ride in it !

post-68971-0-51355300-1329885023_thumb.j

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bouncer

• scowl

• psyche101

• zenfahr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are these cave paintings and the like proof of ancient contact?

Quote: "The paintings should be grist for serious examination, as they provide some kinds of seminal truths about early man and early attempts at social civilization, maybe even something about contact with the Tassili humans by externals – externals from outside the Earth or externals from other areas of the Earth -- externals who were extant in 4000 B.C"

Or... are they just proof of autistic ancient man... chewing the wrong toadstools and having a paint session?

http://ufocon.blogspot.com/2012/02/tassili-paintings-what-do-they-tell-us.html

actually I do like this subject of ancient man and....visitors....

Or...."Honey, the kids got into the paints again!"...lol, sorry I couldn't resist. I wish I had some of the goofy pics my kids drew when they were little. Really, we might just never know what these pictures were supposed to be depicting. I thought some of them looked like bugs or some sort of aquatic life. :hmm:

Oh look! 'Senior penis arms' - Guaranteed to keep the ladies happy...

And obvious proof ET are messing with genetics and growing extra penises wherever they can.

I watched a documentary showing how certain cave and rock paintings were created, I think, showing Austalian Aboriginals but I may be wrong on that one, whereby they actually use their mouths to spray the pigments onto the rock. The documentary showed how they did this to create 'hand' shapes by placing their hand onto the rock surface then blowing the pigment in fluid form from their mouths, over their hand. Removing the hand then (obviously) left the image of a hand on the rock surface.

If they were able to use this technique, maybe they also learned how to use reed 'straws' or something similar to create thinner lines/drawings. Possible I suppose :)

Sweet! Thanks for the info :) I may have to try this myself and see how it turns out.

Yeh I did notice that, but theres better links available and better pics, I just picked any quick link to provide the info from memory. But how do you get a sharp photo of a faded dull painting inside a presumably dark cave... on dark rock tho?

Not that all the paintings are in caves of course.. not to mention your screen resolution!!!

From the way the photographs look, they seem to have lights set up in the cave making it pretty bright so that probably helped them get the photos. The paintings look sharper than I would have expected, which made me think they looked like they had been done with masking. That could be a trick of the photos though, if they were taken at one size and then resized smaller to go on that website it would make the edges look nicer and sharper than they would IRL.

Well I suppose until I could actually go there I wouldn't know for sure :)

IF the Cave painting were actually of Aliens and There hardware they used to get here there would be thousands and thousands of accounts of such things,world wide ! And Books ,upon Books written about it ?

ANd then we would of by now found at least a few bits and pieces of hardware laying around !

Right ?

I believe the ancients didn't start recording history till much, much later than cave-drawing times, and I don't think there's any chance they would last anyway (e.g. the Library of Alexandria)..

As for the hardware.. Assuming they were made of metal (if they existed), they would disintergrate to nothing much quicker than you think.. Its believed even entire cities like L.A. or New York would be gone, without a trace, within a mere few millennia. Metals oxidize rapidly.

I believe the ancients didn't start recording history till much, much later than cave-drawing times, and I don't think there's any chance they would last anyway (e.g. the Library of Alexandria)..

As for the hardware.. Assuming they were made of metal (if they existed), they would disintergrate to nothing much quicker than you think.. Its believed even entire cities like L.A. or New York would be gone, without a trace, within a mere few millennia. Metals oxidize rapidly.

hardware? meaning alien artifacts? What if they only visited for one day? Or a week? Then if they zoomed off back where they came from, then doubtless they took their bits and pieces with them... maybe even, when societies got formed into the civil structures we have now, the 'authorities' at the time hid any left behind artefacts away, (like the ARK of the covenant)

Just a one day visit of these strange looking non human creatures could inspire rock paintings as the ancients had to record/describe their unusual sightings. And we dont even know if the ancient painters even had language, do we?

If I go visit my mother for a day, I bring all my stuff back with me, including my 'travelling machine'/car!

Edited by bouncer

IF the Cave painting were actually of Aliens and There hardware they used to get here there would be thousands and thousands of accounts of such things,world wide ! And Books ,upon Books written about it ?

ANd then we would of by now found at least a few bits and pieces of hardware laying around !

Right ?

But strange cave paintings are found world wide, and many books have been written, do a google!

That horned demon with the penises growing on his inside elbows is pretty disturbing.

He's my favorite. He looks like he's comin' to getcha! Booga booga! :o

Just a one day visit of these strange looking non human creatures could inspire rock paintings as the ancients had to record/describe their unusual sightings. And we dont even know if the ancient painters even had language, do we?

Are you asking if humans could talk to each other six thousand years ago?

Metals oxidize rapidly.

Yeah, just ask anyone who has owned a Vega or a Pinto...

Are you asking if humans could talk to each other six thousand years ago?

not at all, no, I only questioned if the 'ancient painters' could, I didnt put any time frame there...but the thread expanded into other images/links not just the link in the op...

hardware? meaning alien artifacts? What if they only visited for one day? Or a week? Then if they zoomed off back where they came from, then doubtless they took their bits and pieces with them... maybe even, when societies got formed into the civil structures we have now, the 'authorities' at the time hid any left behind artefacts away, (like the ARK of the covenant)

If I go visit my mother for a day, I bring all my stuff back with me, including my 'travelling machine'/car!

Can't argue with you there. I'm not even close to being sold on the AA theory, though, but I have seen some things that make me really scratch my head.

But strange cave paintings are found world wide, and many books have been written, do a google!

That is because humans are world wide, and humans have imagination, and humans create art. The books that have been written in the vein of Ancient Astronauts are stealing centuries of culture and manipulating it to suit a fantasy. It's just the wrong thing to do IMHO. More respect should be given to the cultures that created these artworks.

That is because humans are world wide, and humans have imagination, and humans create art. The books that have been written in the vein of Ancient Astronauts are stealing centuries of culture and manipulating it to suit a fantasy. It's just the wrong thing to do IMHO. More respect should be given to the cultures that created these artworks.

Yeah ! WHat sells is what we want to buy. And most of us want to Buy anything thats about the possibilities ! As for the metals from E.T`s Deep Thought, or Starship of the Imagination. Its construction just be made of pure controlled energy and the actual structure made of nothing we can dream up . YET !

So Look futher my son the E.T.s are out there,Some where. Some how, SOme day ! :w00t:

Most cave paintings were of animals which they hunted for food, skins, horns for tools etc. If aliens did come here in those times, maybe the rock art is just another species they hunted, rather than seeing them as gods. And the few aliens that did come were hunted to extinction. Lets face it, if (and it's a big 'if') they were here thousands of years ago, there would not have been that many of them.

This is not my opinion, it is just a thought :)

People Had Scary Stories With Monsters Then, As We Do Today .. And That's Probably What's Depicted There .. On The Other Hand, Who Wouldn't Love Them To Be Paintings Of Real Aliens .... :)

not at all, no, I only questioned if the 'ancient painters' could,

The answer is yes, they had a spoken language.

I didnt put any time frame there...but the thread expanded into other images/links not just the link in the op...

You can be sure that if they could paint, they could talk.

That is because humans are world wide, and humans have imagination, and humans create art.

This art and imagination also has power as we've seen in hundreds of magnificent churches. If you want to control your tribe, you tell them of the scary stuff the tribe protects you from. You draw frightening images like my werewolf guy and watch the members cower.

The books that have been written in the vein of Ancient Astronauts are stealing centuries of culture and manipulating it to suit a fantasy. It's just the wrong thing to do IMHO. More respect should be given to the cultures that created these artworks.

Additionally, they disregard the brilliance of these ancient cultures in their ability to build incredible structures using clever tools, simple techniques and literally armies of manpower.

It's much like what happened when colonialists went to Africa and discovered the incredible granite masonry in Zimbabwe. They asked the African natives who built these incredible structures since they knew Negroes were incapable of building anything but crude huts.

When the natives showed them how they split smooth blocks from granite outcrops by heating them with fires they asked... who showed them how to do this? They knew Negroes couldn't have learned this on their own. :rolleyes:

Now we know... it was aliens!

then theres this one:

Quote: "Down below is cave painting is c.10,000 BC and is from Val Camonica, Italy.It appears to depict two beings in protective suits holding strange implements"

whats this all about then? http://www.ufo-blogg...10000-year.html

...or maybe a pregnant women?

The answer is yes, they had a spoken language.

You can be sure that if they could paint, they could talk.

How can you be so sure though? None of us can unless we find writing they left behind instead of piccies!

But I dont entirely doubt you after reading this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1566748/Cavemen-may-have-used-language.html

Quick quote in that link:

"The discovery of the gene, called FOXP2, have provided the strongest evidence yet that these heavily built species were capable of speech, although the researchers are unable to say what extent their linguistic ability would have been.

FOXP2 is thought to be crucial to the development of language as it governs the fine control of muscles that is needed to form words with the larynx, lips and tongue".

And further down that page

"But some scientists have warned that it is not possible draw any conclusions about the Neanderthals ability to speak from the research, which is published in the journal Current Biology".

You say: You can be sure that if they could paint, they could talk"

And long before both my sons were talking ...they both did their finger paintings... and of that I am indeed sure!

How can you be so sure though?

Because the brains and larynxes of humans from six thousand years ago are no different from ours. Verbal communication (in one form or another) is a natural activity. We also have artifacts that show humans lived in societies that would have required verbal communication to form and maintain.

None of us can unless we find writing they left behind instead of piccies!

Written language is artificial. It was developed by humans and is learned by humans. Many societies less than two hundred years ago still had no written language.

And long before both my sons were talking ...they both did their finger paintings... and of that I am indeed sure!

Did you notice that your children learned to walk and talk during the same year? Do you think that proves that all bipedal humanoids were able to talk?

Because the brains and larynxes of humans from six thousand years ago are no different from ours. Verbal communication (in one form or another) is a natural activity. We also have artifacts that show humans lived in societies that would have required verbal communication to form and maintain.

Written language is artificial. It was developed by humans and is learned by humans. Many societies less than two hundred years ago still had no written language.

Did you notice that your children learned to walk and talk during the same year? Do you think that proves that all bipedal humanoids were able to talk?

and did you read that article that casts doubt on what you say? I mean their only scientists and stuff...

and did you read that article that casts doubt on what you say? I mean their only scientists and stuff...

Do you know that Homo sapiens and Neanderthals are different?

Do you know that Homo sapiens and Neanderthals are different?

Naturally. But could Neanderthals talk? If a Neanderthal told us a joke would we get it? Or even understand the language?

But as I stated before, I've never mentioned... 'how far back we're talking', you've made an assumption again. How far back do you assume language came about?