Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Cassea

The Gift of Grace How has it changed you?

4 posts in this topic

I thought it would be nice to share our experiences. For those who don't understand Grace:

Grace

God’s gift of salvation was one of pure love. He desired humanity to join him in heaven, but he could not force us to accept his gift of love. Upon creating humans, he endowed us with free will so that we could freely return his infinite love with love. Thus God could only attribute the salvation of Christ’s passion (his crucifixion and resurrection) to those who freely returned his love in faith and hope.

Human experience shows that people often have a tendency to draw toward evil and selfish passions. This misplaced love for the things of our natural world is a result of the original sin of mankind and the continuing temptation of Satan. In order to help humanity choose God over selfishness and temporal happiness, the crucifixion of Jesus brought forth a new gift: the gift of grace.

Grace is the free and undeserved help that God gives us to respond to his call. The Church teaches us that grace moves us to participate in the life of God and moves us to begin and sustain a relationship with our Creator. Grace not only assists us in living the Christian life through purification of our hearts, it literally changes our souls by infusing divine life to heal the wounds of sin. Grace is wrought through the work of the Holy Spirit, and grace is what initially moves our hearts to conversion and repentance.

Source *please cite sources in the future*

I think the biggest change for me, is that Grace gave me a way to have a relationship with Jesus. Not just God. It changed my life because it causes me not to judge others. People often say Christians judge people. I don't. And I know that it's not just in relation to religious ideas.

I don't judge people who are cranky sales clerks. I tend to forgive a little too quickly according to my brother. He says my mind is always on understanding why a person would do the bad things they do. This is another example of the power of Grace in my life.

Edited by Paranoid Android

I thought it would be nice to share our experiences. For those who don't understand Grace:

I think the biggest change for me, is that Grace gave me a way to have a relationship with Jesus. Not just God. It changed my life because it causes me not to judge others. People often say Christians judge people. I don't. And I know that it's not just in relation to religious ideas.

I don't judge people who are cranky sales clerks. I tend to forgive a little too quickly according to my brother. He says my mind is always on understanding why a person would do the bad things they do. This is another example of the power of Grace in my life.

I first saw the power of grace in my life when I realized that the Jesus I learned of as a child was actually the One who created all things - including me. I was the kind of person who felt alone in a crowd often. Then I asked Him to come in and help me with the mess I felt I'd made of things in my life. There were no angels or trumpets (that I could see or hear :) )but I felt a peace that I had never known before. I became much more aware of the feelings of others and tried very hard not to judge when I felt I'd been wronged. I developed a need to study God's word because I believe He wrote it in the hearts and minds of the prophets and apostles. It's not an easy path and I stumble regularly. But knowing He loves me I get up again and try to do better. Remaking myself anew everyday. He forgave me while I was still His enemy. When I am able to do the same with others it is the most wonderful feeling I can achieve. I look forward to the day when my tagline will be true for all: Psalm 133:1 Behold how good and pleasant it is when brothers live together.

I thought it would be nice to share our experiences. ...

Grace is a confusing topic for me, but I can say that God reached out to me on many occasions in my life which caused me to think that God loved me in a real and tangible way, so much so that I didn't kill myself when I had the desire to do so and so much so that I can still feel his love thirty years later.

Keven

Through grace, I'm experiencing the many sides of detachment and acceptance and dispassion.