Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bracket

Seinfeld Actor Attempts Suicide

14 posts in this topic

Daniel von Bargen, perhaps best known as Mr Kruger on “Seinfeld”, was hospitalized this week after shooting himself in the head in a botched suicide attempt.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Very, very sad.

Wow, I thought it was Jason Alexander, I don't know why, I really had a feeling that it was him....

Anyway, sad. Von Bargen and Jason Alexander had a good chemistry on the show. Kruger was not a funny character, but Von Bargen was obviously a talented actor.

That is very sad. Wow, it was a .38 pistol, those usually do a pretty good job of putting a hole where they are pointed...he must have flinched last second or something.

Well, he will get some help at the hospital, hopefully he takes it and gets better.

That is very sad. Wow, it was a .38 pistol, those usually do a pretty good job of putting a hole where they are pointed...he must have flinched last second or something.

Well, he will get some help at the hospital, hopefully he takes it and gets better.

I thought the same thing. A .38, hmmm. Maybe it was a hollow point and fragged too much to hit the right places. Him making the call suggest to me that he pretty much had second thoughts moved the gun and it went off. Sad any way you look at it.

I thought the same thing. A .38, hmmm. Maybe it was a hollow point and fragged too much to hit the right places. Him making the call suggest to me that he pretty much had second thoughts moved the gun and it went off. Sad any way you look at it.

Yeah, my ears are ringing just thinking how loud that would be right next to your head like that...of course that isn't one of the guys big problems right now but wow...big bang.

I have seen so many people shoot themselves with a .22 (I think one of the most commonly used calibers) and they generally don't have enough power to exit, they just go in and bounce around until the bullet runs out of momentum. What a mess. Anyway...sad. I hate seeing people that feel like that is their best option.

Yeah, my ears are ringing just thinking how loud that would be right next to your head like that...of course that isn't one of the guys big problems right now but wow...big bang.

I have seen so many people shoot themselves with a .22 (I think one of the most commonly used calibers) and they generally don't have enough power to exit, they just go in and bounce around until the bullet runs out of momentum. What a mess. Anyway...sad. I hate seeing people that feel like that is their best option.

You are correct. .22 do lots of damage without death many times. Not to get off topic that is why I am a proponant of changing the NATO round 5.56 by .45mm to a more lethal 7.62 by 51mm.

You are correct. .22 do lots of damage without death many times. Not to get off topic that is why I am a proponant of changing the NATO round 5.56 by .45mm to a more lethal 7.62 by 51mm.

I was a MRI tech at a VA hospital for 5 years and saw and heard some interesting things. One guy was there for a brain scan and while I'm screening him for surgeries, foreign bodies, shrapnel.etc he ups and says "Well, I got shot in the head once." And points to this dimple in his forehead! He was in his bunk watching a friend cleaning his .45 and next thing he knows it's 5 months later and he's waking up in the hospital. And he didn't even have a mental deficit - seemed as normal as anyone else...amazing.

Wow, I thought it was Jason Alexander, I don't know why, I really had a feeling that it was him....

Anyway, sad. Von Bargen and Jason Alexander had a good chemistry on the show. Kruger was not a funny character, but Von Bargen was obviously a talented actor.

Really? If anything, i would have thought of Michael Richards. Jason Alexander always seems to be in a good mood whenever i see him in newer stuff. :huh:

Edited by Bracket

Really? If anything, i would have thought of Michael Richards. Jason Alexander always seems to be in a good mood whenever i see him in newer stuff. :huh:

I don't know why, I simply had a feeling that it was Jason. I often read that he was depressed, that he had trouble finding other jobs since the end of Seinfeld, that he was disappointed that his new project ( Listen Up ) was canceled after a few shows.....

I don't know why, I simply had a feeling that it was Jason. I often read that he was depressed, that he had trouble finding other jobs since the end of Seinfeld, that he was disappointed that his new project ( Listen Up ) was canceled after a few shows.....

He's quite a talented voice actor - and downright creepy when given the chance (Criminal Minds).

I was a MRI tech at a VA hospital for 5 years and saw and heard some interesting things. One guy was there for a brain scan and while I'm screening him for surgeries, foreign bodies, shrapnel.etc he ups and says "Well, I got shot in the head once." And points to this dimple in his forehead! He was in his bunk watching a friend cleaning his .45 and next thing he knows it's 5 months later and he's waking up in the hospital. And he didn't even have a mental deficit - seemed as normal as anyone else...amazing.

Pretty amazing and a .45 too boot. Very lucky indeed.

my head, hot and wild with emotions

the metal cold and soothing in my hands

do i? don't i? BANG!

- eulogy performed by J. Peterman catalogue :devil:

He was brilliant in Super Troopers. I hope everything turns out well for him and he gets all the help he needs.