Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Launch From The Moon 02/23/2012

RoadMaster04

I took several pic tonight but what I got was not what I expected I will post three pis & I have the origenals still on my Camera A Canon Xti, W Lens 100x300, What do you think, no tricks. If this is so Who is Launching & where are they Going???

post-4544-0-86521400-1330059814_thumb.jp

post-4544-0-50731600-1330059836_thumb.jp

post-4544-0-46271000-1330059860_thumb.jp

Edited by RoadMaster04

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RoadMaster04

• vitruvian12

• Robbo

• ChrLzs

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took several pic tonight but what I got was not what I expected I will post three pis & I have the origenals still on my Camera A Canon Xti, W Lens 100x300, What do you think, no tricks. If this is so Who is Launching & where are they Going???

It looks like just a photo artifact of some kind. Despite the blurry double imaged photo the flare is quite clear. That aside I doubt such a thing as a missle launch would be visible considering how poor the resolution is.

I agree - it looks like some form of camera artifact. Otherwise that would be one hell of a massive blast off...similar to the volcano on Io

tvashtar1.jpg

1. TRIPOD.

2. FOCUS.

And state your exposure settings - these images are showing 'earthshine', and therefore would probably render stars. Given the motion blur and doubling of the 'unknown' seems to exactly match the motion blur/doubling of the Moon, it's possibly just a star, but could also be an optical artefact. Given time I could probably tell you which star, if you could be specific about exactly where and when it was taken. (Actually, even without that it could probably be worked out by the phase..)

But given the state of those images, I can't really justify the time..

Here's a quick *handheld* shot of the moon taken on a much inferior camera..

gallery_95887_15_20792.jpg

(Note that one didn't need to be on a tripod as it was exposed to show the full-ish sunlit moon surface, so I guess that's cheating a little..)

Come back when you have one better than that, ok? :) Then we'll ask for the originals and get a bit more serious..

While transient lunar phenomena (TLPs) are acknowledged, the likelihood you have captured an event of outgassing would be very remote.

1. TRIPOD.

2. FOCUS.

And state your exposure settings - these images are showing 'earthshine', and therefore would probably render stars. Given the motion blur and doubling of the 'unknown' seems to exactly match the motion blur/doubling of the Moon, it's possibly just a star, but could also be an optical artefact. Given time I could probably tell you which star, if you could be specific about exactly where and when it was taken. (Actually, even without that it could probably be worked out by the phase..)

But given the state of those images, I can't really justify the time..

Here's a quick *handheld* shot of the moon taken on a much inferior camera..

gallery_95887_15_20792.jpg

(Note that one didn't need to be on a tripod as it was exposed to show the full-ish sunlit moon surface, so I guess that's cheating a little..)

Come back when you have one better than that, ok? :) Then we'll ask for the originals and get a bit more serious..

in the third frame the oject apeers to be moving to the right, my camera is not the best but the three images are not at the same time & the object is stationarey I realy think it is on the moon not on my lens or in my camera or it would do it in other shots i moved the camera to see if it was in the same place it stayed the same.

post-4544-0-39699700-1330094825_thumb.jp

In the third pic there is another speck of light of a similar color or to the right of the center one. It is not near the surface at all which makes me think you must be capturing something in the background like a bright star. It could still be an artifact brought out by the more intense light at the bottom of the moon.

in the third frame the oject apeers to be moving to the right, my camera is not the best but the three images are not at the same time & the object is stationarey I realy think it is on the moon not on my lens or in my camera or it would do it in other shots i moved the camera to see if it was in the same place it stayed the same.

I noticed this too, I know very little technically about photography so will just follow the thread and see what the experts say.

welcome BTW :tu:

In the third pic there is another speck of light of a similar color or to the right of the center one. It is not near the surface at all which makes me think you must be capturing something in the background like a bright star. It could still be an artifact brought out by the more intense light at the bottom of the moon.

I think the third speck of light is part of the anomily, there was no star in the area of the moon if the sky is cleer tonight I will shoot the same shots with two cameras in the same time of thiese pics was taken I think this was an event of some sort, Yet it may have been a satelite passing by the moon.

Why dont you get them developed and send them off to the worlds expert of the moon,Sir Patrick Moore,I'm sure you would get a reply,the other guys who took shots of the moon were in a different time phase and looking from different view points,I dont think that you are "seeing things".Best Wishes.S.T.M

Why dont you get them developed and send them off to the worlds expert of the moon,Sir Patrick Moore,I'm sure you would get a reply,the other guys who took shots of the moon were in a different time phase and looking from different view points,I dont think that you are "seeing things".Best Wishes.S.T.M

Thank you STM, I may do that, I have a friend who suggested I may have cought a Meteorite hitting the surface of the moon or Solar Rays known as, Solar flares "sandblasting" the Moon

http://www.scienceagogo.com

Solar flares "sandblasting" the Moon

Thank you STM, I may do that, I have a friend who suggested I may have cought a Meteorite hitting the surface of the moon or Solar Rays known as, Solar flares "sandblasting" the Moon

http://www.scienceagogo.com

Solar flares "sandblasting" the Moon

I cant find the article youre talking about on that link. I dont believe solar rays are visible. If you believe the two bright specks are related and are coming from the moon why are the so far apart? And why is the one speck not even near the moon?