Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
MongoMagnificent

The Hands Confront Him

13 posts in this topic

Watching Fact or Faked today they briefly covered the following video, they don't show the whole video on the show and quickly say it's a CG hoax.

I've watched this a few times now and I say, those hands look VERY real and don't look digital.

What do you think?

If anyone knows more about this, please share!

the effects are physical ones - except the eye at the end, that's CGI. You'll notice there's a rippling whenever an arm appears in the roof - that is the actor's arm coming though the material used to make the 'roof', it could be a "inversed" roof, with the roof actually being a floor covered with a viscous liquid.

It's elaborate I'll give them that, and it's downright creepy. If it's CGI it's good CGI.

This has been discussed here before.

One thing I'll say is that 'cgi' doesn't have to mean an image that was created in a 3D modelling program like Pixar's films. Special effects software can also be used to composite real-life footage into new scenes - in this case, footage of real arms into the video of the room. This can then be motion tracked to match the shake of the camera. Notice how the arms don't cast shadows?

It's very well made though.

this was done for a webseries I think. Something to do with hornets in he title? It's most definitely all special effects, but I heard the series was really good, whatever it was.

Posted (edited)

Watching Fact or Faked today they briefly covered the following video, they don't show the whole video on the show and quickly say it's a CG hoax.

I've watched this a few times now and I say, those hands look VERY real and don't look digital.

What do you think?

If anyone knows more about this, please share!

That's a scene from the mockumentary entitled "Grave Encounters".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_encounters

Edit. The arms in the ceiling are from GE, I don't know about the rest.

Vexing, the webseries you're referring to is Marble Hornets. It's based around Slenderman.

Edited by Morreh

I saw this video a while ago. It's fake but it's one of the freaking creepiest things I have ever seen. There is so much talent out there that Hollywood(or whomever makes movies these days) should consider tapping into. People like this do an amazing job with special effects much better than those on some movies.

lol the thing at the end was funny and freaky, so I call it funky...

wow that was terrible.

I thought the video looked good until that really silly "monster" popped up.

Very made up.. but also well-made. I always enjoyed the little shiver it gives me.

lol good but fake, i hope i dont dream about hands tonight lol

looks fake as hell to me :td:

Awesome. A little performance art, and a little CG can go a long ways.

This guy sounds like he's badly constipated. More seriously however...I truly caution these pranksters and fakers to be careful of the energy they might attract by putting this stuff out there. Certain unseen forces could be at work to eventually sr urprise them with the "real Mcoy"...ya never know @#$#@