Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PETA 'killed more than 95% of dogs and cats

Still Waters

They care what other people eat because they care about the treatment of animals that are given life solely to be eventually eaten by humans. The fact is, the vast majority of animals that are bred for food have short, miserable, unnatural lives. A lot of 'pets' also have miserable lives, lived entirely on the terms and whims of their 'owners'.

So, you missed the original topic here didn't you?............:yes:

Unless you mean that they only care about animals that are going to be eaten, and not dogs or cats that could be adopted out.

It sounds like you have a mighty big heart, rashore. :tu:

Hmmm ....... if you really feel strongly that PETA is bad, why did you suggest a link to such a weak article? I could find nothing against PETA in it. I'm certainly not going to waste time looking for more damning articles ...... there's been nothing in this entire topic/thread that has made me think PETA is any worse than any other animal-welfare group.

To remain willfully ignorant is your prerogative.

I can't help but notice you have ignored MissMel's eye witness account of their stupidity.

They care what other people eat because they care about the treatment of animals that are given life solely to be eventually eaten by humans. The fact is, the vast majority of animals that are bred for food have short, miserable, unnatural lives. A lot of 'pets' also have miserable lives, lived entirely on the terms and whims of their 'owners'.

I gotta agree with you and not..

A lot of farming practices are horrid, I totally agree... But some farming practices are not bad. On the flip side, a lot of pets got a pretty darn good life and are treated really well.. But some pets have horrid lives.

I just want to smack the snot out of people that make animal lives horrid. But I applaud people that make animal lives good or try to be as humane as possible. There is some of both.

I just can't agree with PETAs practices. They go into some actions that I just can't agree with. They IMO go for shock value instead of teaching values. Instead of blowing a bunch of cash showing an ad of a mostly naked gal, they could spend the same money exposing an unethical farm. Or instead of a sex ad for veggiess making a man bang more, they could show a school program that increased veggies and the students are all doing better in school for the sake of better fuel. Instead of spending money protesting an egg farmer, they could spend the same money lobbying for better egg farming practices. Or heck, hitting up sport hunting instead of conservation hunting. Instead of supporting groups that just "spring" animals, they could support groups that are conserving those animals.

Then maybe PETA should stop using their ALF buddies to kill animals and maybe PETA should stop killing a animals too. Or is a dead dog better than a live one? Is a dead parrot better than a live one (cuz I know one very rare CITES I parrot that's dead because of PETA and ALF). Real animal lovers know PETA is full of crap. Real animals lovers don't kill pets but work to reduce populations of pets in ways that don't harm people or animals.

And, a vegan diet is for the birds (and most birds aren't even vegan) humans were not designed to be vegans. My parents WERE vegans for 43 years...they look old, they look tired, they have numerous health issues and they're young! Just 65 years old! In the last two years they finally started eating a balanced diet again. Health improved, allergies cleared up. and several of their more annoying aliments cleared up as well. Maybe with any luck they'll live to be 75 now. There was nothing that all the good cooking and suppliments could to do to replace what they were losing by not eating a balanced diet in the first place. And if you think it's just because they're "ignorant" about a vegan diet, you'd be dead wrong about that too... my mother runs an organization that promotes nothing but health and diet, a yoga studio as well as a foundation geared toward similar... 43 years of veganism is a good way to ensure you die young. I don't care if you die young... go for it but don't you dare make ME die young. I'm going to have a big steak in yours and PETA's honor tonight. Most self-proclaimed vegans don't last more than a year or two on a strict vegan diet... so they don't know much. I was raised on it, my folks did it for 43 years. We at least have experience with the long term effects of it.

Again, PETA doesn't give a rats patootie about animals or people... they very much love money, contraversy, and the spotlight. SAD.

Edited by MissMelsWell

A lot of farming practices are horrid, I totally agree... But some farming practices are not bad. On the flip side, a lot of pets got a pretty darn good life and are treated really well.. But some pets have horrid lives.

I just want to smack the snot out of people that make animal lives horrid. But I applaud people that make animal lives good or try to be as humane as possible. There is some of both.

I just can't agree with PETAs practices. They go into some actions that I just can't agree with. They IMO go for shock value instead of teaching values. Instead of blowing a bunch of cash showing an ad of a mostly naked gal, they could spend the same money exposing an unethical farm. Or instead of a sex ad for veggiess making a man bang more, they could show a school program that increased veggies and the students are all doing better in school for the sake of better fuel. Instead of spending money protesting an egg farmer, they could spend the same money lobbying for better egg farming practices. Or heck, hitting up sport hunting instead of conservation hunting. Instead of supporting groups that just "spring" animals, they could support groups that are conserving those animals.

:nw::nw::nw::nw::nw:

Very well said. I believe PETA could be doing so much more to educate the public and actually make a difference in the lives of animals than the outrageous tactics they are using now. They seem to waste so much money on frivolous ads and displays of attention.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe PETA could be doing so much more to educate the public and actually make a difference in the lives of animals than the outrageous tactics they are using now. They seem to waste so much money on frivolous ads and displays of attention.

I imagine PETA takes the approach it does because unless you slap people in the face and do something really dramatic to grab their attention, they tend to go along the line of least resistance and simply do what they've always done/follow the unthinking majority ...... regardless of how good and reasonable the message is.

So, you missed the original topic here didn't you?............:yes:

Unless you mean that they only care about animals that are going to be eaten, and not dogs or cats that could be adopted out.

I repeat: the numbers of animals that PETA puts down are a TINY fraction of the number put down in total in the US ...... which is '4-6 million'(per year).

The majority of these animals will NOT be in a state to be adopted ..... ask yourself why have they become 'rescue' animals in the first place?

If there are SUITABLE homes out there for all those animals, why are folks not queueing around the block from the doors of the rescue centres ...... begging to be given an animal or two? I would guess because the majority of them prefer the kudos of being seen with a 'pedigree' dog, or else they are persuaded to take an animal they didn't really want from a nearby litter(that also was probably not planned).

What do think is a solution to the problem?

To remain willfully ignorant is your prerogative.

I can't help but notice you have ignored MissMel's eye witness account of their stupidity.

I fail to see how I am being wilfully ignorant. I'm not going to waste my time wading through articles that are high on hyped-up drama and low on FACTS. If the link you gave was your best shot against PETA, well it was pathetic ..... just made me sympathetic towards them, because of the way people wilfully manipulate information for their own sensationalist 'articles'. Nothing in this topic(despite the fact that the posters here claim to be very anti-PETA), suggests to me that PETA is doing anything other than attempt to bring the plight of millions of animals to the attention of as great a proportion of the population as possible .... in the hope that they will find some compassion in their hearts and they will change their ways for the better.

As for MissMel's 'eye-witness' account: I would comment that protesting against a captured bird show is a very good thing to be doing ....... it's impossible to have sympathy with people who think it's okay to contain birds in tiny spaces for their entire lives, when you think of what size space a bird is born into and designed for. As for the exotic bird that was supposedly being bred to be re-released into the wild(where numbers are low), well I would say that was hardly a priority when so many captured/'domestic' animals are RIGHT NOW enduring the most appalling existences; THAT is where the population's focus should be ....... oh! but then that's not so glamourous, is it? And, oh dear, it may mean that you may have to rethink your eating-habits.

Setting animals free that are used to being caged and not having to forage for their food, is no longer considered a desirable thing by animal rights activists ...... it hasn't happened in this country for many, many years. I would give the people MissMel mentioned the benefit of the doubt, assume that they were young and passionate about their cause ..... that their heart was in the right place. At the end of a long, frustrating day dwelling on the plight of the poor birds in the show, they felt moved to act(they presumably did not know of the 'importance' of the particular bird in question, or perhaps they did but felt that when all was said and done it was a bird in a cage).

I find it interesting that MissMel didn't come to the conclusion that the people involved must have been very concerned about the plight of the birds to have taken such an action ...... and perhaps looked further into the reasons WHY they would do that. Was it sad that the bird died in that way? That's hard to say when you weigh it against the life it was leading ...... how on earth does a wild bird cope with being caged and coming into close proximity to lots of people and lots of noise and being transported in a vehicle?

Lets not forget that some 'liberated' animals thrive and establish wild colonies ..... the story could just as easily have had a happy ending.

Or heck, hitting up sport hunting instead of conservation hunting. Instead of supporting groups that just "spring" animals, they could support groups that are conserving those animals.

What's the difference? Either way animals are being hunted purely for the pleasure of the hunters ....... who, let's not forget, are working with a massive advantage: guns and dogs(sometimes horses too)..... how pathetic and embarressing is that?

Or is a dead dog better than a live one? Is a dead parrot better than a live one. Real animals lovers don't kill pets but work to reduce populations of pets in ways that don't harm people or animals.

I'm going to have a big steak in yours and PETA's honor tonight.

Again, PETA doesn't give a rats patootie about animals or people... they very much love money, contraversy, and the spotlight. SAD.

Dead animals are certainly preferable to ones that have to bear years of cruelty and pain.

And while work is being done to reduce pet populations ....... what happens to the millions that are suffering NOW? Pet populations are growing, not diminishing, even after many years of trying to educate the general, unthinking population ..... is it any wonder PETA aims to be controversial and gets itself in the 'spotlight'(as you call it), as much as possible?

I've got news for you: most people over 50 look tired, never mind those over 60! And those who smoke and drink a lot can look positively haggard at 35-40. Your parents are doing well. It sounds as if your parents have led active lives so they can't have been that ill. My experience is(I'm 59), that my long-term veggie/vegan friends of a similar age are the ones who are not on any medication(and that's unusual in over 50s), and they are the ones who can walk the furthest.

While you eat that steak, consider what the animal went through to make it posible.

I believe PETA could be doing so much more to educate the public and actually make a difference in the lives of animals than the outrageous tactics they are using now. They seem to waste so much money on frivolous ads and displays of attention.

The majority of the population want easy lives and to carry on as they always have done. They don't want to have it suggested to them that a lot of the practices they are party to are abominable, demeaning, cruel and barbaric ....... they certainly don't want to admit to this, change their ways, and ....... shock horror: stand up and be counted by supporting the welfare of animals vociferously to their friends, neighbours and colleagues. So PETA has to do it; PETA has to get the plight of millions of animals noticed .... any way it can. Because the animals can't speak for themselves.

Anyone considering donating to any animal shelter or organisation please do some volunteer work there first to see what happens behind closed doors. I volunteered for some months at a shelter and I am still traumatised at what I saw :cry: . And the worse thing is that the authorities who were suppose to protect animals from abuse and cruelty knew what was happening at this shelter but because it became political the skeletons were kept in the closet. I will never ever give money to any animal shelter or volunteer again UNLESS seeing first hand what happens out of view of the public eye. I tried to make a difference but got very badly burnt for my efforts. Like PETA they definitely killed healthy adoptable cats and dogs and definitely had a 95% kill rate. And after seeing what they did to the native wildlife!!! And how the donations were spent :o:no::angry: .

I am literally feeling nausious now with the memories.

Our show was protested by PETA. Not a big deal really... they just drew us more attention, and we could by in large ignore them and so could the visitors to the show. It wasn't anything we hadn't seen before. Late on a Sunday night when teh show was over, I was helping a woman who was in her 80s, a zoologist, who had a VERY rare bird, a Leadbeaters Cockatoo, these birds can only be kept under strict federal guidelines, and her main goal was breeding them to strenghten their numbers in the wild. The intention was for off-spring to be released back into their native habitat.

We were out by her car, I was helping her load a carrier into her car, when out of nowhere two men, and possibly one woman (it was hard to tell) came rushing up, dressed in black with their faces covered and screamed they were from the ALF (a PETA sponsored terrorist organization identified as a terrorist organization by the FBI) physically assaulted this little old lady, grabbed her VERY rare and very special cockatoo and let it go free. Where it flew into traffic and was promptly struck and killed by a car. I witnessed this all in front of my very little eyes. The trio who assaulted her and killed an important animal took off into the dark and were never caught.

PETA supports these terrorists groups without much shame. Terrorists groups who have killed thousands of animals, and harmed and killed a number of humans. PETA hates both humans and animals. They really do.

Well ..... this is a load of nonsense! The Leadbeaters Cockatoo is very definitely NOT a 'VERY rare bird'(it's not even a rare bird), so the mention of breeding to release into the wild thus strengthening numbers in there makes no sense. I looked on a site that actually CARES about the welfare of birds and discovered that the Leadbeaters Cockatoo has a lifespan of 80yrs(plenty of time to reproduce and ensure your numbers keep going up!), is a native of Australia and is very definitely NOT rare. This is what the site has to say about 'Pet Potential':'one of the less suitable cockatoos as a pet, very cuddly as babies, becoming quite dominant as they age. A lot of time and effort is required to keep them tame and happy.'

You 'witnessed this all in front of my very little eyes' ...... hmmm, not so little, you were 25 in 1992! I'm calling BS on your entire 'story' ..... you're a troll.

Neither PETA nor ALF have killed anyone, and no animal apart from those that are better off dead.

Be aware that your country's hysterical, knee-jerk, reactive list of 'terrorist groups' bears no resemblence to lists in other countries. The US seems to put anyone on their list who speaks up about injustices. Neither PETA nor ALF are considered terrorist organisations anywhere other than the US.

they definitely killed healthy adoptable cats and dogs and definitely had a 95% kill rate.

But if there was no one coming forward to adopt these animals then they were condemned to a miserable life(shut in small enclosures with no space to roam).

As for MissMel's 'eye-witness' account: I would comment that protesting against a captured bird show is a very good thing to be doing .......

And what make you think this was a captured bird? It was in fact not a captured bird. It was born domestically. As are the vast majority of large parrots in the USA.

it's impossible to have sympathy with people who think it's okay to contain

birds in tiny spaces for their entire lives, when you think of what size space a

bird is born into and designed for. As for the exotic bird that was supposedly

being bred to be re-released into the wild(where numbers are low), well I would

say that was hardly a priority when so many captured/'domestic' animals are

RIGHT NOW enduring the most appalling existences; THAT is where the population's

focus should be ....... oh! but then that's not so glamourous, is it? And, oh

dear, it may mean that you may have to rethink your eating-habits.

So again, the vast majority of parrots living domestically in the USA right now were born domestically. Importing these animals is very difficult and you have to have a license to do so. Most people seeking a parrot for companions aren't interested in having birds that were captured in the wild, they simply aren't good companions and never will be. The demand for wild-caught birds is nearly zero. Closed banding (a band on the ankle of the bird that's attached when the bird is a chick and cannot be applied when the bird is an adult) of parrots was started about 30 years ago. This ensures that even the stupidest buyer knows what they're getting.

Setting animals free that are used to being caged and not having to forage for

their food, is no longer considered a desirable thing by animal rights activists

...... it hasn't happened in this country for many, many years. I would give

BS, it happens quite frequently. ALF who is financially backed by PETA does it as often as they can get away with.

the people MissMel mentioned the benefit of the doubt, assume that they were

young and passionate about their cause ..... that their heart was in the right

place. At the end of a long, frustrating day dwelling on the plight of the poor

birds in the show, they felt moved to act(they presumably did not know of the

'importance' of the particular bird in question, or perhaps they did but felt

that when all was said and done it was a bird in a cage).

Wrong, anyone who knocks over an old lady, sets a very rare bird free in an urban setting, cares nothing about animals or people. Young, clearly stupid, and passionate is NOT an excuse. Why didn't they target me and my husband? After all, we had two large parrots at the show and about 20 smaller ones. I can tell you why they didn't target us... because we were young and apt to fight back. They went for the old lady, the easy target.

I find it interesting that MissMel didn't come to the conclusion that the people

involved must have been very concerned about the plight of the birds to have

taken such an action

No I didn't come to that conclusion. There was nothing to be concerned about. ALL the animals at that show were VERY well cared for! Anyone who takes the time to show, groom, feed expensive diets, bond and care for these animals isn't negligent. Breeders must love their pets because I can assure you there is no money to be made from bird breeding. It's long hours, VERY costly, and those who do it only do it because they love animals. If they cared for the plight of domestically kept birds, they'd work with breeders to help educated people on how to care for birds. Most breeders I know offer lifetime support for people who have adopted animals they've raised. They'll take the birds back no questions asked. I don't even have a parrot any longer, but I do keep two enclosers on hand in case a former client comes back to me and needs me to take their pet. OR if one of my birds ends up in a shelter, the band back be traced back to me. So far, it's never happened.

...... and perhaps looked further into the reasons WHY they would do that. Was it sad that the bird died in that way? That's hard to say when you weigh it against the life it was leading ...... how on earth does a wild bird cope with being caged and coming into close proximity to lots of people and lots of noise and being transported in a vehicle?

Lets not forget that some 'liberated' animals thrive and establish wild colonies ..... the story could just as easily have had a happy ending.

And this statement shows that you know absolutely NOTHING about parrots. And it shows that you're quite heartless. But that's what I expect from most PETA/ALF supporters. Large parrots are extremely social. They tend to like being around a lot of people. Most parrots in captivity live twice as long as their wild counterparts. Most parrots love riding in cars (although I've had two that were prone to car sickness). Large parrots tend to do just fine in homes when the people who keep them understand their needs.

And yes, liberated parrots can thrive in the wild. Much like Quaker (or Monk) parakeets can. They build HUGE colonies in the wild in many north american cities, and they become such a HUGE nuisance that the cities and counties end up exterminating them. Yea! Releasing non-native pets into the wild is SUCH a good idea! Especially releasing a virtually extinct genous into the wild is even a better idea! Are you HIGH?

The beautiful animal that was killed that night actually lived in a wonderful enormous aviary with others of its kind. That particular breed of parrot is extremely heavy bodied an their range isn't long due to that. The bird was fully flighted because he did live in an enclosure that was near to the size of it's natural range. So tell me why it was living such a pathetic life? It wasn't... it was a living a palace existance with mates, an exceptional diet, free flighted, and wonderfully cared for in the hopes of bringing its native population back to sustainable levels. What these people did to that woman and that animal was gross, stupid, crazy, uninformed, and flat retarded. But I've rarely seen people associated with PETA and ALF be anything other than obnoxiously stupid.

If you want to support animals, if you truly love them, you'd dedicate your time to ASPCA or another care organization that does good work. Not one who financially supports known domestic terrorism groups (and yes, both the ALF and ELF are on the FBI's list of known domestic terrorists and PETA is quite free with the information that they support BOTH).

PETA is the most hypocritical, abusive, insane group on the planet. I want to severely shake anyone who supports them.

:tu:

But in dealing with radicals that was to be expected, "sea kittens" indeed.

:tu:

But in dealing with radicals that was to be expected, "sea kittens" indeed.

I'm actually ok with certain radicalists... sometimes things need to start radically in order to gain momentum. However, I don't think that murder, beatings, law breaking, and moral debatchery should be included in a radical movement. LIke I said a while ago... PETA are a bunch of nutbags, but as long as they aren't harming people, animals or the environment, I can live with them while not agreeing with them. The moment they start killing animals, beating up defenseless old ladies and funding known terrorist groups is when I can no longer ignore them. They move from being radicalists to being dangerous zealots. Dangerous zealots in any form never get my respect. PETA could have been a good group, but they aren't... they're vile and I will continue to speak out and debase anyone who supports their special brand of violence, destruction and immorality.

• Like 1

While you eat that steak, consider what the animal went through to make it posible.

I will still eat steak...My doc recommends I have red meat in my diet too.. Do you honestly think I am going to care what some PETA supporter thinks? ..I think not..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I imagine PETA takes the approach it does because unless you slap people in the face and do something really dramatic to grab their attention, they tend to go along the line of least resistance and simply do what they've always done/follow the unthinking majority ...... regardless of how good and reasonable the message is.

So you're ok with them putting up memorial signs for cows instead of using that money to create awareness for sheltered pets or adopting out animals? Don't you think that their money and time would be better spent promoting this awareness or spaying/neutering programs than such silly and fruitless things like memorializing dead cattle?

And this statement shows that you know absolutely NOTHING about parrots. And it shows that you're quite heartless. But that's what I expect from most PETA/ALF supporters. Large parrots are extremely social. They tend to like being around a lot of people. Most parrots in captivity live twice as long as their wild counterparts. Most parrots love riding in cars (although I've had two that were prone to car sickness). Large parrots tend to do just fine in homes when the people who keep them understand their needs.

I read the same statement about them being caged and how awful it is.. and I think you are correct. Anyone coming out with a statement like that on Parots is simply lackinmg educational knowledge on them.. I think you could educate her on those birds MissMels.. From what I have read so far in other threads,, you sure know a lot about these kid of birds.. You taught me a thing or too...

BTW - Good posts..all I can say is way to go Miss Mels.. your posts are very informative for all to read

You 'witnessed this all in front of my very little eyes' ...... hmmm, not so little, you were 25 in 1992! I'm calling BS on your entire 'story' ..... you're a troll.

She is not trolling, in fact in all the years I have been here, I have not seen her troll anyone... What Miss Mels posts up concerning birds etc, is in fact educational and very informative....Calling her a troll because she is rather knowledgeable and doesn't agree with your views, is pointless ..

So you're ok with them putting up memorial signs for cows instead of using that money to create awareness for sheltered pets or adopting out animals? Don't you think that their money and time would be better spent promoting this awareness or spaying/neutering programs than such silly and fruitless things like memorializing dead cattle?

Good point.. the money could be used to help pets with no food and shelter...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

The majority of these animals will NOT be in a state to be adopted ..... ask yourself why have they become 'rescue' animals in the first place?If there are SUITABLE homes out there for all those animals, why are folks not queueing around the block from the doors of the rescue centres ...... begging to be given an animal or two? I would guess because the majority of them prefer the kudos of being seen with a 'pedigree' dog, or else they are persuaded to take an animal they didn't really want from a nearby litter(that also was probably not planned).

What do think is a solution to the problem?

Why do they become rescue animals? any number of reasons.

Oftentimes because of an irresponsible owner. Or, they may have escaped a loving home and been found by someone else and taken to the shelter, they may have been from a loving elderly home but the owner passed away and there was no one to take the animal in, etc.

It's not fair to judge the animals based on this! And many animals get sick after they go to the shelter because FeLV is very common and easily spread there... but its not something that makes them a bad pet or sick all of the time. Both of my cats have had it and 99% of the time they're fine.

I adopted the SWEETEST cat ever from the SPCA. The people there were worried because at some point he had a hematoma in his ear that was not treated, so it caused scar tissue and now he has one crinkled up ear and one normal ear. He also has a broken tooth and a chip fracture on his right femur. It's very likely that had I not adopted him, he would have been put down... and this little guy really does not deserve it. He's brought so much joy to our household, yet he might have ended up being put down just because of the visible flaws of his ear and his tooth.

So where does the problem lie? PETA is so worried about their shock media that they are overlooking a basic concept. If they put a lot of effort into making shelters nicer and cleaner, making them more friendly to the public (my local SPCA has some volunteers who aren't very nice), and do a whole lot of public education about how many, if not most, of the pets in shelters will likely make wonderful companions.

The general public seems to think that mostly sick or damaged animals end up in shelters. Wonder how they got that idea?

If people really want to help the situation, there's quite a few options:

1. donate to your local shelter: food, blankets, towels, money, whatever you've got.

2. volunteer at your local shelter and be a loving bridge between the people who walk through the door and the pets they're looking at. show the animals endless love and kindness to help re-socialize them so they'll have a better chance of being adopted.

3. adopt shelter animals yourself.

4. educate your friends on why adopting rescued animals is far, far, far, far, far, far, far better than going to a breeder, especially if they don't have a NEED for a specific breed.

5. be a foster parent for shelter animals (take them in temporarily until a permanent home is found)

6. participate in a neuter/spay and release program, catching feral cats, taking them to be neutered and then releasing them, as this leads to fewer feral kittens and fewer feral born kittens ending up in shelters

7. buy meat and dairy only from local farms that you can see the animal's treatment firsthand.

8. if you have the means, start a genuine no-kill shelter. There is a farm in my area that has been converted to just this, and they will keep the animals until they die naturally, they don't send them off to be put down. (for that reason, they can't take in large numbers of animals, so there needs to be more places like this to help cover the need)

9. show your support and spread the message for genuinely ethical animal support groups.

10. help spread the word that spaying/neutering pets can help save the lives of other animals.

Those are just some examples.

I'm actually ok with certain radicalists... sometimes things need to start radically in order to gain momentum. However, I don't think that murder, beatings, law breaking, and moral debatchery should be included in a radical movement. LIke I said a while ago... PETA are a bunch of nutbags, but as long as they aren't harming people, animals or the environment, I can live with them while not agreeing with them. The moment they start killing animals, beating up defenseless old ladies and funding known terrorist groups is when I can no longer ignore them. They move from being radicalists to being dangerous zealots. Dangerous zealots in any form never get my respect. PETA could have been a good group, but they aren't... they're vile and I will continue to speak out and debase anyone who supports their special brand of violence, destruction and immorality.

All radicals will loose the sense of balance sooner or later and from that point on cause more damage then good.

Peta is annoying, and needs to stop being around. Their efforts should go to buying farms, paying people to live on those farms with all the animals that can't be adopted yet. Like a permanent in between house for animals. If I had the money I would do it.