Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New evidence casts doubt in Lockerbie case

ExpandMyMind

Fresh scientific evidence unearthed by a Scottish legal review undermines the case against the man convicted of being responsible for the Lockerbie aircraft bombing, an investigation for Al Jazeera has found.

The Scottish Criminal Case Review Commission (SCCRC) report details evidence that would probably have resulted in the verdict against Abdel Baset al-Meghrahi, a Libyan man convicted of carrying out the bombing of Pan-Am flight 103 in 1988, being overturned.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Sorry I haven't been online to address other posts (at the local library posting this). Hopefully I'll have a stable connection to the internet soon.

Anyways, that the Lockerbie case was pretty much a sham has been known for quite some time now, but it seems that yet more eveidence seems to appear in support of this. Hopefully this will also help to convince some people that, even though the stated reasons were a joke to anyone with a properly functioning brain, the real reasons behind someone convicted of mass-murder being released were not on humanitarian grounds (as I have been stating on here since he was released).

To our British users: I noticed that there is a BBC documentary on tonight at around half seven-ish. I only saw a brief advertisement for it but it seems to be in line with the matter of this news article. Could be interesting.

Thanks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itsnotoutthere

• Space Commander Travis

• ExpandMyMind

• smurf0852

So are the usual suspects going to try to argue (pause for yawn) that it was actually a False Flag operation by the U.S. Govt? In order to do what? To give a pretext, 22 years later, for overthrowing Gadaffi and imposing a U.S. Puppet Regime?

And the fact that BP and the Scottish Government both were embarrassed by Megrahi's release and the US congress clamoring for extradition has nothing to do with this situation, I'm sure. Megrahi was a member of Libya's security service. Gaddafi paid 2.7 billion in claims to make the situation go away. Megrahi was released because he was terminally ill...TWO YEARS AGO. In every way that matters, he already has been absolved - everything but his conscience.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8350306/Megrahi-threatened-to-reveal-Gaddafis-role-in-Lockerbie-bombing-unless-he-was-released-it-is-claimed.html

http://lockerbiecase.blogspot.com/2011/02/megrahi-blackmailed-gaddafi.html

Peddle it to someone who cares...if you can find them.

And the fact that BP and the Scottish Government both were embarrassed by Megrahi's release and the US congress clamoring for extradition has nothing to do with this situation, I'm sure. Megrahi was a member of Libya's security service. Gaddafi paid 2.7 billion in claims to make the situation go away. Megrahi was released because he was terminally ill...TWO YEARS AGO. In every way that matters, he already has been absolved - everything but his conscience.

http://www.telegraph...is-claimed.html

http://lockerbiecase...ed-gaddafi.html

Peddle it to someone who cares...if you can find them.

The decision was made by the Scottish Government...!

I understand that. In the US the common perception is that his release was a backroom deal between Gaddafi and the Scots due to oil contracts with BP which I understand is home to a huge amount of pension money for the UK. Whether that perception is accurate I do not know. But the idea that Megrahi is a victim and should be pardoned basically is an affront to the 270 families that buried their dead but not their memories in 1988.

So are the usual suspects going to try to argue (pause for yawn) that it was actually a False Flag operation by the U.S. Govt? In order to do what? To give a pretext, 22 years later, for overthrowing Gadaffi and imposing a U.S. Puppet Regime?

As the thread starter notes, this is rather old news. That the prosecution was a sham has been known for quite a few years now.

I can't remember all the details now, but it seems there may have been an "enemy of the state" onboard the aircraft. Can't remember if it was British or American, but there was a reason for it.

As the thread starter notes, this is rather old news. That the prosecution was a sham has been known for quite a few years now.

I can't remember all the details now, but it seems there may have been an "enemy of the state" onboard the aircraft. Can't remember if it was British or American, but there was a reason for it.

oh, right, so the Bomb was planted by the forces of Evil (i.e. America) to bump off an Enemy of the People, was it, then. Yes, that's a really efficient and cost-effective method of assassination. :rolleyes:

I thought it was common knowledge tha Meghrahi was just a patsy.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

I understand that. In the US the common perception is that his release was a backroom deal between Gaddafi and the Scots due to oil contracts with BP which I understand is home to a huge amount of pension money for the UK. Whether that perception is accurate I do not know. But the idea that Megrahi is a victim and should be pardoned basically is an affront to the 270 families that buried their dead but not their memories in 1988.

that is exactly what it was he was as guilty as sin he was a mass murderer and was released for political/financial reasons .lets face it the british goverment has done worse .good friday agreement anyone !!!!!

Edited by smurf0852

that is exactly what it was he was as guilty as sin he was a mass murderer and was released for political/financial reasons .lets face it the british goverment has done worse .good friday agreement anyone !!!!!

"Several legal experts as well as the UN observer at the Lockerbie trial have vehemently challenged the verdict that convicted Megrahi,[3] while Ulrich Lumpert, the Mebo AG engineer who testified to the validity of a key piece of evidence, admitted in an affidavit to lying in court and stealing the object from his employer after the attack whereupon it was planted

[/i"

"Since the Crown never had much of a case against Megrahi, it was no surprise when the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission (SCCRC) found prima facie evidence in June 2007 that Megrahi had suffered a miscarriage of justice and recommended that he be granted a second appeal. If Megrahi didn't do it, who did? Some time ago suspicion fell on a gang headed by a convicted Palestinian terrorist named Abu Talb and a Jordanian triple agent named Marwan Abdel Razzaq Khreesat. Both were Iranian agents; Khreesat was also on the CIA payroll. Abu Talb was given lifelong immunity from prosecution in exchange for his evidence at the Lockerbie trial; Marwan Khreesat was released for lack of evidence by German police even though a barometric timer of the type used to detonate the bomb on Pan Am Flight 103 was found in his car when he was arrested."

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Ah, so it was a CIA False Flag operation in order to.... well, in order to what, then? I always find it intereting that those who say "think for yourself", and "wake up, sheeple" never seem to adequately explain what these plots were actually intended to achieve.

Edited by 747400

link :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdelbaset_al-Megrahi

Campaigners, including Jim Swire, whose daughter died in the 1988 Pan Am bombing, say efforts to overturn Megrahi's 2001 conviction for the murder of 270 people will go ahead even after the terminally ill Libyan has died.

Megrahi was convicted by a special court of three Scots judges who sat without a jury in Camp Zeist in the Netherlands, but John Ashton's book, Megrahi, You Are My Jury, quotes the Libyan as saying that he was framed, claiming that evidence seen by prosecutors was never passed to the defence. "There was a huge pressure to convict and it's clear now there was blatant intellectual dishonesty surrounding his trial," said Ashton. "Along with significant new forensic evidence, it's pretty clear this is an unsafe conviction."

Evidence not seen by the defence includes a break-in at Heathrow in the early hours of 21 December 1988, that could have allowed a device to be planted among security-screened Pan Am luggage. Doubts have also been cast over payments made to a key prosecution witness and a circuit board fragment found in the wreckage that prosecutors said was part of bomb timer made for Libyan authorities.

link :- http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/mar/03/lockerbie-fresh-moves-megrahi?newsfeed=true

Edited by itsnotoutthere

What, because you say so? If what you say is true we can probably thank that other international terrorist & war criminal Tony Blair.

What, because you say so? If what you say is true we can probably thank that other international terrorist & war criminal Tony Blair.

no because 3 judges did.i do however totally agree with your comment about tony blair

link :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdelbaset_al-Megrahi

Campaigners, including Jim Swire, whose daughter died in the 1988 Pan Am bombing, say efforts to overturn Megrahi's 2001 conviction for the murder of 270 people will go ahead even after the terminally ill Libyan has died.

Megrahi was convicted by a special court of three Scots judges who sat without a jury in Camp Zeist in the Netherlands, but John Ashton's book, Megrahi, You Are My Jury, quotes the Libyan as saying that he was framed, claiming that evidence seen by prosecutors was never passed to the defence. "There was a huge pressure to convict and it's clear now there was blatant intellectual dishonesty surrounding his trial," said Ashton. "Along with significant new forensic evidence, it's pretty clear this is an unsafe conviction."

Evidence not seen by the defence includes a break-in at Heathrow in the early hours of 21 December 1988, that could have allowed a device to be planted among security-screened Pan Am luggage. Doubts have also been cast over payments made to a key prosecution witness and a circuit board fragment found in the wreckage that prosecutors said was part of bomb timer made for Libyan authorities.

link :- http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/mar/03/lockerbie-fresh-moves-megrahi?newsfeed=true

Then who is the Guardian trying to insinuate was responsible? That's what i'd like someone to give a nice clear answer to if they could.

Then who is the Guardian trying to insinuate was responsible? That's what i'd like someone to give a nice clear answer to if they could.

I suspect the American government were keen to see somebody (anybody) go down for it.

In cases like these, because of their very 'spooky' nature, clear answers are not always as available as you might like them to be.

The various spook agencies ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF gathering and analyzing evidence, no? Dealing with 'evidence' is all they do, and planting and removing evidence are part of that.

Black & white answers are not always an option.

It was actually the Scottish Court. In a shameful and horrible excuse for a trial, it should be added.